2. Boner - D - @Corco

:vhlm: - 14G - 47A - 61P - 253HIT - 101SB

3. Casey Jones - D - @der meister

:veg: - 37G - 102A - 139P - 103HIT - 112SB

4. Shawn Brodeur- G - @TheLastOlympian07

:veg: - 49-15-8 - 0.890SV% - 2.91 GAA - 4SO

5. Keaton Louth - D - @Beaviss

:ssk: - 38G - 81A - 119P - 137HIT - 109SB

View more of the VHLSC draftee rankings powered by @Kendrick , by clicking HERE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.1 – Draft Lottery Rules
The first four picks of the first round of the VHL Entry Draft work on a lottery structure. Each of the four teams that miss the playoffs in the VHL have a 25% chance to draft first overall.
The maximum spots a team can move down is 1 spot. If the result of the lottery still allows teams to move down a maximum of one spot, there will be a second lottery for 2nd and/or 3rd overall. Effectively:
If fourth last (7th) place gets first pick, then 1-2-3 only bump down one spot.
If third last (8th) place gets first pick, then 1-2 bump down one spot.
If second last (9th) place gets first pick, then 1 bumps down and there's a lottery between 3-4.
If last (10th) place gets first pick, then there's a lottery between 2-3-4. If second place gets that pick, then there's a lottery between 3-4.

For the record. I want to apologize to the GM's and the league for the long delay on this. I've had some private conversations about frustrated GM's who felt that their trading capabilities was handicapped at the start of the off-season due to the lack of the lotto being up on time. We fully understand that this in an inconvenience, and due to the chaotic circumstances of the league just prior to this off-season, the situation that fell into our lap was what it was. 

Sadly due to the circumstances you will only have a day to live with this lotto news until we draft. I can promise that this will not be the case again next season, as regardless of who is determined to do the role, a hard date will be set and a back up will come in and run the lottery if that person cannot make the hard date. This was a special circumstance, and it will not happen again. Thank you for your patience and understanding, I truly appreciate it. 

:cheers: 

• Devise pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, Bushito said:

You mean right after ADV takes them over they win the lotto and I called that shit no problem.

Not that there was any rigging going on as the stream clearly shows. But that is also the reason I was trying to give Higgins the room to do it. On the off chance that Chris did win and I was running I'm sure some people may think something of it. 

Just now, Devise said:

Not that there was any rigging going on as the stream clearly shows. But that is also the reason I was trying to give Higgins the room to do it. On the off chance that Chris did win and I was running I'm sure some people may think something of it. 

I'm not trying to accuse you of rigging, I just am not going to indulge live streams as anything, you can do 10 of them and then post. That being said, my comment was more to do with the fact I called COL winning the Lotto the day ADV took them over.

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I'm not trying to accuse you of rigging, I just am not going to indulge live streams as anything, you can do 10 of them and then post. That being said, my comment was more to do with the fact I called COL winning the Lotto the day ADV took them over.

When are you paying GMs from the last WC?

45 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

When are you paying GMs from the last WC?

I asked what to pay them from the blue team and never got a response. So when I get a response I will pay your previous retired players.

Congrats @ADV and Cologne.

The New York Americans are thrilled to have the opportunity to select at the second spot. A lot of amazing prospects here, should be a fun night.

Really hope the new commishes have a lot planned to make this draft special. One of the more interesting and unpredictable ones in a long time, think we'd be missing the mark if it wasn't hyped or underwhelmed in production value.

Good luck to all the draftees, it's been fun and exhausting following all of you. 

Quick question as I'm not a math genius here but after COL wins first overall they have a shot at winning 2nd overall as well? Or are they taken out and NYA has 75%, STO 8.33%, SEA 8.33%, Nobody 8.33%

Like I said, I'm no math genius so maybe someone could educate me on how these percentages make any sense. @Devise

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

Quick question as I'm not a math genius here but after COL wins first overall they have a shot at winning 2nd overall as well? Or are they taken out and NYA has 75%, STO 8.33%, SEA 8.33%, Nobody 8.33%

Like I said, I'm no math genius so maybe someone could educate me on how these percentages make any sense. @Devise

Those percentages only come into play prior to the lotto happening. The reason NY had a 75% chance of getting 2nd overall, is because the last place team can only bump down one spot. Which means that if any of 9 (STO), 8 (COL), or 7 (SEA) win the lottery, NY would of automatically defaulted to 2nd. As they did here. The only way NY doesn't get 2nd overall is if they win the lottery. 

The reason for the other percentages before the lottery happens is due to situations when a second draw is needed. Because 8th (COL) won the lottery, there is no need for a second draw as 7th (SEA) stays in at 4, and both NY (10th) and STO (9th) drop down a spot.