Major Off-Season Changes

Beketov

• Commissioner

S59 Off-Season Changes

Hello VHL! With the off-season soon to be among us the league would like to take this opportunity to announce a few large changes coming to the VHL TPE system.

League Partnership

First up is the announcement everyone has been expecting, mostly because I posted it a bit early and jumped the gun at the trade deadline. This time, however, things are completely ready to go.

The VHL has officially partnered with two other major leagues currently operating: the EFL and the SBA. What this partnership means is that a PT done in any of the three leagues can be claimed as welfare in any of the other leagues. This partnership has been approved by the BOG in all three leagues so any PT done in any of the three can be used in any of the others.

With this partnership our Welfare system is changing in a couple of different ways. We will still have 3 different levels of TPE to be earned from Welfare but how you achieve them and how much you earn is changing. The main part of this change is that doing a PT in an partnered league (EFL or SBA) allows you to claim increased welfare in the VHL. The welfare system we had before is still in place though, with minor changes. The amounts you can earn from welfare now go as follows:

Regular Welfare: 4 TPE

Pension: 5 TPE

Welfare with Affiliate Claim: 6 TPE

As always, if you claim welfare you cannot claim a PT in the same week; that has not changed regardless of what level you are utilizing. However all other ways of earning TPE can still be utilized. The definitions for the above fall more or less the same they did before. As a full description though:

Regular Welfare – Any member, regardless of previous players TPE levels.

Pension - Previously named Pension Plan II. Claimable by members who have had 2 previous players above 400 TPE.

Welfare with Affiliate Claim – If you have done a PT in a partnered league, post the link to claim.

PT Changes

In addition to the above welfare changes, there are a few changes that are coming to earning TPE in the VHL as well. Regular PT's will remain at 6 TPE but FAN 590 articles are increasing from 1 capped TPE to 2. In addition to that, we've added a new way of earning TPE into the league in the form of Press Conferences.

For any members of the SBA or EFL this system will sound familiar. Press Conferences allow members to ask and answer questions in order to earn TPE. Questions are answered as your character so it's a great opportunity to get creative and give some character to your players. As mentioned, you can earn TPE by either asking for answering questions. 1 TPE is earned from either answering 3 questions or asking 5 unique ones and each player can earn 2 TPE capped per week. As an added bonus, asking questions to Podcasters for their PT will count as press conference questions.

So, in summary:

PT - 6 TPE

Press Conference - 2 TPE

FAN 590 - 2 TPE

New Weekly Cap and Pay

But wait, there’s more! Some quick math showcases a problem with the above, that’s above the current TPE cap isn’t it? Not anymore! With these new amounts coming into effect the weekly cap is also increasing from 9 to 12 TPE per week. As an extra bonus on top of this, all weekly pay will be increasing by 1 TPE. The only exception to this being the recruitment crew who have always earned the cap so they will continue to earn it and have their pay increased to 12.

Update Scale Changes

With this extra TPE being offered the update scale does also need to change in order to keep things from getting out of hand TPE wise. With that in mind the new update scale will be:

35-70: 1

70-75: 2

75-80: 3

80-90: 5

90-95: 8

95-99: 10

This scale makes things a bit harsher, especially at the top end, but is mostly designed to alleviate TPE inflation from having 3 extra TPE available per week. Everyone will be rescaled and will have the option of taking a free TPE Re-Roll (Re-Roll topic will be put up during the off-season) if they'd like to change their build with the new scale. In addition, because the scale is changing on account of a higher TPE cap everyone will be awarded bonus TPE based on the amount of PT's they have done up until the re-scale. For each week a PT or welfare has been claimed a player will be awarded 3 TPE. This should help account for the seasons of 9 TPE cap within the new scale. This reward will be counted up for everyone.

As I said above this scale does make things a bit harsher so fear not, we are planning more events with uncapped TPE involved than we have in the past. In addition, this change has the potential to lower attributes which means we may be able to use a newer version of the sim engine which will be tested moving forward. So far we have not been able to because the engine is not built for such high attributes but a stronger scale may help lower those and allow us to update. We will test the possible outcomes and bring you further news on this when that testing finishes.

Conclusion

We firmly believe that these changes will help improve the overall quality of life within the VHL and open our doors more to people from other leagues. However we hope that this isn't all that happens. With the new PT option and new update scale the BOG hopes that people can be more creative with their builds as well as creating characters rather than simply players. We are excited for the future this helps create for the VHL. At this point you're probably wondering when all this goes into effect? Well, we are happy to announce that it will all go in starting in the next PT week so Monday, Feb 12th.

• Commissioner
Just now, Tyler said:

so basically update all your 90-99 stats right now

You can if you want but as the post states, everyone is being re-scaled anyway so it won’t make a difference. @Will will be handling most of the re-scale so if you have any questions about it he can answer them.

• Commissioner

As an additional note as well, to make the compensation pay as easy and accurate as possible all players should have their PT’s / Welfare in their update threads by the end of the weekend so they can be tallied for compensation. Any not in update threads can be accounted for after by PMing the administration but it’ll slow the process down so the sooner the better.

26 minutes ago, Beketov said:

As an additional note as well, to make the compensation pay as easy and accurate as possible all players should have their PT’s / Welfare in their update threads by the end of the weekend so they can be tallied for compensation. Any not in update threads can be accounted for after by PMing the administration but it’ll slow the process down so the sooner the better.

