S56 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Devise

Who was the Most Outstanding Player in Season 56?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Awarded to the player deemed the most outstanding player as voted by the league's players

• Muller, Lukas (QUE) - 72GP, 48G, 88A, 136P, +77, 33PIM, 103HIT, 41SB, 14GWG
    • King, Marcus (RIG) - 65GP, 53-10-1, 0.930SV%, 1.71GAA, 14SO, 1579SA
    • Ravenwing, Essian (RIG) - 72GP, 45G, 82A, 127P, +72, 24PIM, 3HIT, 35SB, 7GWG
    • Cornerstone, Franchise (HSK) - 72GP, 62G, 61A, 123P, +71, 20PIM, 1HIT, 40SB, 11GWG
    • Axelsson, Theo (HSK) - 72GP, 47G, 63A, 110P, +66, 144PIM, 352HIT, 37SB, 7GWG
    • Maxwell, Diana (DAV) - 72GP, 58G, 56A, 114P, +73, 108PIM, 277HIT, 27SB, 8GWG
    • Jokinen, Fabio (QUE) - 72GP, 24G, 82A, 106P, +71, 138PIM, 120HIT, 119SB, 8GWG
    • Shankly, Phil (RIG) - 72GP, 47G, 52A, 99P, +74, 167PIM, 384HIT, 20SB, 9GWG

This poll is closed to new votes

48 minutes ago, Beketov said:

*twitch* *twitch*

Whatever education you are receiving is a waste. Please go watch every movie on IMDB's Top 250 List. Apparently starting with Star Wars.

Watched 29 as a early teenager but forgot what it's about. Highest movies I've seen are the two Toy Story's ranked in the 90's :lol:

Then it's Finding Nemo at 167 and Monster's Inc at 226. Such a disappointment/coincidence all these Disney movies are rated so high.

But I was so happy to see Internal Affairs at 239!!! Apparently you missed that one. 

42 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

It's like every night I go to sleep and wake up in 2003 with all this constant bickering.

Man this is nothing. Should of seen the MVP debate this past season in the BoG. :P 

For the record @boubabi while your right Kings success is in part due to his teams success, the fact still remains that the team that had the best goalie in the league stats wise, also was the best team in the league stats wise. Riga, much like Quebec, Helsinki, and Davos had 100+ point scorers. Every competitive team did even Toronto. The only difference you see in terms of performance for most teams, was that Riga had a good goalie, and everyone had an average goalie, especially in the modern VHL. You showing stats from last season are evidence by that.

I also found it interesting that you were saying that we can't use what might of happened as justification for any awards. Weren't you using that to defend Cornerstones position in MVP debate? Saying that because Riga had less TPE and overperformed and Helsinki had more and underperformed can't look at that, have to look at TPE? It's a stats based game. If an inactive scores 400 points in a season, they are going to the credit for it. Regardless of TPE. None the less, in this instance...while I did vote Mueller it was a close one between him and King for me.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

The only difference you see in terms of performance for most teams, was that Riga had a good goalie, and everyone had an average goalie, especially in the modern VHL. You showing stats from last season are evidence by that.

average goalies ?

half of the league played .920 lmao

There's more chance that riga won because they had the best offense than anything really

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Man this is nothing. Should of seen the MVP debate this past season in the BoG. :P 

For the record @boubabi while your right Kings success is in part due to his teams success, the fact still remains that the team that had the best goalie in the league stats wise, also was the best team in the league stats wise. Riga, much like Quebec, Helsinki, and Davos had 100+ point scorers. Every competitive team did even Toronto. The only difference you see in terms of performance for most teams, was that Riga had a good goalie, and everyone had an average goalie, especially in the modern VHL. You showing stats from last season are evidence by that.

I also found it interesting that you were saying that we can't use what might of happened as justification for any awards. Weren't you using that to defend Cornerstones position in MVP debate? Saying that because Riga had less TPE and overperformed and Helsinki had more and underperformed can't look at that, have to look at TPE? It's a stats based game. If an inactive scores 400 points in a season, they are going to the credit for it. Regardless of TPE. None the less, in this instance...while I did vote Mueller it was a close one between him and King for me.

Regarding credit being given to the 400-point inactive... I expect Gudnason to be a finalist for playoff MVP, hopefully with Brodeur, Jones, and O'Callahan.

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Saying that because Riga had less TPE and overperformed and Helsinki had more and underperformed can't look at that, have to look at TPE? It's a stats based game.

