[S57] -- (S53) C - Vaclav Hrdina

STZ

Winning is about 873rd on my priority list right now, around the level of wondering whether I'll get a peach iced tea or a raspberry iced tea for work later. I want to sit in the M for a year, see whether the comeback sticks, and if it does, maybe make a new guy. STZ and I have been talking about it since last night when I came on. Tyler, if the comeback sticks to the extent where I make a bunch of guys again, I'd definitely like to play for you at some point, but this time I'm going with STZ

• Senior Admin

STZ is right, however, non-rookies playing in the VHLM are limited by this:

On 7/13/2016 at 7:57 PM, Will said:
  • All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Chat said:

Wait, so a team could purposely tank by signing VHLM players to prime or vet contracts and paying them to not even play in the team? I know that's not what is going on here exactly, but seems like a loophole

I'll sign for $20 and a plush rhino for all I care. If they decide this is a loophole, and they want to close said loophole, it honestly makes no difference to me. 3m, 7m, 0.5m, either way it's for a player that will never be pushing for any records, so the type of TPE maxing that comes with taking extra money isn't necessary. Whatever the blue team decides

33 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I'll sign for $20 and a plush rhino for all I care. If they decide this is a loophole, and they want to close said loophole, it honestly makes no difference to me. 3m, 7m, 0.5m, either way it's for a player that will never be pushing for any records, so the type of TPE maxing that comes with taking extra money isn't necessary. Whatever the blue team decides

yeah this situation clearly isn't a loophole for that and you want to play but it's just something to look at in the future

On 10/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, Bring Back Chat said:

Wait, so a team could purposely tank by signing VHLM players to prime or vet contracts and paying them to not even play in the team? I know that's not what is going on here exactly, but seems like a loophole

True, but luckily the Commissioners aren't dummies and can tell the difference between an active veteran stating he wants to play in the VHLM and a shady GM trying to circumvent cap and tanking rules. I personally as simmer wouldn't even let it happen, I'd simply put the inactive scrubs on the VHL team regardless of the GM wishes.

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

True, but luckily the Commissioners aren't dummies and can tell the difference between an active veteran stating he wants to play in the VHLM and a shady GM trying to circumvent cap and tanking rules. I personally as simmer wouldn't even let it happen, I'd simply put the inactive scrubs on the VHL team regardless of the GM wishes.

@Devise isn't a dummy???