And adding onto this: We'll be doing a regular update tomorrow (will be in the afternoon for me), after which Will will be doing the conversions. The extra TPE tallies are separate, but I imagine not too long after that. So getting stuff in as quickly as possible would be cool :cheers:

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, STZ said:

I’d hate to be depreciated this upcoming season... o wait..

I had the same thing with Holik. Unfortunately it will be harsher for those that are getting depreciated as well.

On the plus side, it means you’ve done more PT’s and will be therefore compensated more as well.

• Commissioner
Just now, Beaviss said:

@Beketov does that mean doubles week are now 12 TPE? 

Doubles weeks won’t change any as they have always been only doubling of the regular PT which isn’t changing from its 6 TPE mark.

• Senior Admin

I’m really looking forward to press conferences, surprised they were never seriously discussed before I think they’re a perfect new and easy weekly activity. 

A quick note note about update scale conversion: 

I’ll be handling it pretty much the exact same as I did last time, as the process was fair and well received. 

So there will be a final update done on the old scale within the next couple days. Following that, depreciation will be done quickly and everyone will be re-scaled to the new scale. After everyone is re-scaled, a thread will be up with the compensation payouts and info on TPE re-rolls. 

If you plan on buying a depreciation modifier, buy it ASAP, dip into your next season salary if you have to (as long as the amount you need is less than your minimum salary). But of course if anyone misses this, they can still buy modifiers afterwards and I will go back and fix them up.

Also about the doubles, while we’ll still have PT doubles weeks I’m sure we’ll consider doing doubles weeks that cover more than just PT’s occasionally now that PT’s are only 6/12.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Little bit longer of an off-season! Nice. I'll need it with the heavy lifting that'll be coming for myself and GM/financier etc. 

Our plan is not to extend things out too much as we should be able to handle most of these changes soon. However with the World Cup the off-season will naturally be a bit longer anyway.

Not quite sure about the press conference thingy as I feel they are pretty dependant of the questions received by the community  (see the lack of questions for people who does podcast). Also, it also has a short lifespan as there wont me much to answer about every week for 8 seasons.

Again, there's nothing to differentiate people that does a pt here and who doesnt, which is a weird incentive imo.

Anyway, nothing I said the last time needs to be repeated. Not a fan, but lets see how it goes

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

So is the 3 extra per PT/Welfare awarded for just this past season, or a players whole career? 

Whole career. Every week you did a PT or received welfare you are given 3 TPE. This is to account for the fact that everyone will be re-scaled based on a 12 TPE/week scale while careers thus far have been 9 TPE/week. So, as compensation, we are assuming that any week someone did a PT they could have received max points and are giving them extra points back.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Not quite sure about the press conference thingy as I feel they are pretty dependant of the questions received by the community  (see the lack of questions for people who does podcast). Also, it also has a short lifespan as there wont me much to answer about every week for 8 seasons.

The convenience of these over podcasts is that players are rewarded for asking questions as well as answering them. So yes, if everyone just waits around for questions then no one will ever get any points. But if they go out and ask them then they'll receive points for asking and others will receive points for answering. Everyone wins. Also, GM's could post questions for their entire team to answer.

And how will you manage to know how much pt we did during our career to compensate? Mines pretty easy considering I pretty much never missed one, but could be tougher for a lot of semi active dudes

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Whole career. Every week you did a PT or received welfare you are given 3 TPE. This is to account for the fact that everyone will be re-scaled based on a 12 TPE/week scale while careers thus far have been 9 TPE/week. So, as compensation, we are assuming that any week someone did a PT they could have received max points and are giving them extra points back.

The convenience of these over podcasts is that players are rewarded for asking questions as well as answering them. So yes, if everyone just waits around for questions then no one will ever get any points. But if they go out and ask them then they'll receive points for asking and others will receive points for answering. Everyone wins. Also, GM's could post questions for their entire team to answer.

Yeah, everyone will get 3 TPE for every PT/Welfare/Pension/Free Week/Mag/Sim that they've claimed, up to and including this week. So if anyone has unclaimed submissions laying around, get them in, as we will be posting the payouts soon, and any non-claimed submissions will result in a delay in receiving your full payout.

And for the Press Conferences, everyone should always have a pool of 5 questions to answer from their GM, as there will be a weekly Pinned Thread for each GM to post 5 questions for all members of their team to answer from. VHLM GMs can also post in that thread for VHLM players to have a pool of questions to pick from as well. The hope is obviously that this stimulates some interaction between members and gets some activity going.

I'm pretty excited about the changes and think we should see a nice spark in the league.

• Commissioner
Just now, boubabi said:

And how will you manage to know how much pt we did during our career to compensate? Mines pretty easy considering I pretty much never missed one, but could be tougher for a lot of semi active dudes

Counted up via update threads. @Quik managed to count up most of the league this afternoon alone so it won't take long.

Just now, boubabi said:

Literally going through each update thread. Which is why everyone is being encouraged to post any unclaimed submissions ASAP.

• Commissioner
Just now, boubabi said:

And everyone will have their attributes adjusted for the new scale, right ?

Yes. @Will will be re-scaling using the same system he did last time which allowed him to do most of the league very quickly. The process will be fast and should be completed before the end of the weekend.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

And will the pt/xm radio upgrade still be +1 tpe or it will be adjusted as well?

You mean the one bought from the store? Yes, it will remain as +1 from where it was so it would continue to put PTs up to 7 and FAN 590 articles would go from 2 to 3. That is assuming that the purchase options remain as possible changes are coming to the store as well. However with the current options it will remain as +1.