Claimed: Dear VHL GMs [1/2]

Phil

Dear VHL GMs,

@eaglesfan0366 @STZ @Frank @Banackock @DollarAndADream @ADV @Tyler @Higgins @hedgehog337 @Bushito

I am writing you this letter in the hopes that you’ll take me into consideration when scouting for the Season 57 draft. I feel like I will be a suitable addition to any team, and I will also be 100% committed to the team that selects me. 

I was given the idea of writing a letter to you all from my wonderful Player Agent, Phil Knight. He suggested it would be a good idea, given how limited my TPE is compared to those at the top of the draft boards. Anyway, growing up,  I was an avid fan of the VHL. I've watched it all as I grew up, seeing my breathen win Gold at the World Cup, seeing my favourite player (Villeneuve) win in Riga, be traded to Seattle and pull off the miracle and win the Cup.. I have watched the VHL very, very closely for a long time.

I really am not one to sell myself. I cannot tell you with confidence what my strengths and weakness are. Suffice to say that I know I have the speed, strength,  dexterity and hockey IQ to make it anywhere I go in this very prestigious league. Now, because of my limited ability to sell myself, I have asked a couple of my references to tell you themselves. I have left their contact information at the bottom in case you would like to verify the quotes. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me back at any time. If I don’t pick up, then I’m either sleeping or training.

“Bennington is going to be, and to be quite honest already is, a remarkably strong hitter. This lad is 6'3" at the age of 18 and he uses his size in the most effective way. He can position himself perfectly to line up a hit, or come between an opponent and the puck. You better have a massive goon protecting your top players, because he will undoubtedly send them crashing into the boards and give the puck away.”

~ Alan Smith; coach of the Liverpool Lasers

“One thing you cannot help but notice, is his explosive speed. This big teenage can seriously move quickly. Think of how nimble and agile Lebron James is, and that is sort of how I few Bennington. Every time I see him break out into stride, it is remarkable to me how quickly he gets going... and how quickly he can stop on a dime. Good luck trying to stop him.”

~John Watson; VHL scout

“One thing? I can only say one thing about him? Now that is difficult. Alright, giving that when you look at him, you would expect him to be the enforcer, but this kid can shoot the puck, and with accuracy. With his high hockey IQ, he knows when his best option is to shoot the puck, and man can he execute a wicked wrister. Time after time I've seen him charge into the attacking zone, pull up, and fire a wrist shot over the shoulder of an unsuspecting goalie into the top shelf. Man what a shot!”

~Phil Knight; VHL Hall of Fame Builder

“Pretty unsurprisingly, one of the things a teen as big as Bennington will need to work on is his puck handling. With his gargantuan stick length, controlling the puck will always be an issue. He can receive and give passes with no difficultly, but breaking out with his speed and size.. that's where the issues lie. He will need to train hard for that."

~Alan Smith

"With such talent, he definitely will want to work on his special teams and special plays. Sure, his hockey IQ is off the charts, but as we all know Special Teams largely boil down to the coach's plan. Unfortunately, this is where Bennington is too smart for his own good. He’ll do what he thinks is best. Usually he has the right idea, but since his teammates don’t know what he’s thinking, his adjustments don’t always work. He’s got to understand that not everyone can just instantly be on the same page, and maybe he should just stick to the damn plan laid out by the coach.”

~John Watson

"The age old saying of "he doesn't know his own strength" really applies to Bennington. He will get a ton of roughing penalties, there's no way around that. He goes into a hit fully committed, but sometimes it is just so overly ambitious, I just don't see how he'll be able to avoid taking penalties. Small price to pay for his skill set though ”

~Phil Knight

Thank you for reading everyone. I am looking forward to hopefully being a part of one of your franchises. If you have any questions, please let me know. My references’ contact information are below:

Alan Smith,

3 Cherry Drive

Liverpool, Merseyside

Alan.smith@liverpoollasers.co.uk

John Watson

55 East 52nd Street

New York, New York

jwaston@vhl.com

Phil Knight

125 Dalemount Avenue

Toronto, Ontario

KnightTimevhl@gmail.com