S56 Hall of Fame Induction

Advantage

Good evening everyone and welcome to our Season 56 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.  Today, I have the pleasure of hosting an event that will induct three legends into our great Victory Hockey League Hall of Fame.  Two of these individuals are former players that took the league by storm and shined among other stars for their entire career.  The other is a long-time member and contributor to our great league, who is finally getting their place in the Builder's wing of the Hall of Fame.  Without further ado, let me introduce you to our first inductee:

C - Unassisted (S48-S55)

TPE: 1249

RS: 576 GP, 402 G, 484 A, 886 P, +530, 448 PIM, 958 HIT, 276 SB, 84 GW, 64.18 FO%
PO: 75 GP, 34 G, 55 A, 89 P, +12, 52 PIM, 142 HIT, 44 SB, 6 GW

S49 Dustin Funk Trophy (Most Improved)
S50 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)
S50 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)
S52 Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)
S52 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)
S52 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)
Two Continental Cups (S52, S53)

Yes, STZ has another Hall of Fame player after his fabulous efforts with the legendary Unassisted.  This player not only had a Hall of Fame career, but perhaps one of the best of all-time, at least statistically.  At the end of the day, he recorded almost 900 points and the third most points of any player in the last fifty season!  He only finished behind Thomas O'Malley and Phil Rafter in that case.  Unassisted had quite a bit of team success, winning two Continental Cups, and being on competitive teams for pretty much his entire career.  Additionally, individually he was very consistent with Season 50 and 52 being highlight years that stand out from the rest.  Congratulations to @STZ and his player, Unassisted, on the very worthy Hall of Fame induction.

Now onto our second inductee...

D - Black Velvet (S48-S55)

TPE: 1190

RS: 576 GP, 196 G, 505 A, 701 P, +477, 752 PIM, 1342 HIT, 674 SB, 45 GW

PO: 94 GP, 22 G, 65 A, 87 P, +12, 202 PIM, 251 HIT, 131 SB, 9 GW

S50 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S51 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S51 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defender)

S52 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defender)

Five Continental Cups (S48, S49, S50, S54, S55)

Black Velvet is one of the rare players that got to experience a ton of individual success but also accomplished a lot on their teams.  Black Velvet was originally apart of the trio of Legion Continental Cup wins before he moved onto Calgary and eventually Helsinki.  Over that span, Velvet recorded two Labatte trophies, one Kanou, one Beketov trophy and five Continental Cups as league champions.  Velvet's stats are very comparable to some of the better names out there and might even slightly outproduce a guy like Daniel Braxton while keeping up his team success.  Congratulations to @Higgins on the induction.

And finally for our builder induction...

Builder - Frank Chadwick

Frank Chadwick has been in this league for almost forty seasons now and has been a dedicated member for his entire time here.  Originally a member of the Helsinki Titans, he would first make his mark with Adam Schultz.  When all is said and done, Frank does have Hall of Fame players in Aksel Thomassen and the aforementioned Schultz.  However, that is not what I think of when I think of Frank Chadwick.  I think of a member who is a long-time VHL GM, that dabbled in the VHLM, is now a VHLM Commish and has been a great presence on the board while completing other tasks regardless of whether he is getting paid for them or not.  Frank has been a leader in the Board of Governors and is genuinely someone, that while he likes to mess with you, is a great individual at the end of the day.  Therefore, congratulations @Frank on the induction.

Hall of Fame Voting Results

Black Velvet - 14/17

Unassisted - 13/17

Aleksi Koponen - 2/17

Tom Lincoln - 2/17

Jeff Hamilton - 1/17

Tyson Kohler - 0/17

Wesley Kellinger - 0/17

Mike Szatkowski Jr. - 0/17

Jakab Holik - 0/17

---

Frank Chadwick - 10/17

Edited by ADV

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

RIP H0lik

He's not going anywhere. I knew with these two on the ballot with me that first ballot HoF was never going to happen but that doesn't mean he'll never be considered.