Shorter Seasons?

Beaviss

Shorter Season?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys we all know that the middle of the regular season is the deadest and most boring part of the season here. My suggestion is that we add one additional game sim day to each day’s sims. This would effectively cut the season in 1/3 making each day that much more exciting. 

A suggestion by @Quik since everyone will ask where will my extra couple weeks of TPE earnings come from? Is that right smarch smack(bad joke) in the middle of the season would be a doubles week for everyone thus negating the shorter season. 

What do people think?

@Exlaxchronicles @Kendrick @Bushito @Banackock @Smarch @Beketov @Green

@Will @boubabi random tags

Edited by Beaviss

I voted good idea, because I feel like seeing the game stats and all that is the why I love coming here. And only getting to see 2-4 (between both VHL and VHLM) per day that concern me is like meh.

But I will understand the back lash.... at least the back lash that is placed in reason. Not the "No for the sake of no" that usually comes along with ideas here.

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

No

Ok dude, but why.  I understand if you're not behind the idea, but rather than just shooting it down, explain why you dont think it will work.  The dialog began by the difference of ideas could lead us to a resolution for a problem we're not even considering here.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, STZ said:

Why make seasons shorter when we can just increase sim frequency?

That is basically what he’s suggesting. He means actual real length length of time shorter. The season would still be 72 games. We would just sim 3 sim days per real day instead of 2.

15 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Ok dude, but why.  I understand if you're not behind the idea, but rather than just shooting it down, explain why you dont think it will work.  The dialog began by the difference of ideas could lead us to a resolution for a problem we're not even considering here.

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Why make seasons shorter when we can just increase sim frequency?

This right here.

13 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

what do you see this as? twice a day rather than once a day?

Would that not shorten the season regardless?

My suggestion in the suggestion drive was that instead of simming two days per day it was three.. so it would only shorten the season by a couple weeks

1 hour ago, Will said:

especially if careers went up to 10-seasons, i wouldn't mind somewhere between 1-2 weeks being shaved off from season to season 

You're getting a 1/3 less TPE with this idea too FYI based off what @Beaviss said. 

With this idea, purchased extensions wouldn't fly.. would have to be 10 seasons and regression lighter maybe at the start years as people won't be earning the same TPE they do now in a season..

12 minutes ago, Banackock said:

You cut time, you cut TPE. 

Well we could add more games then like shouldn't it be 82 games instead of 72 cus they do 82 in the NHL