Let's Play "Make Believe"

Banackock

Edition 341.. coming soon.

Let's Play "Make Believe"

We live in a world where fairytales are a part of our childhood and sometimes, our everyday reality. We grew up watching princesses in castles, fire breathing dragons and your favourite characters go off on an adventure full of terror, fun and generally - victory. We lived in a  world where when running around as little kids, we dressed up in adult clothes and pretended to play house. On festive eves, we rolled around the streets dressed as cowboys, ghosts and headless boogeyman scurrying across the streets filling pumpkin heads full of candy. The concept of "make believe" in todays reality is the furthest thing from make believe and is in fact a part of our everyday lives - whether we see it or not. Often, still to this day, we catch our selves imaging our futures, presents or pasts and could be caught in the act of playing imagery make believe. So there I found myself sitting in front of my 60" TV, drinking a cold cider I just brought from the liquor store a few blocks down. About to turn on the Xbox One, I had the greatest of all thoughts. Let us indulge in the greatest of all things and bring "make believe" to the VHL. 

1. Seattle Bears - Treasure Searchers

The Seattle Bears have turned their focus away from the Victory Hockey League due to the lack of performances from players, management and basically the entire system. After being fucked out of another season, the boys demanded to management that they take their dollars and go elsewhere. Management, scared shitless, asked what they meant and were baffled by the demands. Shortly following the discussion they put their money, forces and heads together to chase after supposed hidden treasure at the edge of the earth (any flat conspiracy theorists in this amazing league?)

Now, we're trying something different with these articles, so be blessed but be passionate as I learn, evolve and explore the idea of writing the topic "Make Believe". If you hadn't noticed, and I'm sure Kendrick may have picked it apart, we're going a little metaphorical and symbolic in the above plot. The Bears were in search of treasure, but it wasn't in fact jewels, gold and diamonds of sorts. The Bears had been on a long haul rebuild for what likely seems forever for management and were about to turn a corner and make a push for the glory land. With a couple signings and trades splashed in the transaction section of the four, shit looked to be stirring hotter than a witches cauldron cooking up some seagull cock soup. Well, after a hot start to the year, shit fell apart and the Bears fell in a  slump. For the remainder of the season, expect mediocrity and the usual ending to any fairytale that involves the Seattle Bears (or the readers girlfriend) - disappointment. They missed playoffs and once again would have to turn around with the idea of treasure cluttered in their minds - not the actual things in their very own hands.

2. Riga Reign - A King's tale

The Riga Reign have found their way to the top of the throne, though it hasn't always been this way. Once classified as peasants and shit on the bottom of even the lowest of people's shoes, they fought - worked and did some black deeds in order to claw their way to the throne and lay claim to the crown. During their claim and reign, much success came to their people and those who followed. Their people prospered and they grew in popularity to those who looked on. Led by a strong, handsome and annoying as fuck Knight, Sir Kendrick, they look to continue their reign despite aging and sickness falling on the crown. Will King Hedgehog be able to continue kicking ass or will shit fly South and a new king be crowned?

Honestly, I'm not entirely shocked - though I am a little bit. The Riga Reign are easily one of the better teams in the VHL, but I didn't expect them to be so dominant. Yes, they have some nice pieces and their goaltending is absolutely exceptional - but let's get fucking real here for a moment and splash some truth into those blurred out eyes of yours. They have huge seasons from quite a few of their players who in the light of day or in the darkest of all cupboards could be considered shit. Krigars and Thrower have to be two of the luckiest mother fuckers to ever lace up the skates because one blows and the other is average at best when it comes to ratings. The best player in our eyes in Shankly and King - one of which did great and the other had an average season. Outside of him, you once again had some pretty huge seasons from players who wouldn't normally get shit done. In my eyes, very lucky performance by the Riga Reign this season. They found a way to do it and just kept rolling. 

Edited by Banackock