Claimed: Interesting situation [1/2]

With the Stockholm Vikings and Cologne Express being selected for contraction, I find myself in a peculiar situation as both my players will be up for grabs in the Dispersal Draft. One of my players plays for the Calgary Wranglers though so how are both of my players in the draft? well the Stockholm Viking roster and assets will be switched over to the Wranglers while the Wranglers players will be on their way to the Dispersal Draft. Well that is interesting. GM's should know what I bring to the table as a player who works week in and week out and will stay loyal so my players should be in high demand right?! Let's find out where the players fit in to the VHL landscape.

Calgary Wranglers:

LW Luigi Linguini 57 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky - 607 TPE - RW Darryl Dortch 370 TPE

D Boner 320 TPE - D Mats Johnsson 315 TPE

G Norris Stropko 386 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

With the new look Calgary Wranglers, Gretzky would easily become their best forward by a country mile. Gretzky would be leaned on very heavily by the Wranglers to provide offense. It could be a interesting fit because of their D corps that consists of Boner and Johnsson who I wouldn't mind playing with and also GM @Bushito has been a guy I wouldn't mind player for as well. I have no problems with the guy despite his perceived reputation.

Shawn Brodeur on the other hand wouldn't be a good fit here with Stropko having more than 50 TPE on him and they are from the same draft class.

HC Davos Dynamo:

LW Jeff Gow 270 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE

D Diego Jokinen 360 TPE - D Ko Kane 270 TPE

G Rhett DeGrath 928 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

Going back to the ol stomping grounds with Gretzky would be interesting considering Calgary gave up 3 1st Round picks to acquire myself and Motherfucker Sharpe. Gretzky and Gow could become a formidable duo. I would not be opposed to coming back to Davos.

Brodeur much like in Calgary would not fit in Davos unless the Meute are able to trade DeGrath but then Burger King will also be part of the team so unless he retires it could be interesting to see how it plays out if Brodeur ends up here. I like Tyler so I have no problem if any of my players come here but it remains to be seen how the goalie situation plays out.

Helsinki Titans:

LW Rudolph Schmeckledorf 619 TPE - C Franchise Cornerstone 960 TPE -   

LW Conrad Jenkins 369 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE

C Jack Shepard 322 TPE

D Michael Kinkaid

G Astrid Moon 719 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

The Titans have a very interesting future. If they get Gretzky they would have a nice 1/2 punch in the middle with Cornerstone and Gretzky meaning Jack Shepard would move to the wing and is Rudy Ying retired? if not he would move to the wing too. Kinkaid needs some defensive help though so maybe the Titans don't take Gretzky if they have a high pick and go with defense.

Shawn Brodeur seems like he won't fit in here but Moon is getting up there in age even if he isn't showing it so maybe the Titans take Brodeur and groom him for the future.

New York Americans:

C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE - RW Takashi Fujimoto 554 TPE

C Sergei Komarov 349 TPE

C Launchpad McQuack 225 TPE

D Casey Jones 355 TPE - D Colton Rayne 222 TPE

G Ike Arkander 348 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

Gretzky coming here would be interesting because that would give the Americans 3 good C's meaning someone will have to move to the wing. Gretzky being the most advanced of the 3 would mean he would stay at C right? well you never know because Komarov and McQuack have great futures so who knows who would move to the wing and form a great top line with Fujimoto.

Brodeur and Arkander are from the same draft class and Brodeur wouldn't fit in here.

Quebec City Meute:

LW Lee King Snatch 761 TPE - C Lukas Muller 726 TPE

C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE

D Fabio Jokinen 822 TPE - D Pablo 411 TPE

D Keaton Louth 327 TPE

G Apollo Skye 970 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur

This is one of the few teams where Gretzky wouldn't step in and be the 1st line C. Gretzky would most likely move to the wing and form a scary top line with Snatch and Muller. That is a scary proposition to the VHL as I think this line could very well rip the VHL a new one.

Brodeur would fit in nicely as Skye is entering his last season with the Meute and in the VHL as a whole. He is entering his 8th season and would step in nicely after this season as the starter.

Riga Reign:

LW John Locke 503 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE - RW Phil Shankly 750 TPE

LW Rusty Trombone 477 TPE - C Fred Krigars 509 TPE - RW Slava Aleski 394 TPE

D Niko Bogdanovic 453 TPE - D Alexander Thrower 303 TPE

G Markus King 802 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

This would be a nice fit for the Reign and Gretzky because they just lost Essian Ravenwing to retirement and Gretzky could step just in fill the void left by Ravenwing. This would leave Krigars in his 2nd line role which him and Locke tore the VHL a new one last season. It could be a championship winning formula.

Brodeur on the other hand won't fit in at all as King is the top goalie in the VHL.

Seattle Bears:

LW Gabriel McAllistar 574 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE

LW Xavier Laflamme 237 TPE - C Fook Yu 556 TPE

C Mattias Forsberg 429 TPE

C Peter Quill 380 TPE

D Aleksi Fedorov 603 TPE - D Matthieu Bourdon 255 TPE

D Grigory Kopralkov 187 TPE - D Robert Jelen 172 TPE

G mistake 571 TPE

G Vernon Von Axelberry 404 TPE

G Shawn Brodeur 324 TPE

G Key Perought 283 TPE

Well the Bears have a very big roster and that is a shame they had to miss the playoffs last season. Gretzky would jump in as the top C in terms of TPE and move Fook Yu to the 2nd line. Forsberg and Quill who are both great players might have to move to the wings and form a very strong top 6 forward group.

Shawn Brodeur would move into a very messy goaltending situation which has mistake as the starter and V2A as the back up. Brodeur though alsmost has as much TPE as them despite being 3 and 4 seasons younger than them. Brodeur also put up better numbers than these to goalie despite playing on a much weaker team.

Toronto Legion:

LW Luigi De Rossi 247 TPE - C Shawn Gretzky 607 TPE - RW Verner Reinholdt 457 TPE

C Bo Boeser 494 TPE - RW Sami Zayn 412 TPE

C Xander Finn 390 TPE - RW Daring Do 255 TPE

D Roman Sokolov 507 TPE - D Dexter Lane 308 TPE

D Aack Ky 270 TPE

G Torstein Ironside 610 TPE

The Legion are also a team hat his a very strong forward group. Gretzky coming here would make him number 1 TPE wise ahead of Boeser who can rip the VHL from the 2nd line. This means either Finn or Do would move up to the 2nd line or 1st as well because De Rossi doesn't have that much TPE despite being the top line LW.

Brodeur wouldn't fit in well here as Ironside is another up and coming goalie.

Overall Gretzky can fit in anywhere in the VHL and I have no preferences where I go with him. However, the only teams that may have Brodeur fit in are Quebec and Helsinki. Maybe the Dynamo could use him but it depends on what happens with Rhett DeGrath and Burger King. Very interesting options fr my players in the new look VHL. I didn't expect to be traded from the Dynamo at all in my career. Then I didn't think I would be leaving the Express. I didn't think I'd leave Calgary either but here we are talking about where both my players will end up. If I had to choose a destination I wouldn't mind going to the Riga Reign or the Toronto Legion for Shawn Gretzky as these two teams are set up for success right away for Gretzky. Although I think, I would make any team a contender as we saw with my 113 point performance with the Wranglers this past season. With Brodeur I hope to go to Quebec most of all as they give me the best chance at starting but I am not opposed to the Titans or Davos if they figure out their goalie situation.

6 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

It could be a interesting fit because of their D corps that consists of Boner and Johnsson who I wouldn't mind playing with

<3

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Interesting situation [1/2]