GoT

Banackock

The girlfriend and I just finished this about 2-3 days ago. Fuck. It sucks being done. 2-3 months ago we had 7 seasons to go... no we're all caught up and waiting for S8 :))  

AMAZING SHOW. I love TWD and GoT is 198348x better than it. If you haven't watched it, give it a chance. I turned it off in the first 5 minutes of epidote 1. Wasn't feeling it! then a year later I started it with my girlfriend (VERY late to the party (7 seasons worth) and am almost depressed I'm done it ahah

SO GOOD

27 minutes ago, Banackock said:

The girlfriend and I just finished this about 2-3 days ago. Fuck. It sucks being done. 2-3 months ago we had 7 seasons to go... no we're all caught up and waiting for S8 :))  

AMAZING SHOW. I love TWD and GoT is 198348x better than it. If you haven't watched it, give it a chance. I turned it off in the first 5 minutes of epidote 1. Wasn't feeling it! then a year later I started it with my girlfriend (VERY late to the party (7 seasons worth) and am almost depressed I'm done it ahah

SO GOOD

Yeah, bingeing hard has its ups and downs. It's awesome to be able to just watch the next episode without waiting a week, but at the same time you plow through it fast. Also, you don't get all the in-depth discussion between episodes and theories with the rest of the fanbase. :P A lot of fun week to week with GoT comes with reading up and discussing theories, etc etc etc.

But man, the final season is going to be fire.

2 hours ago, Kesler said:

Low key the reason why I went inactive was to binge watch GoT, sucks season 8 doesn't come out 'til 2019.

Where did you hear that? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but I hope it isn't!

I'll be honest, I didnt get into it until season 6 was over and managed to finish my binge just as season seven started  And the reason it took me so long to get into it was because I am a bitter super nerd.  All the people who made fun of me in high school for liking the lord of the rings were now watching Game of thrones and ITS THE SAME SHT GOD DAMN IT....

wooo. ok. we're good.

But yea, once I finally got into it, I realized what i'd been missing and fell in love.  

I'm now watching the whole series through a second time and listening to the audio books

6 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Where did you hear that? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but I hope it isn't!

Been pretty widely reported. Some of the cast has shown up for filming now, and reports are the entire crew is taking a break mid filming to celebrate the wedding of Harrington and his wife (who played his ex in the show all those seasons ago). Reports have them stating they will likely finish up post production by Summer of 2018. Also, for the record there is a reason Thrones was also either Spring or Summer as they are more dead zones for both TV, but especially modern sports. No chance they put it out just before the end of the year next year, far more likely they make big event out of it, especially since the episodes will be even longer in length than last season. it's basically 6 made for TV Movies coming next season. 

That said, spring maybe March at the earliest, but I could see April or May 2019. 

Also I'm going to say this, I loved Thrones season 7, I loved the gradual build into high fantasy stuff. But even I'll admit, the last season is not something to get so hyped for. It just isn't. I'm sorry people but it will let you down, all of us. It will. It just will. Like what, 10% of all shows aired end on notes that the fans/main audiences enjoy. It's just law of averages. Thrones packed so much build into those first few seasons, and then just in general that even if what Martin had planned for an ending is a godsend, the questions are always more interesting than the answers. There is going to be some dumb bullshit that happens in order for them to wrap up loose threads, and it's going to piss everyone off. That is just series finales in a nutshell. Based on where everything is right now, I just don't see any way that this last season isn't a let down to some just because it's going to have to end some narrative threads, and it'll do so in ways not everyone is going to like. 

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, Devise said:

Also I'm going to say this, I loved Thrones season 7, I loved the gradual build into high fantasy stuff. But even I'll admit, the last season is not something to get so hyped for. It just isn't. I'm sorry people but it will let you down, all of us. It will. It just will. Like what, 10% of all shows aired end on notes that the fans/main audiences enjoy. It's just law of averages. Thrones packed so much build into those first few seasons, and then just in general that even if what Martin had planned for an ending is a godsend, the questions are always more interesting than the answers. There is going to be some dumb bullshit that happens in order for them to wrap up loose threads, and it's going to piss everyone off. That is just series finales in a nutshell. Based on where everything is right now, I just don't see any way that this last season isn't a let down to some just because it's going to have to end some narrative threads, and it'll do so in ways not everyone is going to like. 

