New Vasteras Logo

boubabi

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Too formal, too black and white. While we do have some formal set of rules, there are multiple things we love open to situation and context due to various reasons. In this case, what is to prevent someone from going over to the SHL or insert other league here and get a few people to create accounts and sign up just in an effort to raise stinks, get votes in, and cause changes for their own personal reasons. 

Before anything ever comes to a vote, we've always looked at the merits of the arguments and the movement behind it, and then weighed all that in the BoG before getting final Blue Team approval/clean up and it being announced. If an issue in question has enough merit, and makes it through all the prodding, obviously whether or not it has strong member support across the board matters.

But keep in mind, in the nature of context how an issue is raised also can be a factor. That is where this kind of bugs I know not just me but a few of the other Blue members who mentioned it to me privately. Bushito didn't ask, he just started renaming things to the Vasteras Iron Eagles in his post before someone had to tell him. Instead of treating a vote like it's binding, create a fan590 with a poll seeing if the members want it and sent a formal relocation proposal in to Blue/BoG for us to debate. At that point we'd have the raw numbers of people interested, and then we'd start factoring all that in the debate process. When you just do something, then whine about how it should be this way, it come across way more biased than I'd argue @Tyler was accusing me off. I'm not unwilling to hear the arguments, only stating here that I don't generally agree with them. I really don't see a big reason to relocate a single team right now honestly. Like when the question comes up to me from users from time to time, the only one I advocate for or an would be more open to doing is Riga to Moscow. 

of course he is biased he's the one wanting to make the move. The blue team should be 100 percent objective on issues of relocation. At the end of the day none of your arguments have been particularly persuasive (and based on falsehoods in the case of the team name and logo) and still seem to me as if you worked backwards from your opinion to try and justify it.

Just now, Tyler said:

of course he is biased he's the one wanting to make the move. The blue team should be 100 percent objective on issues of relocation. At the end of the day none of your arguments have been particularly persuasive (and based on falsehoods in the case of the team name and logo) and still seem to me as if you worked backwards from your opinion to try and justify it.

I wasn't even justfying an opinion in that post or stating one. You were trying to meld and merge my actual posts about my opinion on the subject, an opinion that has nothing to do with me being Blue or my status on it as an Blue team member. Of which I also clarified, and countered you on. Which is that if the arguments and numbers are presented for relocation are convincing and solid, of course it would be considered. Including by me. That shouldn't need to be stated though, that is obvious, and the fact that you don't think it is already proves that it's you who has an issue with bias. Against me, because I don't like Vasteras as a team. You already assumed somehow that would mean that I was going to institute some law that it couldn't be relocated or I was taking some hard formal stance. When there was none of that happening anywhere. 

Vasteras is a silly place to put a team in my opinion. I have always thought that, and I haven't heard any arguments to convince me otherwise of that. As Corco nailed it down, it really comes down to those of us who prefer teams in bigger cities or hockey mechas and those of us that don't. While originality and other factors also come into play. You may see the fact that we advocate and I am fine for an Americans team as a similar situation to Vasteras, but I do not. To me the Americans situation is taking a City associated with hockey that has had a litany of hockey team names, and reviving a classic legacy name that is no longer in use to put it in our league. While the Rochester Americans also use the team name, their first name isn't New York, and like I said it's a hockey mecha. I already start with a bias in favor of New York because to me we should have a hockey team in New York with our league format. Which goes back to my initial point in this paragraph, I will instantly be more in favor of cities that from my view deserve to have teams in the league than cities like Vasteras. That will of course permeate all over my thoughts on relocation or where teams should be, because it's the foundation for which my entire opinion is built on. 

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

I disagree 100 percent. There's a few people still active who have a memory of or relations to Vasteras.

I'm talking about them being placed there in the first place. That is the only reason they were created in S1

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'm talking about them being placed there in the first place. That is the only reason they were created in S1

\the team is so far removed from Season 1 it's irrelevant. It had been totally made over in Season 21.

@Devise you say I had to be told? Funny since I have never been told. @Beketovsays you told me something in the draft discord which is funny how I would have missed that since I never left it from start to end. I don't know what pensfan did or didn't do since I wasn't around for his time. I know I always liked the team and logo, I know a lot of people have told me they'd love to see the team back and would be very eager to play for them. I have GMed quite a few VHLM and VHL teams. I want nothing more than to take the team that can never win and do it. I want to make Vasteras a powerhouse and I think I can. I'm passionate about bringing back Vasteras hockey but you guys need to make the decisions for the good of the league so I'll make my proposal tonight and you guys decide. If you decide it stays in Stockholm I will name everything Stockholm and stop using the Vasteras name. I will however not ever stop advocating for the team to be in Vasteras.

Just now, Bushito said:

@Devise you say I had to be told? Funny since I have never been told. @Beketovsays you told me something in the draft discord which is funny how I would have missed that since I never left it from start to end. I don't know what pensfan did or didn't do since I wasn't around for his time. I know I always liked the team and logo, I know a lot of people have told me they'd love to see the team back and would be very eager to play for them. I have GMed quite a few VHLM and VHL teams. I want nothing more than to take the team that can never win and do it. I want to make Vasteras a powerhouse and I think I can. I'm passionate about bringing back Vasteras hockey but you guys need to make the decisions for the good of the league so I'll make my proposal tonight and you guys decide. If you decide it stays in Stockholm I will name everything Stockholm and stop using the Vasteras name. I will however not ever stop advocating for the team to be in Vasteras.

That is fair, I'd never ask those who advocate for it to be in Vasteras to not have a right to disagree with those on the other side. 

1 minute ago, KGR said:

There is a reason the :fuckvas: smilie was made. They should not come back. Leave the copy cats in the past. Stockholm FTW!

Maybe we can all come to a compromise and name them the Amsterdam Pirates 

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

There is a reason the :fuckvas: smilie was made. They should not come back. Leave the copy cats in the past. Stockholm FTW!

oh well if there's a smile I change my view 100 percent

28 minutes ago, Tyler said:

\the team is so far removed from Season 1 it's irrelevant. It had been totally made over in Season 21.

How many titles in that time though? Vasteras was failing well before they moved.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

How many titles in that time though? Vasteras was failing well before they moved.

What's your argument? They didn't win enough titles to be able to have a team. I'd think in this stage of the VHL finding a GM passionate about a team would be a bigger draw than fucking with Pensfans non existent legacy 

2 hours ago, Devise said:

It's also a real logo logo a fucking team name that already exists in Vasteras called the Vasteras iron eagles. How low rent can you get? You can't even come up with and use your own team name or logo? Oh but we changed the logo, so what? It's still the same god damn team.

There is no existing team called the Vasteras Iron Eagles. Do you just make shit up?

4 minutes ago, BOOM said:

I'm guessing it's these guys, but yeas, there's no "Iron" in the name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIK_Västerås_HK

Yeah I know what he's referring to, but that's like saying there is already a team called the HC Davos Dynamo.

(actually though the Davos comparison is worse because there is literally an "HC Davos" team so that's even closer to the real-life counterpart)

Edited by Strtlght

25 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Maybe we can all come to a compromise and name them the Amsterdam Pirates 

Time to head to Australia and be the Australian Booms.

24 minutes ago, Tyler said:

oh well if there's a smile I change my view 100 percent

Let's not use the watered down Iron Trash.