Claimed: My VHL Career So Far [1/2]

When I was a young boy back in 2007 when the VHL first started, I thought why not join it seemed like a lot of fun. Of course being only 12 I barely knew what I was doing. That is why the VHL holds a special place in my heart because it was my very first league and I grew up with the VHL despite my lack of activity until recently. I missed the hey dey of the VHL sometime between Season 20 to maybe 36? when VHL activity was at it's highest. Maybe it wasn't but I think that is how I remember it anyway. I have gone and come back multiple times before Shawn Muller so here is a look back on my players in the VHL.

:ams::oldtor:Shawn Howard - S1-S6 - 173 TPE:oldsea::oldhel:

Career Stats
Reg-Season - 433 GP | 56 G | 239 A | 295 P
Playoffs - 36 GP | 3 G | 11 A | 14 P

I signed up and was placed into the inaugural draft where I was selected by the Calgary Wranglers in the 5th round I think it was. I was shortly released after the draft to which I came back and was offered like 500K by GM Brett Slobodzian. However as they released my rights some other teams came in offering around 1 mil or 750K then GM JJ Krever came in with a 2 year deal worth 2.5 mil each. So of course I went with the money lol. Amstel made the playoffs that first season but we lost to the rigged Vasteras team that had Scotty. After this I was traded to the Seattle Everblades GM'd by Kendrick at the time. Then he left to Calgary in a trade after he stepped down. So I was part of the team that shifted from the Everblades to the Bears but was traded out of town before the team was good and won those cups. I was traded to the Toronto Legion where i spent just 1 seasons before I moved onto the Helsinki Titans. In my two season with the Titans I won the cup and retired on top. With only 173 TPE and a defenseman 295 points wasn't too bad at all and my first player proved to be my best for a long time.

2 Season with Amstel Tigers /Avangard Hovoc / HC Davos Dynamo

1 Season with Seattle Bears

1 Season with Toronto Legion

2 Season with Helsinki Titans

:oldsea:Alexander Howard - S8-S9 - 76 TPE:oldsea:

No Career Stats

After retiring Shawn, I created Alexander after my nephew and well I didn't do anything with him unfortunately because I retired not to long after wasting all my carryover TPE. I was drafted by the Seattle Bears but never got out of the VHLM.

:oldrig:Peter Pajaarvi-Svensson - S12-S14 - 101 TPE:oldvas:

No Career Stats

PPS was named after Peter Forsberg and Magnus Pajaarvi-Svensson and he was a center. Unfortunately I wasn't to interested back then because of real life and all the growing up I was doing. He was drafted by the Riga Reign and I am pretty sure Vasteras traded for his rights then I retired. RIP.

:oldrig:Percy Jackson - S16-S19 - 231 TPE :oldrig:

Reg-Season - 288 GP | 65 G | 142 A | 207 P
Playoffs - 19 GP | 2 G | 8 A | 10 P

Riga drafted another one of my players hoping he would turn out for once and well he somewhat delivered. He was a solid number 3 defenseman for the Reign for his 4 short seasons and put up 207 points in 288 games which is respectable. I retired after a bit because I went inactive then I wasn't seen or heard of again for about 10 seasons which was maybe over a 1 year and 6 months during sim time because of you know real life.

4 Seasons with Riga Reign

:que:Steven Stamkos - S31-S35 - 358 TPE :dav::sea:

Reg-Season - 360 GP | 112 G | 173 A | 285 P
Playoffs - 17 G | 1 G | 5 A | 6 P

When I came back in Season 29/30, I was honestly so surprised to see the VHL still kicking. I came back under the alias StevenStamkos91 because I was hoping no one would know who I was a just have a fresh start. It took me almost 25 seasons to top my 1st player and Stamkos almost did it with my career in high in TPE at the time with Stamkos with 358. He played 5 seasons and was the 2nd pick ever by the Quebec City Meute so that was cool. He played parts of 5 seasons with the Meute, Dynamo and Bears. He had scored 285 points in 360 games and was mostly just a depth player in his career after having so much promise.

