S56 VHL Awards

Devise

4 hours ago, Frank said:

I think Jokinen @jRuutu was robbed of the Labatte. Nevertheless congrats everyone. :cheers:

:( Would have been nice to win it,  not something you can expect to win every year.

I had more goals, more assists, better +/- rating, blocked more shots..  We both played in great teams, Riga even scored more goals then we did, but still I managed to collect better +/- rating

Sure, Digital had more hits and he played roughly 1 minute less and I know it more than likely does not mean too much in the awards, but he has not updated in two months.

Overall, not too happy to miss out on the award, was really looking forward to winning my first ever personal award in VHL,  but how things have been going in VHL lately, this little ´fiasco´ should not come as a surprise, but still sucks. Put the effort in and this is ´all´  you get, 4 votes in the category and explanation is: there were seperate threads....

4 hours ago, ADV said:

It was a tough vote I feel.  I was going back and forth.  SB's were tight.  Jokinen had him slightly on offense though a lot of physicality with Digital.

It was close.

Slightly on offense... I had 9 more points, but still +14 on Digital at +/- rating. Riga scored more goals than we did btw.

Sure, Digital had more hits, but what about my fights? Kinda falls under the physicality category, no?

To simply put it, I truly believe I put in more effort in this season and I was the better defender.  4 people voting in the award is a joke.

6 hours ago, KGR said:

Congrats to my captain @boubabi on the hardware, despite losing the top leader which should have been yours, you still hold your head high.

ya great leader always finds something to complain about and gets into heated arguments with pretty much anyone on this forum. great leader in my book. hey french fry @boubabi <3 

11 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

ya great leader always finds something to complain about and gets into heated arguments with pretty much anyone on this forum. great leader in my book. hey french fry @boubabi <3 

Obviously they should rename it the Scott Anderson award then duh

7 hours ago, Frank said:

I think Jokinen @jRuutu was robbed of the Labatte. Nevertheless congrats everyone. :cheers:

Also whats up with the top executive voting?

Cup winning GM did not even get 1 vote? Really? GM who brought first cup in who knows how many seasons to Quebec gets 0 votes? Award voting commitee really outdid themselves, hopefully whatever pay they get is worth it.. jesus christ. Should be fired right there on the spot

Edited by jRuutu

53 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Cup winning GM did not even get 1 vote? Really? GM who brought first cup in who knows how many seasons to Quebec gets 0 votes? Award voting commitee really outdid themselves, hopefully whatever pay they get is worth it.. jesus christ. Should be fired right there on the spot

I believe top GM is regular season like NHL.. could be wrong..

congrats to all the winners :)

55 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Dirty Bratislava GM strikes again.

Just now, STZ said:

I believe top GM is regular season like NHL.. could be wrong..

congrats to all the winners :)

That cant be true? That is terrible, Riga had 5 more points than Quebec, Riga did not make it into finals, but Quebec did and also won the actual cup, but the award should go to the GM who earned 5 more points in regular season?

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

That cant be true? That is terrible, Riga had 5 more points than Quebec, Riga did not make it into finals, but Quebec did and also won the actual cup, but the award should go to the GM who earned 5 more points in regular season?

Riga won a harder conference, had a way bigger seasonal improvement.. those would be the counter arguements..

5 minutes ago, STZ said:

Riga won a harder conference, had a way bigger seasonal improvement.. those would be the counter arguements..

And still they did not make it into the finals and win the cup?

Riga and Quebec both had an easy conference, there is no hard in either of the conferences, just easy and maybe less easy, look at the difference between playoff teams and teams who did not make it...

Also why did Wranglers GM get 1 vote and Frank got 0 then?  Quebec finished higher than Calgary

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Riga and Quebec both had an easy conference,

Davos itself made the EU conference harder than an entire NA for Quebec.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

just easy and maybe less easy,

Only 5 point gap. yup

On 2017.09.22. at 7:43 AM, Kesler said:

easy

:th_hov:

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Davos itself made the EU conference harder than an entire NA for Quebec.

Only 5 point gap. yup

:th_hov:

Did you play Davos all year though?  Express was worse than Bears, so Bears made the division harder for us.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Did you play Davos all year though?  Express was worse than Bears, so Bears made the division harder for us.

Let's compare teams then, place by place:

Davos>Toronto

Helsinki>Calgary, they also were only 4 points behind the Legion

Bears>Cologne

NY=Stockholm

EU was harder.

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Let's compare teams then, place by place:

Davos>Toronto

Helsinki>Calgary, they also were only 4 points behind the Legion

Bears>Cologne

NY=Stockholm

EU was harder.

We played against Davos as well though? Riga played against Toronto etc

If you look purely at points, then sure - Eu was ´harder´, but not 8 votes for Riga GM and 0 for Quebec Meute GM harder.

Terrible advertisement for VHL to use word hard when comparing divisions where top team gets over 110 points and teams at bottom end the year in 20s.

Edited by jRuutu

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

We played against Davos as well though? Riga played against Toronto etc

If you look purely at points, then sure - Eu was ´harder´, but not 8 votes for Riga GM and 0 for Quebec Meute GM harder.

Terrible advertisement for VHL to use word hard when comparing divisions where top team gets over 110 points and teams at bottom end the year in 20s.

Actually I do think that naming a TOP GM that is solely based on regular season is weird, but idk.

kermit.png

Also, it's interesting that Frank didn't say a word about this award, just said you were s.nubbed for the top def player.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Actually I do think that naming a TOP GM that is solely based on regular season is weird, but idk.

kermit.png

Also, it's interesting that Frank didn't say a word about this award, just said you were s.nubbed for the top def player.

It is yea, should take the playoff performance into consideration especially when it looks like both divisions usually have multiple teams who are rebuilding. (Kinda takes away from the purely on regular season only when there is teams who do not even earn 30 points in the season)

More than likely knew about it already, Beketov said the top GM was decided well before the cup was even won, which is just wrong.