COL/SEA ; S56 Off-season (VOID)

Advantage

To Cologne:

S59 Seattle 3rd Round Pick

To Seattle:

Rights to RFA Detlev

I accept.

@Banackock

Good luck in @Samee.  Hope you stick around and start adding TPE.  Don't take my stopping it in Free Agency the wrong way.  Just doing what I could do within the rules to gain some sort of compensation as I was going to send you an offer your way today.

Edited by ADV

Accepted.

Firstly, I've always respected and liked you @ADV, but classy move. The rules regarding these types of situations are some of the minor issues with the league. You can go out and trade for a 400 TPE centre for a 1st and 2nd, but have to give RFA compensation of the exact same for a 30 TPE RFA. Anyway, respect to you ADV for finding a quick resolve and keeping all parties involved satisfied.

Hoping to help out @Samee and get this mother fucker some TPE's. 

First thing, ADV didn't offer him a contract extension prior to UFA so he should be a UFA Not an RFA. In order to retain his RFA status the team needs to offer him an extension prior to the start of UFA

4 minutes ago, Bushito said:

First thing, ADV didn't offer him a contract extension prior to UFA so he should be a UFA Not an RFA. In order to retain his RFA status the team needs to offer him an extension prior to the start of UFA

If that is true, I'll void the trade.  But I read this differently:

"In order to retain the rights of a restricted free agent, as outlined below, the team must offer their restricted free agent the minimum amount of salary for their TPE bracket for a maximum of one season."

Perhaps I'm just reading it incorrectly though.  I assumed that meant within their original deal.  As in if the player originally signed a deal or had a contract, he retains his rights as a RFA if within Entry Level Contract.

Edited by ADV

5 minutes ago, ADV said:

If that is true, I'll void the trade.  But I read this differently:

"In order to retain the rights of a restricted free agent, as outlined below, the team must offer their restricted free agent the minimum amount of salary for their TPE bracket for a maximum of one season."

Perhaps I'm just reading it incorrectly though.  I assumed that meant within their original deal.  As in if the player originally signed a deal or had a contract, he retains his rights as a RFA if within Entry Level Contract.

Hmm, I think Bushito COULD be right. While he was a RFA and offered a 2 year deal, he was not offered anything prior to free agency. However, it doesn't matter too much. I'm happy for any sort of resolution and hope I can bring him back to decent activity :D

Just now, Banackock said:

Hmm, I think Bushito COULD be right. While he was a RFA and offered a 2 year deal, he was not offered anything prior to free agency. However, it doesn't matter too much. I'm happy for any sort of resolution and hope I can bring him back to decent activity :D

Frustrating cause I just assumed he had a 3 year deal cause normal GM's offer 3 years.

I believe Bushito is right, as long as we do it the same way as the NHL does, which I believe we do.

Detlev becomes an RFA because his rookie deal was only for 2 years, leaving 1 year of team control as an RFA.

In order to retain RFA rights, the team must offer the player a qualifying offer in order to retain their rights as an RFA.

Because the qualifying offer was not made before the start of free agency, Detlev becomes a UFA.

Although as all have said, this never comes up because all rookies are offered 3 year contracts 99.9% of the time.

2 minutes ago, ADV said:

All good then.  It sucks but I should have realized PH only offered 2 years and didn't.

Trade voided.  Detlev signs with Seattle as a UFA.

Glad we have a stable GM now haha