S59 Official Award Changes

Beketov

• Senior Admin
40 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Definitely did not shrink that logo as much as I thought I did; oh well. Wanted to have a bit of fun with this change.

little known pro-tip: you can re-size images right in the text editor by double clicking them :o 

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Will said:

little known pro-tip: you can re-size images right in the text editor by double clicking them :o 

Well that would have saved me opening photoshop and is something I definitely did not know about.

Edit: Does add a border around the image mind you, that part looks iffy.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

No need to antagonize him. He was one of the ones pushing for it and (I think) the first one to bring up Wylde. Point is it got done, that’s the important thing.

Not antagonizing anyone. Just stating it was a post in the BOG that sparked the discussion on it.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

ClGzQkJ.png

Correction

Reports coming from VHL Headquarters today are indicating a breach in protocol regarding the recent announcement of new award names. It would appear that someone changed the content of the PR team's announcement prior to the announcement being made; resulting in the wrong name being applied to the Top Defensive Defenseman award. The award was thusly, and inaccurately, named the Jack Sound award. It is unclear at this time who made the change but it is believed to be a relative of Mr. Sound trying to continue his family member's legacy.

In light of this the league would like to officially announce the proper name for the award: The Jake Wylde Award. The league would like to apologize to Mr. Wylde and the fans for the confusion regarding this name. Both Mr. Wylde's statistics and agency better reflect the purpose of the award and the league would like to officially congratulate him on receiving this honour.

Thanks guys. Pretty amazing :)

Because he's an HoF player pretty much. His defensive (or what we consider defensive) are pretty good as well. Its like saying Lidstrom was an offensive D. Not really, it was more that he was an elite 2 way D

Edited by boubabi

• Beketov unfeatured this topic