Kendrick's "I've been here for too long to give a shit" Suggestions

Kendrick

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

and i certainly do not think it should be up to boubabi to edit people's writings. As he said they're all adults and can, frankly, do it themselves. Don't they already get an extra tpe compared to the rest of us?

I don't think it should be up to boubabi either, which is why the idea of bringing someone on board to do just that was even brought up. I don't think anyone's arguing that boubabi should be stuck with grammar editing, he's not the first choice for something like that. He's much better suited for the graphical side of it, where he does exceptionally.

5 minutes ago, Tyler said:

and i certainly do not think it should be up to boubabi to edit people's writings. As he said they're all adults and can, frankly, do it themselves. Don't they already get an extra tpe compared to the rest of us?

Its been that positions job since day 1 of the mag but I think an editor would make sense.  Jericho used to do it for STZ at one point and I think for Ree too and it worked well.

I dont think there is a huge issue with Bana or my content though.

Edited by ADV

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

What harm would it bring to the product to bring someone in? In what way would it negatively affect you? Do you have any real reason not to do it other than that you don't see the need?

Like mentioned earlier, it would only add a unnecessary step in the process and considering the time I receive the articles and my own schedule, that step is unnecessary and would slow me down more then it brings  

Just now, boubabi said:

Not it's not, you blamed me for the grammar mistakes (that you've shown no exemples so far) by saying they should replace myself with another dude just because of that. Aim straight dude

I never said replace you actually, you just took it as that. I said hire an editor for that sort of things, you have told me you are not the editor in this thread. What is it, are you or are you not?

Just now, boubabi said:

I've worked and showed improvements over time by trying new things. You don't. So who's lazy ? 

You think I haven't improved, but who said you are the be-all-end-all of graphics? I've tried different things. You calling things lazy is just trying to "puff your chest" about graphical work which is a huge reason why a lot of people have chosen other sim leagues over this one.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I never said replace you actually, you just took it as that. I said hire an editor for that sort of things, you have told me you are not the editor in this thread. What is it, are you or are you not?

aye, that's a card I rarely see from you (sarcasm)

I could showcase your sigs here and explain to you how there's little to no mprovement in your work, but I won't because I get it, not everyone is interested in becoming better at that. Just don't get with that ''lazy editor'' shit with me. Because if there's someone here that is the opposite of lazy, that's me 

6 minutes ago, ADV said:

Its been that positions job since day 1 of the mag but I think an editor would make sense.  Jericho used to do it for STZ at one point and I think for Ree too and it worked well.

Yeah, in a time where the mag would have 8 writers a week and people actually read the mag

that's just not the same level anymore. And people would know, in all my edition of the mag (VHLM and VHL), I never did the correction and that's a fact. I never saw that complain in my 200+ editions though. AM i surprised it comes from kendrick ? No

7 minutes ago, ADV said:

Seems really weird but I didn't know that. Feels like if writers are getting extra TPe they should do it themselves.

Just now, boubabi said:

aye, that's a card I rarely see from you (sarcasm)

I could showcase your sigs here and explain to you how there's little to no mprovement in your work, but I won't because I get it, not everyone is interested in becoming better at that. Just don't get with that ''lazy editor'' shit with me.

That wasn't sarcasm. I was just trying to figure out what your stance on that was. Are you the editor or the publisher. That is all. If you don't want to answer the is fine, but it was just a question.

I also never said the editor was lazy, as from what I understand there is no editor anymore but just a publisher.

You could showcase my sigs if you want, but it wouldn't really men anything but: Welcome to the VHL, if Boubabi doesn't think your sigs are any good you might as well go to another sim league. Which, good luck with your recruitment if thats the thinking behind it.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

My job description is the same for the 200+ editions of the mag that I produced. So is that enough from you ? 

And what is that? It says editor in the VHL Mag area from what I can see

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You could showcase my sigs if you want, but it wouldn't really men anything but: Welcome to the VHL, if Boubabi doesn't think your sigs are any good you might as well go to another sim league. Which, good luck with your recruitment if thats the thinking behind it.

