New Vasteras Logo

boubabi

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Well Vasteras isn't coming back so not sure what you're referring to.

was joking really. It's the new AHL affiliate to Colorado. I think the font is from a screaming eagles logo but not quite sure. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

was joking really. It's the new AHL affiliate to Colorado. I think the font is from a screaming eagles logo but not quite sure. 

It does feel similar. I don't have the old logos on hand to say for sure.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Well Vasteras isn't coming back so not sure what you're referring to.

What you mean they aren't coming back? I told the league I was moving them back to Vasteras and heard nothing back

• Commissioner
Just now, Bushito said:

What you mean they aren't coming back? I told the league I was moving them back to Vasteras and heard nothing back

When did you do this? As far as the blue team is aware there has been no formal inquiry into moving the team and when we discussed it because you were talking about it the consensus was heavily in favour of it not happening. If you want to make a formal proposition for it we'll consider it but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There is no reason not to move them, I polled the draftees and everyone said would rather play in Vasteras or will only stay long term if it's Vasteras. I will make a formal proposal though and argue my points. But yeah I've been saying they are moving and have told blue team members I wanted it changed for this season and this is the first I've heard it's unlikely. I do have my hopes up and will just fight until it happens.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

There is no reason not to move them, I polled the draftees and everyone said would rather play in Vasteras or will only stay long term if it's Vasteras. I will make a formal proposal though and argue my points. But yeah I've been saying they are moving and have told blue team members I wanted it changed for this season and this is the first I've heard it's unlikely. I do have my hopes up and will just fight until it happens.

According to @Devise you were told in the Discord specifically that the team is not moving back. You are the GM but that does not mean you get to simply decide when the team is moving. The procedure has always been, and will always be, that the blue team must be notified and put any team moves to a vote before they are allowed to go through. We will consider any formal proposal you put forth but you aren't simply changing a VHL team on your own accord because of an internal team poll.

3 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Honestly don't see why they won't allow the move... It's not like we're moving them to Spain and calling them the Ibiza Rave

Vasteras has come and gone twice. Honestly after the first time the move back shouldn't have been allowed. It's ridiculous and makes no sense to continue moving the team anywhere; let alone back to a city that has failed twice.

Just now, Beketov said:

According to @Devise you were told in the Discord specifically that the team is not moving back. You are the GM but that does not mean you get to simply decide when the team is moving. The procedure has always been, and will always be, that the blue team must be notified and put any team moves to a vote before they are allowed to go through. We will consider any formal proposal you put forth but you aren't simply changing a VHL team on your own accord because of an internal team poll.

Vasteras has come and gone twice. Honestly after the first time the move back shouldn't have been allowed. It's ridiculous and makes no sense to continue moving the team anywhere; let alone back to a city that has failed twice.

Definition of failed?

• Commissioner
Just now, Gudnason said:

Definition of failed?

Any franchise that moves I deemed failed. A franchise that's succeeding doesn't move.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Madrid Thunder was it? Something like that anyway

Something like that. I think the reason the move back to Vaster was allowed at all was because of how awful the choice of city / name / logo was. The Vikings have a good logo, name, and city though. There is very little reason to move them back.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Something like that. I think the reason the move back to Vaster was allowed at all was because of how awful the choice of city / name / logo was. The Vikings have a good logo, name, and city though. There is very little reason to move them back.

Stockholm is one of the few EU teams that makes sense, them and Helsinki. Czech Republic, Russia, Slovakia don't have teams but Germany, Switzerland, Latvia do? I mean I'm not advocating for any of those teams to move at this point, but hypothetically if a team were to move, Stockholm would arguably be one of the last choices in the conference

42 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Toronto's moving to Amsterdam for the hookers and drugs.

If you guys put as much attention on making your franchise a great place, in Stockholm, as the fan club did to trying to push it back to a place that made zero sense, and was literally only for a few vocal members, Stockholm would probably be the best place in the league to play. @boubabi knew it when he moved them there, and despite not winning a Cup, his Stockholm Vikings already changed the narrative with quality HoF players, and competitive seasons including a very entertaining cup finals run. ADV carried on that competitive legacy when he took over, and simply didn't win the luck of the playoff draw despite what, the best regular season in history? 

Much like Hyrda in the MCU....Vasteras is dead. 

tenor.gif

15 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

If only you all knew the reason Penisfan put them in Vasteras in the first place.

I don't know the full details, but at a certain point I started to realize the :fuckvas: was actually just code for FuckPensFan.