[S57] -- (S52) RW Sami Zayn

DollarAndADream

• Devise locked this topic
2 minutes ago, ADV said:

You have to post to be active Higgins.  Been a rule for a while.  He hasnt posted since August 9

He's active. If you want to believe it or not that's up to you.

5 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Mhmm, what defines activity these days? And highlighting @hedgehog337 and it says he hasn't been on since August 12th. We have an inactive GM!!

35 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Has he posted in the last 30? Not trying to overstep ground but @Will has ruled on this the same in the past. Have to post within a month the rule states. 

Just now, ADV said:

That is Tyler not Tylar

Talking about Hedgehog. He's clearly active but for a couple of us now it's showing his last activity was August 12th. On your end it's Updated to thirty or so minutes ago.  That's weird, yes? 

17 minutes ago, Devise said:

Has he posted in the last 30? Not trying to overstep ground but @Will has ruled on this the same in the past. Have to post within a month the rule states. 

Hes actively checked this thread. He sent me a PM 24 hours asking who he should sign with.

Just now, Jonessee27 said:

Talking about Hedgehog. He's clearly active but for a couple of us now it's showing his last activity was August 12th. On your end it's Updated to thirty or so minutes ago.  That's weird, yes? 

He signs in anonymously for some reason

• Senior Admin

Indeed it's been a long-standing rule that activity goes by posts not site visits. His last post in HSK LR was Aug 10th. 

That being said, I am concerned by the editing of the offer. I don't think it's fair to add 2M to the offer in the final hour and still go by the same 24h clock - allowing it would be allowing a strategy by which a person could aim to give other teams no time whatsoever to react to the offer. 

• Senior Admin
15 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Hes actively checked this thread. He sent me a PM 24 hours asking who he should sign with.

If this is the case, and this of course is easily verifiable, I think the best option would be to count PM activity as posts and allow Tylar to decide on his own. After all, a player choosing is the only guaranteed 'right' answer in a case like this. What do you think @Devise/ @Beketov

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Indeed it's been a long-standing rule that activity goes by posts not site visits. His last post in HSK LR was Aug 10th. 

That being said, I am concerned by the editing of the offer. I don't think it's fair to add 2M to the offer in the final hour and still go by the same 24h clock - allowing it would be allowing a strategy by which a person could aim to give other teams no time whatsoever to react to the offer. 

Then leave it at 5M.  Its still the top offer I just didnt realize he was inactive.  As Bash said it wasnt a formal new offer anyway

If we are going to do that then please change the wording of the rule cause if we are gonna go by a different rule lets alter it then.  Cause I havent been offering cause ive assumed ive had him for about 9 hours.

Edited by ADV

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, ADV said:

If we are going to do that then please change the wording of the rule cause if we are gonna go by a different rule lets alter it then.  Cause I havent been offering cause ive assumed ive had him for about 9 hours.

If we do it will get edited, for now that's just my opinion, I'll wait for Devise and Beketov to weigh in. If it was just site visits I would have a hard time justifying changing it, but a PM is so close to a post I just find it difficult to take the power away from the player. 

8 minutes ago, Will said:

If this is the case, and this of course is easily verifiable, I think the best option would be to count PM activity as posts and allow Tylar to decide on his own. After all, a player choosing is the only guaranteed 'right' answer in a case like this. What do you think @Devise/ @Beketov

I think this seems fair. Furthermore, Tylar was PMing a member of Blue/his former GM to discuss his decision at UFA. If that isn't a sign of being able to have ownership over where you go in UFA than I don't know what is. @ADV I agree the rule should be mandated to clarify that even if you don't post, if you PM a GM or someone from Blue in any fashion informing them that you are making a decision, then of course your entitled to make your UFA decision as if you were an active. I get the argument that if he's active enough to send a PM then just post, but I think this is a circumstance where it's clear he isn't inactive.