Colton Rayne Post Draft Interview

Spade18

Image result for nhl draft interview

Reporter: And joining us now in the booth is the most recent VHL Draft Pick, taken 8th Overall by the New York Americans, Defenseman by way of New Jersey, North Dakota, and Las Vegas, Colton Rayne, welcome to the show Colton, congratulations on being picked in the first round!

Colton: Thank you! This is unreal. It's a pleasure to be here.

R: It's been quite a journey for you Mr. Rayne. You were taken in the 4th round by Las Vegas in the VHLM draft.  Did you forsee an future where you would be taken in the first round?

C: Honestly I didn't, when I first was taken in the VHLM Draft I thought getting taken in the 3rd round of the VHL draft would be a great accomplishment, especially in such a deep draft.  Even when GMs started reaching out to me, I didn't assume I would go any higher than the 2nd round.  Being able to identify myself as a first round pick is a huge accomplishment, and I am honored and thank The New York Americans and GM @STZ profusely. 

R: The Americans have had a great first round so far.  Casey Jones @der meister, Your defensive partner down in Las Vegas was also taken by the Americans earlier tonight at 2nd overall.  Are you going to be looking to rekindle the chemistry that help you two win a championship in Vegas when you're with the Americans?

C: Well this year at least I think I'll be going back to Vegas, while he'll obviously be staying up with the Americans.  I'll be happy where ever the team decides to play me, but yea, I think my play style compliments his play style very well.  He has a great eye for the net and puts up loads of points where as I play more of a shut down game.  I'm sure we'll get some ice time together at some point in the future.

R: Congratulations again Colton,  We're looking forward to seeing you up with the big club in the future.

C: You know it. 

2 hours ago, Gudnason said:

Enjoy setting up this year's rookie of the year in the mean time :P 

He's not on Quebec tho!?

Edited by Beaviss