alternate locations

Tyler

So there's been debate about moving Stockholm to Vasteras and while it probably will not happen there has been another side debate about alternative relocation. One of the benefits of a fantasy league such as ours is that we can move teams without any "real" thought behind it. All we really need is a logo and colour scheme and we're set. Here are some interesting relocation options for the VHL and which teams I think are most likely to move.

Moscow, Russia

St Petersburgh, Russia

Beijing, China

Paris, France

London, England

Kiev, Ukraine

Astana, Kazakhstan

Chicago, Illinois

Philadelphia, Pensylvania

Houston, Texas

Providence, Rhode Island

Victoria, British Columbia

I tried to stay away from cities with an NHL team or with a significant European team but obviously that is hard to do. I think of the options Moscow, Beijing and Houston would be my choices. Beijing is obviously an international city and all we'd have to do is change it from the european conference to the "world" conference and it wouldn't be much of a bother. I think a Borat team would be cool as hell too honestly but it's tough to say if people would go for that. I think of the VHL teams Cologne or Calgary would be my choices to move. I really dislike having teams in NHL cities and I think Cologne is a dumb choice for a team even if I do enjoy the logo and colour scheme. It's unlikely a team will move anytime soon but if so I think these are solid options and I hope they come under consideration!

2 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

If you want to avoid a city like Moscow thats still huge, theres Omsk, or Vladivistok. Bigger than some of the VHL teams we have lol population wise

Stalingrad Seiges 

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-W0506-316,_Russlan

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

who wants to go in Iowa rly

I think it's in the top 3 worst states Of course after Utah and Oklahoma

I was actually just in Des Moines and went into it thinking the same thing. Was pleasantly surprised.

From talking with my colleagues, you're thinking of northern and southern Iowa and less central.