New Reviewing System

Beketov

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Not a bad idea and I do support it (and like how it will raise activity), however, I see a lot of people bull shitting their way through it just to gain the easy TPE. Either way though, it raises activity I guess. 

@DollarAndADream will be keeping an eye on things. If people are phoning it in for the free TPE he'll make sure they don't get paid for it.

@Beketov @Devise 

Glad activity has the potential of rising in the media/point task section. Next two things I'd love to discuss would be seasonal point tasks (maybe 2 a season - each with a PT head that gives out things to write about). Keeps things from getting stale and having the same old shit again and again. Make it more fun and interesting to write and read about too. Lastly, game threads would be a nice place to try and raise activity. 

Just now, Banackock said:

@Beketov @Devise 

Glad activity has the potential of rising in the media/point task section. Next two things I'd love to discuss would be seasonal point tasks (maybe 2 a season - each with a PT head that gives out things to write about). Keeps things from getting stale and having the same old shit again and again. Make it more fun and interesting to write and read about too. Lastly, game threads would be a nice place to try and raise activity. 

P.S #bana4BOG (now, not later).

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

So i can review 2 things and pension for 6?

You'd have to review more than 2 things. The fewest amount of things for 2 TPE would be 4 podcasts or bios. But yes, you can use reviews in conjunction with pension if you wish to do so.

• Head Moderator
Just now, Beketov said:

You'd have to review more than 2 things. The fewest amount of things for 2 TPE would be 4 podcasts or bios. But yes, you can use reviews in conjunction with pension if you wish to do so.

I meant actually listening to your CODcast and something else.

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

I meant actually listening to your CODcast and something else.

That would still only get you 1 TPE at most. As I laid out in the OP it's 4 points for 1 TPE. MS, GFX and RP are worth 1 point. Podcasts and Bios are worth 2.

2 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

SO, i guess this just means you just now link the review to your update page now since the grader logs are now void i guess?

A public forum for review logs will be located in "Into the Stands" once this goes through. For now, you can still use your grader log in the grading section.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, STZ said:

@Beketov @DollarAndADream

I plan on participating in this. Will there be claim threads where we need to post our reviews, similar to the Grading Logs?

Yes, the grader logs subforum will be moved and used exactly the same way as before. I just didn't want to pre-maturely move it and confuse people.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

I read this as "New Ravenwing System" and got excited.

I mean, this is neat too I guess.

@der meister 

What would that even be? Come really close to an individual award but fall just short, while still being an underrated team player? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

A reminder to everyone that these new rules go into effect this coming Monday. In preparation for that the Reviewing Logs forum has been made public. If you need any help with how to lay out your logs contact @DollarAndADream or simply look at one of the older grading logs. If you’re a former member of the grading or review team feel free to use your old log so long as you do not use any banked TPE you may have had remaining*.

In addition Archives have been created for all Media SpotsGraphicsPodcasts, and Extras (Bios, RP’s and all older PTs). You can still comment in these threads if you wish to continue an older discussion you were having that was archived. However, creating new reviews in them will not count for your review log. Archives currently contain any PT’s older than 2 weeks old and as PT’s get reviewed fully they will intermittently be archived.

*Current members of the PT Staff are exempt as mentioned above and can claim their banked TPE.

• 3 weeks later...

So, yesterday I reviewed a bunch of stuff that's been in the gfx forum for a while, at least a couple were posted in September...There's still posts submitted over a week ago that haven't been reviewed, and I'm sure it's similar in the MS/Podcast/Bio forums...

Just a suggestion, but maybe get rid of the 2 TPE cap on reviewing to allow up to 9 TPE worth (or cap it at 7...?). I think it might encourage people to actually review people's PTs more. I know that it will decrease the amount of PTs being submitted, but then what is submitted is getting reviewed a lot faster. Plus, the effort in reviewing is probably equal to (if not greater than) what you'd be putting in by submitting a PT if you're maxing out at 9 (or even 7) TPE.

@Beketov @Will @Higgins @Devise

Edited by Quik

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Quik said:

So, yesterday I reviewed a bunch of stuff that's been in the gfx forum for a while, at least a couple were posted in September...There's still posts submitted over a week ago that haven't been reviewed, and I'm sure it's similar in the MS/Podcast/Bio forums...

Just a suggestion, but maybe get rid of the 2 TPE cap on reviewing to allow up to 9 TPE worth (or cap it at 7...?). I think it might encourage people to actually review people's PTs more. I know that it will decrease the amount of PTs being submitted, but then what is submitted is getting reviewed a lot faster. Plus, the effort in reviewing is probably equal to (if not greater than) what you'd be putting in by submitting a PT if you're maxing out at 9 (or even 7) TPE.

@Beketov @Will @Higgins @Devise

To be honest I suggested this months ago when we were still doing a formal PT Staff and there were complaints from other member groups, I can't see that changing now. Closest you would get is having the old system of banking reviews return which could potentially be discussed.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

To be honest I suggested this months ago when we were still doing a formal PT Staff and there were complaints from other member groups, I can't see that changing now. Closest you would get is having the old system of banking reviews return which could potentially be discussed.

I just don’t see the point of capping it at 2 TPE. Like, reviewing 24 gfx takes more time/effort/words than writing a shitty 450 word MS, and it helps the league. Allowing people to bank TPE from reviewing just means there will be more batches of stuff that goes ungraded for weeks at a time. Hell, today I reviewed a bunch of stuff that was posted over 2 weeks ago, even though I won’t get paid for it. I think having stuff actually get reviewed, and especially shortly after it’s posted, could only be a good hint for the league...

15 minutes ago, Quik said:

I just don’t see the point of capping it at 2 TPE. Like, reviewing 24 gfx takes more time/effort/words than writing a shitty 450 word MS, and it helps the league. Allowing people to bank TPE from reviewing just means there will be more batches of stuff that goes ungraded for weeks at a time. Hell, today I reviewed a bunch of stuff that was posted over 2 weeks ago, even though I won’t get paid for it. I think having stuff actually get reviewed, and especially shortly after it’s posted, could only be a good hint for the league...

Thanks for the work. Go review some lengthy podcasts? Lol

15 hours ago, Quik said:

Appreciate all the help, man. Yeah, I've never been a fan of the cap either, but there are some people against it. It would be nice if we could find like 4-6 people between graphics and media that can grade 8 per week, but for some reason even that is hard to ask for.

The main priority is getting the oldest done first.