S56 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Devise

Who was the Most Outstanding Player in Season 56?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Awarded to the player deemed the most outstanding player as voted by the league's players

• Muller, Lukas (QUE) - 72GP, 48G, 88A, 136P, +77, 33PIM, 103HIT, 41SB, 14GWG
    • King, Marcus (RIG) - 65GP, 53-10-1, 0.930SV%, 1.71GAA, 14SO, 1579SA
    • Ravenwing, Essian (RIG) - 72GP, 45G, 82A, 127P, +72, 24PIM, 3HIT, 35SB, 7GWG
    • Cornerstone, Franchise (HSK) - 72GP, 62G, 61A, 123P, +71, 20PIM, 1HIT, 40SB, 11GWG
    • Axelsson, Theo (HSK) - 72GP, 47G, 63A, 110P, +66, 144PIM, 352HIT, 37SB, 7GWG
    • Maxwell, Diana (DAV) - 72GP, 58G, 56A, 114P, +73, 108PIM, 277HIT, 27SB, 8GWG
    • Jokinen, Fabio (QUE) - 72GP, 24G, 82A, 106P, +71, 138PIM, 120HIT, 119SB, 8GWG
    • Shankly, Phil (RIG) - 72GP, 47G, 52A, 99P, +74, 167PIM, 384HIT, 20SB, 9GWG

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Devise said:

We like having awards determined by people who have a better idea of how to vote. Outstanding is easy, it's literally nothing but stats with very little context. Hence why both the player and goalie with best stats right now lead in this poll. How it always goes. 

It's also worth noting that the Slobo was originally for the MVP as voted by the players, and when it was changed to be most outstanding the public voting system was kept (probably for the reason you stated).

Also for the record @boubabi it seems like it's you getting offended when you lord your opinion the way you do. It'd be one thing if you said to someone "Nah I don't think King has it for me, it's Muller how you can deny the point totals?" But you don't. Instead you go "fuck you, you can't choose King he doesn't deserve it all lol you all bias." 

You lord your opinion, your just as biased as the rest of them, and then you basically say that they vote for King because they don't know what the fuck they are doing. We get it, Muller is your pick, you made your argument. But you don't need to lord it over people and then pretend that if they choose someone else or King sorry, you'd probably okay if they chose someone else because really we all know this is about Kendrick, that they can't vote him or if they do it's a shit vote. 

Just now, Devise said:

Also for the record @boubabi it seems like it's you getting offended when you lord your opinion the way you do. It'd be one thing if you said to someone "Nah I don't think King has it for me, it's Muller how you can deny the point totals?" But you don't. Instead you go "fuck you, you can't choose King he doesn't deserve it all lol you all bias." 

You lord your opinion, your just as biased as the rest of them, and then you basically say that they vote for King because they don't know what the fuck they are doing. We get it, Muller is your pick, you made your argument. But you don't need to lord it over people and then pretend that if they choose someone else or King sorry, you'd probably okay if they chose someone else because really we all know this is about Kendrick, that they can't vote him or if they do it's a shit vote. 

remove me from the BoG if you don't want me to state my opinion the way I do. If you don't, I'll remain 100% the same.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

and tell me how top D or top goalie needs context ? It needs as much context as this award 

This past season it did. But that isn't always the case. Sometimes we have a defender with more points but less hits, but the points are close enough. Sometimes we have goalies close in all stats. Context comes into play when things are cut and dry. The context you see happening here is all about literally the player vs the player. Goalie vs forward. Ultimately, more people are leaning forward. 

Just now, Devise said:

This past season it did. But that isn't always the case. Sometimes we have a defender with more points but less hits, but the points are close enough. Sometimes we have goalies close in all stats. Context comes into play when things are cut and dry. The context you see happening here is all about literally the player vs the player. Goalie vs forward. Ultimately, more people are leaning forward. 

