New Official VHL Position

Devise

Just a quick announcement to make here. We've decided to hire and institute a new paid VHL position based on a solid proposition that was brought to us. The VHL will now have a paid Book Keeping role. The responsibilities of this role will be to keep the VHL Hall of Fame section updated every season. This covers records, award winners, franchise history, all time stats, and Hall of Fame Members. The Book Keeper will also be responsible for organizing, and running the Hall of Fame induction ceremony every season. 

Pay for this job will be 1 TPE per week during the season, and 2 TPE per week during the off-season due to the increased work load. 

Our very first VHL Book Keeper (officially) will be none other than long time member @ADV! :cheers: 

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Chat said:

Considering I'm the one that suggested the idea and the area has been out of date at times for over 6 seasons and I have been doing it anyway for Will when he was still around (for free) I would hardly call it nepotism.

Especially considering the entire blue team signed off on it.

8 minutes ago, ADV said:

Considering I'm the one that suggested the idea and the area has been out of date at times for over 6 seasons and I have been doing it anyway for Will when he was still around (for free) I would hardly call it nepotism.

Especially considering the entire blue team signed off on it.

Sterling, Will and myself did, which was enough considering the pay and the fact that you presented us with the fair offer, it was a easy decision that had nothing to do with member bias. 

Ignore @Bring Back Chat he's just salty until we get him his chat back. :P

6 hours ago, Devise said:

all time stats

As in like the statistics I used to update? (I don't have a problem with this as I haven't gotten them updated recently, just wondering because they aren't actually in any HoF subforum afaik)

Edited by Strtlght

11 minutes ago, Strtlght said:

As in like the statistics I used to update? (I don't have a problem with this as I haven't gotten them updated recently, just wondering because they aren't actually in any HoF subforum afaik)

Yes. Just figured we'd lump it in relatively similar field.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Yes. Just figured we'd lump it in relatively similar field.

Okay then yeah this pay is certainly reasonable and this position is pretty much exactly what I've somewhat suggested in the past.

• Senior Admin
17 hours ago, Devise said:

Sterling, Will and myself did, which was enough considering the pay and the fact that you presented us with the fair offer, it was a easy decision that had nothing to do with member bias. 

Ignore @Bring Back Chat he's just salty until we get him his chat back. :P

Indeed, I also think I remember informally paying Victor to do a similar type of thing some seasons after he stepped down, though I liked to call him the Curator of the Hall of Fame :P  And then like ADV said he did it for me at one time as well. 

So not totally new, but formalizing it was overdue and its something that takes an unnecessary burden off of the blue team.