Ice Dogs in Korea, part 2

Gudnason

This is a continuation of a series which sees the Ottawa Ice Dogs spend some time in Korea; for part 1 click here.

We earlier mentioned that the Ottawa Ice Dogs' rookie defenseman, Birkir Holm Gudnason II, has spent considerable time in Korea during his youth, and today we learn that he will be the unofficial tour guide for his Ice Dogs' teammates on their off-days. While the Canadian delegation will have some functions to attend to, they'll also have their private time to explore the country in addition to the tourism activities that they will go to together lead by VisitKorea.

We were able to meet with Gudnason II briefly in the lobby of the team hotel today after the Ice Dogs returned to practice. When asked where he planned on taking his teammates, he said: "I've been in Korea multiple times before this, and I can speak the language conversationally. The longest time I was here was when I lived here consecutively for four months, and I've explored a lot of the country. I've been to random outskirts that even my friends that grew up here have not yet been to, or have not heard of. I feel confident that depending on what my teammates' interests are, I will be able to take them to where they want to go and what they want to do. I'll be talking with them later tonight to get a grasp of what they are interested in before deciding on a plan."

Check back next week to catch the adventures of the Ice Dogs in Korea.