Seasonal PTs (STZ Sug 4)

STZ

I think we lack interest through the season. I think that is the biggest issue with this league, not so much recruitment. Members are lost during the season, not before the draft.

We should eliminate RP and Bio and just have a single Seasonal PT for uncapped TPE in addition to a few smaller PTs for uncapped as well.

We should be having a bunch to promote the league. Frame the PTs near the draft to feature the draftees, the PTs near the deadline to feature Deadline moves and the playoff race, PTs in the playoffs to feature playoff matchups.

Get people invested, and spark their creative juices. Everyone is in a routine, they earn their TPE and leave. We should do more to get people engaged.

side note: this Suggestion Drive is a perfect example of how a little uncapped TPE will get people motivated to be creative.

20 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I don't think we need to eliminate RP and Bios, just add these Seasonal PT's too and we're good tbh. I also mentioned about the Team PT in my suggestion thread, this also might be fine, especially in minors.

No no one reads Bios and RPs and they are not fun to write.. it was fun my first player, after that is was boring and just a chore.

Just now, STZ said:

No no one reads Bios and RPs and they are not fun to write.. it was fun my first player, after that is was boring and just a chore.

I know, I'm also having a hard time with typing bio for Krīgars now. I just meant they still could be useful for hardcore TPE whores, no matter how boring they are.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

I know, I'm also having a hard time with typing bio for Krīgars now. I just meant they still could be useful for hardcore TPE whores, no matter how boring they are.

Useful to earn TPE... not useful

to the league. Why not spend that time doing something fun instead of writing an essay no one will read?

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Useful to earn TPE... not useful

to the league. Why not spend that time doing something fun instead of writing an essay no one will read?

Are we doing bios and RP just for seeing comments on it or just for TPE? If it's not only about TPE, then yeah, delete it.

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Well, if we implemented the Seasonal PTs, it they would be worth far more than the 18 you get from Bio/RP. It's definitely a drag to put those out and not be repetitive.

6 minutes ago, Quik said:

Well, if we implemented the Seasonal PTs, it they would be worth far more than the 18 you get from Bio/RP. It's definitely a drag to put those out and not be repetitive.

Exactly..

Another problem with these bio and RP is they're once per career thing. Once again, I'll look at another league (this time EFL) cause their career PT system is more unique and has more than just only bio and RP. Dunno if it helps for activity though, they're also just for TPE and not having replies and even reviews.

But yeah, they're not interesting lately.

3 minutes ago, KGR said:

No it's not. I can write them all day.

Ok fine, it's a drag for some :P

But yeah, even if the Seasonal PT is worth 4 TPE (I would think it should be an extra PT worth full points), you're looking at minimum an extra 32 TPE for a full career. Add in a couple extra mini PTs (did you have an idea of what these would be @STZ) worth 2-3 TPE per season, and you're probably looking at close to an extra 80 TPE for a full career, much more valuable than RP/Bio.

I do think that this would tie in well with my suggestions regarding TPE opportunities and update scale, but that's a different conversation so I'll leave it at that.