In one way or another it’ll end up being Dragon Ex Machina. Either Daenerys takes King’s Landing with her’s or the White Walkers murder them all with theirs. One way or another I think the ending is likely to end up too rushed to be heavily climactic. Mind you all 7 episodes are slated to be near feature length so that works out to somewhere around 10.5 hours which is nearly the Length of the original LOTR trilogy. I guess that does offer time for a lot to happen but still. Like you said the build up will always be better than the payoff unfortunately. Especially in a show like this. One side or the other HAS to win, that’s just what needs to happen. So that means either everyone gets wiped out by the Walkers, Daenerys kicks major ass, or Cercei fucks them all over and stays in power. As far as I’m concerned there are no other options, at least as things stand right now.

What I will say, it’s gonna be a damn long wait. I too binged the entire 7 seasons during the run of just season 7 so I’m not used to having to wait for more GoT. This is going to be a torturous wait.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

In one way or another it’ll end up being Dragon Ex Machina. Either Daenerys takes King’s Landing with her’s or the White Walkers murder them all with theirs. One way or another I think the ending is likely to end up too rushed to be heavily climactic. Mind you all 7 episodes are slated to be near feature length so that works out to somewhere around 10.5 hours which is nearly the Length of the original LOTR trilogy. I guess that does offer time for a lot to happen but still. Like you said the build up will always be better than the payoff unfortunately. Especially in a show like this. One side or the other HAS to win, that’s just what needs to happen. So that means either everyone gets wiped out by the Walkers, Daenerys kicks major ass, or Cercei fucks them all over and stays in power. As far as I’m concerned there are no other options, at least as things stand right now.

What I will say, it’s gonna be a damn long wait. I too binged the entire 7 seasons during the run of just season 7 so I’m not used to having to wait for more GoT. This is going to be a torturous wait.

ive said it once and i'll say it a thousand times the dragons + shitty writers (bad pussy) ruined what could have been a perfect show

3 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

And it's a shame because I doubt the book series ever gets finished too, at least by GRRM.

Nah he'll finish it. Besides regardless of the specifics the ending of the show will be the ending of the book. GRRM has confirmed that, he told them how it's ending but how they get there and with exactly whom is obviously different.

For the regard Bek, only 6 for final Season, 7 was last season. In terms of episode counts. 

Also count me in the camp of the inevitable deus ex machinae stuff, although I still say that it one hundred percent has to do with Bran. He is the character to watch imo, as he's been trikling down information about what he really knows and the mystery is still out about what he is really capable of. If anyone could somehow do some magic bullshit that resets or changes things on a global scale, it's him. 

4 hours ago, Tyler said:

ve said it once and i'll say it a thousand times the dragons + shitty writers (bad pussy) ruined what could have been a perfect show

See this where you and I, and I know we disagree to a degree, but I don't really the argument from people who claim the writing was shitty in Season 7. Like I understand certain characters, and getting mad at rushed scenes. But a lot of people are so mad that none of the characters reacted the way they should. Which to me is so false, so wrong, and so absolutely clueless that I just don't see it. 

Like Cersei agreeing to "sort of help" aka have a cease fire. Or just in general. People talk all these smart characters in this show, well what happens when you show those smart characters overpowered magical destruction like dragons and ice zombies? Their logic takes over, and they realize they can't defeat it with cunning. Like I think it would of been an insult and absolutely unrealistic if none of the characters took any of the magic seriously of if the magic wasn't taken seriously. All of the characters proclaimed to exist in this world and have recollection even if it's just in story format, of the days when magic ruled previously. So while seeing it again was a shocker, and certainly changed perspectives, they would believe it. They weren't just told stories of the Mad King they knew it, they knew he conquered with dragons. And the stories just continue from there. I just don't see how there was any other way but to have the consequences of the return of magic, play it's part on the rest of Westeros. I will totally sympathize if people still dislike the fact that how that manifested in the season, was essentially big budget blockbuster movie version of Game of Thrones. But character work was still done, good scenes were still recorded, and if your into the epic shit, all that stuff was great from a power fantasy perspective.