There as much context here if it would have been cornerstone vs muller vs ravenwing

your argument is only that "the league worked that way so we better keep the same system"

it's a weak thinking and it's sad to see from a blue team member

Just now, boubabi said:

remove me from the BoG if you don't want me to state my opinion the way I do. If you don't, I'll remain 100% the same.

*laughs* Look how quickly you always default to this stance? So your allowed to be a shit head, lord your opinion over people and then admit. But I can't I can't call you out for it? Maybe you have replaced Kesler as the youngest on the board...grow some maturity.

You wanna be all knowing asshole who claims that anyone who votes King is bias? Sure. Go for it, present your opinion your way. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna call you out on it when you are a dickhead, which 85% of the time. :cheers: 

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

your argument is only that "the league worked that way so we better keep the same system"

it's a weak thinking and it's sad to see from a blue team member

Are you joking? Every bloody Blue Team member hell half the league has the "it's worked before so why change it" argument, yet your going to pin that all on me? Wow are you ever reaching for straws now. I'll leave this be I think at this point. 

Just now, Devise said:

*laughs* Look how quickly you always default to this stance? So your allowed to be a shit head, lord your opinion over people and then admit. But I can't I can't call you out for it? Maybe you have replaced Kesler as the youngest on the board...grow some maturity.

You wanna be all knowing asshole who claims that anyone who votes King is bias? Sure. Go for it, present your opinion your way. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna call you out on it when you are a dickhead, which 85% of the time. :cheers: 

If it help yo usleep at night sure devise sure

Remove me from the BoG if you don't like the way I say my opinions right now. At the same time, you won't have to bother with me. But the same goes with whatever other responsibilities that I had.

If not, keep me in the BoG, deal with my opinions and stfu with your weak ass defensive stance 

Just now, boubabi said:

If it help yo usleep at night sure devise sure

Remove me from the BoG if you don't like the way I say my opinions right now. At the same time, you won't have to bother with me. But the same goes with whatever other responsibilities that I had.

If not, keep me in the BoG, deal with my opinions and stfu with your weak ass defensive stance 

So let me get this straight. Your allowed to go willy nilly throwing your opinions in any casing you want. But I need stfu with my defensive stance. Yep certainly seems fair. You are no different than punk kids in the old days of school yard. Love to dish it, hate to take it. Why would I remove you from the BoG? I have zero interest in doing that. Zero. None. If you have a right to lord your opinion, so does anyone. Simple facts. So if I want to get defensive with you on any post? Guess what? I will. Tough luck. 

Just now, Devise said:

So let me get this straight. Your allowed to go willy nilly throwing your opinions in any casing you want. But I need stfu with my defensive stance. Yep certainly seems fair. You are no different than punk kids in the old days of school yard. Love to dish it, hate to take it. Why would I remove you from the BoG? I have zero interest in doing that. Zero. None. If you have a right to lord your opinion, so does anyone. Simple facts. So if I want to get defensive with you on any post? Guess what? I will. Tough luck. 

GG

well I guess I won't have to stfu afterall

good talk devise good talk

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Funny how people say I only defend my players, I'm here defending solas' player and nobody even say a word about that 

:th_berniewtf:

Defending him against what? You and are debating about your elitist bullshit opinion of yourself. I voted Muller, he leads in votes. Do you normally defend the winner in battle? Odd. Your french though so perhaps just a perspective thing that my Albertan mind can't wrap itself around. :P 

Just now, Devise said:

Defending him against what? You and are debating about your elitist bullshit opinion of yourself. I voted Muller, he leads in votes. Do you normally defend the winner in battle? Odd. Your french though so perhaps just a perspective thing that my Albertan mind can't wrap itself around. :P 

the language card is ON THE TABLE EVERYONE

I was expecting that from kendrick, but hey ,devise is full of surprise afterall 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

elitist opinion ?

Then go make every award public and let the "good people" debate like they are clearly capable of

what's holding that decision ? 

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

who would you vote for and why 

I nulled my vote to view the results, but Muller has the best stats there. Regardless, I don't see the need for grand debate here, the results will prove themselves.