World Cup qualifying

diamond_ace

14 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

what the fuck hey? lol damn that is crazy that all these teams are missing out but like wtf Netherlands? first Euro and now World Cup? damn

On top of that: Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, and Croatia are in the extra playoff round for Europe, for teams that finished second in their groups. They still have to play their way in. Could still be no Buffon, Bonucci, Shaqiri, Xhaka, Modric, Rakitic. Sweden are unseeded too, so there's a 3/4 chance they'll face one of the other three (although with Zlatan retiring from internationals, the closest thing Sweden have to a big name is Lindelof - forgot Zlatan left the team)

Ivory Coast need to win away at Morocco to top their group in African qualifying, so Aurier, Bailly, Doumbia...

Edited by diamond_ace

8 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Zlatan out :(

Not yet. Sweden are in the playoff round.

Italy/Switzerland/Croatia/Denmark are the seeded playoff teams

Sweden/Ireland/Northern Ireland/Greece are the non-seeded.

Zlatan will have to beat one of the seeded teams, but he's technically not yet out.

EDIT: Corrected - Zlatan retired from internationals

Edited by diamond_ace

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Not yet. Sweden are in the playoff round.

Italy/Switzerland/Croatia/Denmark are the seeded playoff teams

Sweden/Ireland/Northern Ireland/Greece are the non-seeded.

Zlatan will have to beat one of the seeded teams, but he's technically not yet out.

Didn't he retire from international play though

43 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Good to see Iceland in though. Them Senegal, Syria and the rest of the underrated are well represented at WC2018. Germany will win of course

Never mind Gudnason got it :)

Edited by diamond_ace

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

USA out. Chile out. Netherlands out. Wales out.

Pulisic, Robben, Depay, Sanchez, Vidal, Bale. Non-WC all stars could get at least to the semis

was disappointed in Wales but at least Ireland has a chance

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

was disappointed in Wales but at least Ireland has a chance

Ireland's chances hinge upon them drawing Denmark. If they face any of the other seeded teams (Italy, Croatia, Switzerland) they've already lost. Ireland can definitely take Denmark out though, and a 1/4 chance is more than USA have

Just now, diamond_ace said:

Ireland's chances hinge upon them drawing Denmark. If they face any of the other seeded teams (Italy, Croatia, Switzerland) they've already lost. Ireland can definitely take Denmark out though, and a 1/4 chance is more than USA have

Wish they could have drawn Northern Ireland lol

I think Ireland could beat any of those three frankly especially if they play together It's a big task but it's hardly impossible

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

Wish they could have drawn Northern Ireland lol

I think Ireland could beat any of those three frankly especially if they play together It's a big task but it's hardly impossible

Ireland vs Northern Ireland would have been fun, if one of them could have gotten seeded.

Ireland vs Denmark: I'd honestly favor Ireland. Barely, but I'd favor them. I'd say 55-60% or so.

Ireland vs Switzerland: Maybe 25%.

Ireland vs Croatia: 15 or so.

Ireland vs Italy: lol. Single digits. I'd like that to happen though - so many big teams out, if Italy got out, it would make things very interesting...