Really?

gorlab

I just got emailed a New Member survey, and I let this shit fly there, too, but I wanted to air out VHL in the public eye as well. I'm from SHL. I have over 1000 tpe there. I am a boss on SHL. I know exactly what to do to get my player to be good. In VHL? I'm 3 weeks in and still haven't done shit with my player, or this community. 

Here's why your trash league is horrid compared to us:

1) There's no rookie/mentor committee. Like, are you serious? When I signed up and created a player, nobody took 2 seconds to ask me if I had any questions (other than my SHL friend who I put as my recruiter). I was thinking some type of welcoming director or SOMEBODY would like, PM a new member and make sure they know what to do, but there was absolutely nothing.

2) I wrote my player biography, because I somehow found out that's what you're supposed to do, and some needledick takes 7+ days to grade it, and then basically tells me I'm a piece of garbage and gives me half the TPE that other people get, despite me putting a lot of work into that fucker??

Who is this piece of shit to tell me my joint isn't good enough and doesn't deserve full marks?? Do you want activity in your league? You've got to be way less strict. This isn't some high school summer program, it's a fucking sim hockey league that people come here for fun, not to be told that their writing isn't good enough and given a D-. I don't even remember who graded my shit, but if he ever tried to tell me something like that IRL he'd be knocked clean out. Jardy come see me anywhere in Saskatoon if you want to catch a fade on his behalf.

3) The GUI of your site is clunky as fuck. I know you're trying to make it look sleek or whatever, but it's shit. The absolute pinnacle of the shitty GUI is this horrid fucking text entry box you need to use to make forum posts / pm someone. The formatting is HORRID. BB Code >>>>>>>>>>> Whatever this shit is. This is like some forumotion, horribly coded garbage. I was typing up a response to the 'New Member Survey' (which was sent to me like 3 weeks after I joined this fucker) AND THE FUCKING TEXT LITERALLY STARTED GOING OUT OF THE TEXTBOX ONTO THE WEBPAGE ITSELF. I damn near died of laughter, but this shit is GARBAGE.

4) I dont even know if this is true, but it seems like GRAPHICS are pretty much what you need to be good at, if you want to get points for your player. I don't do graphics, so fuck off with that. I don't want to do text, because I don't want some fedora-wearing piece of shit to passive aggressively "critique" my writing and find some bullshit excuse as to not deem it worth the full reward.

5) I was creating my player, and noticed all the other prospects had a (S40) tag on them, so I put an (S40) on mine, thinking "okay there is a bunch of S40's here, so there is probably a draft coming up soon.". Then, out of the blue like a week after I created a player, I'm magically on the Moscow Shitwolfs??? I posted in their LR and they were apparently in the playoffs or some shit and they needed a 4th liner so they scooped me up??  WHAT???

This is what you want your new members to experience? Playing a handful of 4-5 minute games on some random team, out of nowhere, without any type of heads up???  A draft experience is one of the major moments in a sim player's career, and whatever this shit system you have here, where my player can be signed as a FA to play 10 games for a random team before he's drafted to another team, is just straight up horrid. This is like an NHL player getting signed as a FA in the playoffs and then getting drafted ~2 weeks after the playoffs end by another team? The fuck?? Who thinks this shit up??

If anybody even tries to argue any of the shit I posted, I'm either going to find Jardy IRL and knock him out, or retire and go back to the SHL full-time. If you are from SHL and I offended you with this post, then sorry.

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

EDIT: for real doe

You're comparing apples with oranges. Both fruit but both much different. I'm sorry that this site isn't accustom to what you are use to at the SHL. Although you should have gotten a welcome PM which I'm not sure why you haven't, a lot of this site and sims in general are self motivated. Most of the new members we've had here don't need to be babied through every step, and if there is confusion you can literally ask anyone online in the chat and they'll be glad to explain things to you. In the VHL we don't spoon feed you everything for the whole time you're here. Most of your questions or concerns could be answered with one chat message or PM, but if you rather take the time to make a post of complain about things rather than ask for clarification it's up to you. You're entitled to your opinion, but if something has been working for 7 plus years and a large member base that is actually mostly made up of regular actives I don't see a reason to drastically change things.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

SHL Players be like "Yeah SHL shits on VHL big time"

VHL Players be like "Oh they are completely different leagues. You can't compare them."

Green whatsup bud how's the son and wife doing??

But gorlab . I did say you could ask anything so I basically wanted to be your mentor.

Hope you stick around here to knock down that farmer. This league is worth it.

Unlike the SHL, people here have a bit more common decency. Atleast they dont threaten to rape my wife and go unpunished after several reports.

Guest Svoboda_3

2) I wrote my player biography, because I somehow found out that's what you're supposed to do, and some needledick takes 7+ days to grade it, and then basically tells me I'm a piece of garbage and gives me half the TPE that other people get, despite me putting a lot of work into that fucker??

Who is this piece of shit to tell me my joint isn't good enough and doesn't deserve full marks?? Do you want activity in your league? You've got to be way less strict. This isn't some high school summer program, it's a fucking sim hockey league that people come here for fun, not to be told that their writing isn't good enough and given a D-. I don't even remember who graded my shit, but if he ever tried to tell me something like that IRL he'd be knocked clean out. Jardy come see me anywhere in Saskatoon if you want to catch a fade on his behalf.

It must be tough having all this free time seeing that grade 6 just got let out for the summer.

I'm an hour north of Saskatoon (Prince Albert), come find me and prove it.

Edited by Svoboda_3

• Senior Admin

SHL Players be like "Yeah SHL shits on VHL big time"

VHL Players be like "Oh they are completely different leagues. You can't compare them."

Thats called professionalism, and thank you for further outlining that the SHL has none. 

It's simple - you don't like the league... leave it. duh. No one's holding you down.

Feedback's great as always but if you were confused - why not ask what to do? 

Also... maybe you want to read the Rubric for the bio before you write it. Don't see how you can complain about that. 

Why shit on the SHL, everyone knows the VHL is superior league. SHL is a joke, unless of course you like to bitch about grades because you can't write for shit then yeah.

But gorlab . I did say you could ask anything so I basically wanted to be your mentor.

Hope you stick around here to knock down that farmer. This league is worth it.

Unlike the SHL, people here have a bit more common decency. Atleast they dont threaten to rape my wife and go unpunished after several reports.

I got fined (now in review) 15 million for calling someone a cunt.

Gorlab, I've waited two weeks for grades in the SHL. That being said, I've never given anyone less than a 5.75 in my short time as grader. You missed out on the pros and cons section (which I don't agree should be part of a bio, never have) but you still have to follow the rubric.

Anyways, rage quitting is always the best way to go I guess.

It sounds like someone is frustrated that they actually have to earn TPE here to be good, which after reading this, sounds like it will be rather challenging.

Edited by frescoelmo