That's a speach for MVp where we have to evaluate stats in comparison of other things

That's the slobo

I can't see in any world where a .930 goalie is superior than a 136 pts player

the people bring .930 because they say other goaltenders were average, not that's not the point. The point is, a 136 points player should win over a .930 goalie, that's it 

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

I doubt we could've got the bye round without King though.

and I doubt QC would have had their current season without muller. We can go on all night with those comparaison

again, it's a 136 pts player vs a .930 goalie 

and to wage the weight of the .930 stats vs the 136 ptsp layer...yes looking at other years is relevant because we will see that .930 in the vhl isn't a big deal 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

average goalies ?

half of the league played .920 lmao

There's more chance that riga won because they had the best offense than anything really

Last season 4 goalies, were all .930 or better. Look the year before that too...and the year before that.....you can't on one hand discredit Kings argument that his performance is only okay because the rest of the goalies in previous seasons would of crushed him and then also complliment the goalies beneath as having better than average seasons. NORMALLY .920-.926 is considered pretty good. But in todays VHL, with goalies traditionally stealing the show, that's average. That's "acceptable". There is nothing impressive about it, and it's why no other goalies deserve to be on this ballot or really any other. Again, look at every competitive team, 100+ scorers all over the place. That doesn't happen when goalies don't play average like they did this season. Which makes Kings performance even better looking, especially when you factor in he faced more shots than the goalies who played average this season. 

8 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Watched 29 as a early teenager but forgot what it's about. Highest movies I've seen are the two Toy Story's ranked in the 90's :lol:

Then it's Finding Nemo at 167 and Monster's Inc at 226. Such a disappointment/coincidence all these Disney movies are rated so high.

But I was so happy to see Internal Affairs at 239!!! Apparently you missed that one. 

I have watched 110 on that list. I'm slacking. 

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

boubabi's commitment to being wrong all the time is actually inspirational 

ayeee, kendrick's fan club is joining the party

nice addition to the argument, can the blue team acknowledge that ? 

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

Last season 4 goalies, were all .930 or better. Look the year before that too...and the year before that.....you can't on one hand discredit Kings argument that his performance is only okay because the rest of the goalies in previous seasons would of crushed him and then also complliment the goalies beneath as having better than average seasons. NORMALLY .920-.926 is considered pretty good. But in todays VHL, with goalies traditionally stealing the show, that's average. That's "acceptable". There is nothing impressive about it, and it's why no other goalies deserve to be on this ballot or really any other. Again, look at every competitive team, 100+ scorers all over the place. That doesn't happen when goalies don't play average like they did this season. Which makes Kings performance even better looking, especially when you factor in he faced more shots than the goalies who played average this season. 

there's a difference between 100+ scorers and exactly 136 pts scorers lmao 

Just now, boubabi said:

there's a difference between 100+ scorers and exactly 136 pts scorers lmao 

Indeed there is. Notice I also voted for Muller, right away. That isn't the point. The issue is that you get offended that someone votes for someone else. Look at all Kings votes, not all of them are bias. You need to learn to live with the fact that some people have different opinions than you, and that doesn't make them wrong. Especially in cases when all of the community can vote, so 1 or 2 biases here or there...which your going to run into anyways, doesn't matter. STZ biased towards him now too, as a rival GM? Come on. I didn't vote King, but if he deserves to be there, he deserves to be voted for. Simple as that. You have to accept that. 

how I am offended ? I think they are wrong and I voice my opinion with arguments. That's my job as a BoG member lmao

I have no idea who voted for king as I can't see who did and who didn't. I just think the public vote is dumb and it's a popularity vote 

how I am offended ? I think they are wrong and I voice my opinion with arguments. That's my job as a BoG member lmao

I have no idea who voted for king as I can't see who did and who didn't. I just think the public vote is dumb and it's a popularity vote 

I mean the votes are public, so, and they have always been every season. 

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

and that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do 

It's a community vote. There nothing wrong with it being public. It's for outstanding player. Go ahead  go through and find in the past when a single bias is the reason a member won this award. Go for it. Find it. You won't. Guess what, when 30 people vote, even 5 or 6 biases mean very little. Besides, this is structured in a way that this award is voted on by the community. You don't like that, fine, good for you. *claps* Never have I once heard anyone else in my entire time in the league state that the community vote for this award, was a problem. Not once. So, don't think it's an issue. Think it's more "you don't like it" which hey, sucks, sorry it has to be that way, but life isn't built for Boubabi so. 

what's the argument against making all the voting process public ? 

why top d isn't public ? etc

if the public process is so solid, lets make all the awards public...and see what happens 

what's the argument against making all the voting process public ? 

why top d isn't public ? etc

We like having awards determined by people who have a better idea of how to vote. Outstanding is easy, it's literally nothing but stats with very little context. Hence why both the player and goalie with best stats right now lead in this poll. How it always goes. 

Just now, Devise said:

Outstanding is easy, it's literally nothing but stats with very little context.

funny how this thread is 3 pages of context 

so devise, who should win, a 136 pts player or a .930 goalie ?