Yeah, your sigs are garbage and they are only meant for the auto 6 filler. If the auto 6 rule wasn't there, you would produce 0 sigs

I don't blame you for that, you are efficient at getting tpes, you just show to dedication to the gfx aspect of it, which i don't blame you

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Yeah, your sigs are garbage and they are only meant as the auto 6 filler. If the auto 6 rule wasn't there, you would produce 0 sigs

I don't blame you for that, you are efficient at getting tpes, you just show to dedication to the gfx aspect of it, which i don't blame you

Backward mentality for recruiting. I do what I can with the minimal graphic expertise I have and try things. That's actually the point of that section

Edited by Kendrick

oh yeah, blame your minimal graphic expertise

next thing on the list, blame your eyes, and maybe the mouse next time

You just have no interest in becoming good at gfx, because you don't want that. Again, I don't blame you, just don't hide behind the fact that you aren't lazy about it

I could give you full pages of comment and tips on your sigs, you won't apply them because you have no interest in putting more efforts into it, and that's a fact.

I have no idea why we are at that point, it's useless. 

To make it short, the definition of editor for me is not what you may think it is. If you have issues with the grammar aspect of the site, you are free to PM the writers about it, or just do as you do, and don't read the mag

anyway, I'm rigging the loto mag against you, right ;) 

16 minutes ago, ADV said:

He did it for Ree, and he was suppose to continue for me but then just switched to writer when I came over..

It’s not a horrible idea.. just give him forum mod access and he can edit the writing in their post..

8 minutes ago, STZ said:

He did it for Ree, and he was suppose to continue for me but then just switched to writer when I came over..

It’s not a horrible idea.. just give him forum mod access and he can edit the writing in their post..

It's not a horrible idea. It's a wise idea. It hurts nothing (not even Boubabi's timing like he says - it could just come out whenever things are done, provided that's within a day or so of when it typically comes out). There isn't a single person who can say the mag is better with grammar errors than without it - either it's better without, or they don't care. It doesn't matter what we say though, Boubabi is prepared to take his ball and go home.

you are aware that I often receives the articles Monday night and I edit them as quickly as possible to have a constant schedule ? If you want to do them on your freetime, sure, but do not expect me to wait until your reviews to edit the mag

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

you are aware that I often receives the articles Monday night and I edit them as quickly as possible to have a constant schedule ? If you want to do them on your freetime, sure, but do not expect me to wait until your reviews to edit the mag

I know the mag has a schedule, I was on it about 2/3 of the time I was in the league. I'm just saying the deadlines could remain the same for the writers, and the publishing date could move back a day (it would give you more time as well as me or any other hypothetical grammar editor) and it would harm nothing (other than your pride). It's fine though, you've made it perfectly clear everything must be exactly as you want or you'll torpedo the mag.

I can tell you this though: if there isn't TPE involved, I'm not doing jack shit in my free time.

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I can tell you this though: if there isn't TPE involved, I'm not doing jack shit in my free time.

that's what I thought as well. 

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

you've made it perfectly clear everything must be exactly as you want 

of course it is. I took the job because the league wanted the mag back, and I'm the most competent person to run it. I won' t create a job that will slow me down just for baby kendrick to be happy. I have years of unclaimed sigs that I could just roll on and get tpes from them (at the same time, not contributing to the site), the VHL Mag is purely there because of me. 

• Senior Admin

Seems like a pretty silly argument here overall. I think if there is grammer issues they should be improved but i also think its OK to recognize English is boubabi's second language and ask the writers themselves to be more careful, regardless of what past editors did. They do get an extra point over regular point-tasks after all which is supposed to represent a higher quality and having to meet the weekly deadline. 

And if writers aren't able/willing to proofread their own articles, give one of the writers with good grammer an extra TPE per week or something for editing the others. 

Other than the fighting, good suggestions here.