2 Seasons with Quebec

1 Season with HC Davos Dynamo

2 Seasons with Seattle Bears

:col:Dimothenis Vlasis -S38-S43 - 327 TPE :nya:

Reg-Season - 432 GP | 69 G | 212 A | 281 P
Playoffs - 16 GP | 2 G | 8 A | 10 P

I googled cool Greek names and Dimothenis was one that stood out to me because it just sounds cool. Vlasis was also there because IDK I liked it too. Vlasis was my highest drafted player at 4th overall by the Cologne Express in Season 38. If you noticed at trend it is that most of my players have some promise, none more than Vlasis but I disappeared. It wasn't different with Vlasis. He played 3 seasons in Cologne before being traded to the Americans where he won a cup in Season 42. It was my first cup since Season 6 but I wasn't around to enjoy it. Vlasis had a decent career as a 3/4 defenseman with 281 points in 432 games. 

3 Seasons with Cologne Express

3 Seasons with New York Americans

:sea::dav:Shawn Muller - S45-S53 - 893 TPE :rig::sto:

Reg-Season - 504 GP | 285 G | 332 A | 617 P
Playoffs - 81 GP | 35 G | 50 A | 85 P

Tied for 28th All Time Games Played (Reg Season)
Tied for 53rd All Time Goals (Reg Season with Bismarck Koenig)
Tied for 107th All Time Assists (Reg Season)
Tied for 80th All Time Points (Reg Season with Mason Richardson & Jochen Walser)
Tied for 10th All Time Games Played (Playoffs with Naomi Young)
Tied for 10th All Time Goals (Playoffs with Devon De La Soul)
Tied for 13th All Time Assists (Playoffs with Robin Gow)
8th All Time Points (Playoffs)

My pride and joy. After disappearing with Vlasis and every player before that I made it a point I would not disappear with Muller after he was drafted by the Seattle Bears with the 4th overall selection. While looking at all his stats they may not look like much especially the regular season stats with 617 points. He averaged 88 points per season in his career so if we add 88 one more time he would finished with 705 points and that would put him in HoF contention. However, I think still with just 617 points and just 1 cup. Muller was a great 1st line player for most of his career. He made the most of his playoff appearances with 81 games played and 85 points. His 85 points in 8th all time in playoff points which I think it awesome and I am proud of that. Only Scotty Campbell, Alexander Chersenko, Thomas O'Malley, Tom Lincoln, Volodymyr Rybak, Elijah Incognito, Robin Gow and Ethan Osbourne have more points than me in the playoffs in the entire history of the VHL. I don't think 1 cup and 8th place on the playoff points list is enough for a HoF induction but I mean only if he played 1 more season rather than the VHLM he could be better too.

3 1/2 Seasons with Seattle Bears

1/2 Season with HC Davos Dynamo

2 Seasons with Riga Reign

1 Season with Stockholm Vikings

:dav:Shawn Gretzky - S54-Present - 580 TPE :cal:

more to come, will come back when he retires

3 Seasons with HC Davos Dynamo

1 Season with Calgary Wranglers

:col:Shawn Brodeur - S57-Present - 290 TPE:col:

more to come, will come back when he retires

1 Season with Cologne Express

There is my career in retrospect, it is not the most dazzling at all and not even littered with a ton of success but I have had fun and I was glad to win my first active Cup in Season 51 with the Reign as it was a long wait from Season 6. That is the only reason I left Seattle. I tend to stay with the team that drafted me as long as they want me except Muller was the exception because My best player ever needed a Cup so I made the hard choice to leave Seattle and think about myself for once. 

1500 Words

Claiming for

November 6th

November 13th

November 20th

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• 4 weeks later...

REVIEW:

So much scrubs in this list with Muller being the worst of them. Like the Game 7 game losing penalty against Toronto, that was horrible. 

It's fun to see a member producing his best effort to date after 40 something season since his first player, I think nobody was able to pull that in any sim league...well because VHL is the oldest working league. Will see if Gretzky > Muller after his career ends. And good luck in make Davos great again. 

@TheLastOlympian07

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: My VHL Career So Far [1/2]