New Reviewing System

Beketov

• Commissioner

Anyone who has been present in the VHL since we introduced the “Auto-6” grading system will know that the amount of activity focused on Point Task conversation has gone way down and in some ways our quality has gone down as well. While the system of reviewing instead of grading was good in theory the incentive wasn’t present for the reviewers to handle the increased workload and the reviewers themselves got burnt out much easier.

With this in mind I would like to officially announce the 2nd major change to the VHL’s reviewing system since we opened our doors. Points Tasks will still automatically receive 6 TPE but there will no longer be a formal “PT Staff” doing the reviewing. Instead all members will be able to review point tasks and claim up to 2 TPE (capped) per week for it. This means if you can’t find a league job that interests you, or if you’re just missing out on a few points to hit the cap you can still earn them simply by reviewing the work of others.

Here’s how it all works. Each review you post should be constructive in nature and at least a few sentences long to distinguish it from a regular comment, which are still completely allowed. Assuming you meet that criteria you post the link to your review in your review log; the forum for which will be moved to a public forum within the “Into the Stands” section. Get enough in a week and you will earn TPE given out by @DollarAndADream, who’s official title will now be “Head of PT.” So how much exactly is enough? It’s very simple.

4 Review Points = 1 TPE

Media Spots, Rookie Profiles, and Graphics = 1 Point

Podcasts and Biographies = 2 Points

So, if you review for example 2 GFX and 1 podcast in a week you earn 4 points and thus 1 TPE. Double that and you hit the cap at 2 TPE. A note, however, for anyone who has been a reviewer before and is used to the old system. There will be no banking of reviews in this system. Once you hit 8 points for a week that is all you can claim. No more weeks of doing no work and getting paid for it. With that said, carryover is still allowed under 2 TPE. For example, if you grade 5 media spots that’s 1 TPE with 1 point carried over to the next week.

In addition, only 2 reviews are allowed per PT. Reviewing should ideally be done in reverse order (from oldest PT’s to newest) and on a first come, first serve basis. If 2 reviews are already on a PT and you claim one after that claim will not give you points. Essentially the regulations around reviewing have not changed but the option to do so is now open to everyone.

To allow time to adjust to this new idea and ask answer questions if necessary the new reviewing system will go into effect Monday, October 9th. Slightly before that time all PT’s older than 2 weeks will be archived so that people cannot grave dig old topics for reviewing. If you have questions on this new system or would like things clarified please feel free to ask.

• Commissioner

A quick thank you here as well to anyone who has been a grader over the years and more specifically @Pandar, @TheLastOlympian07, and @Beaviss who have been going hard the last little bit. This decision has nothing to do with your work ethic, you guys have been doing everything you can. Any TPE you have banked up until today will still be claimable as a thank you for your service. That goes for anyone else in the current PT Staff that I may have missed as well.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, BOOM said:

I preferred it when people didn't criticize my shit. I'm fucked now :unsure2:

Just do what you do best. Add tits.

I think it'd be a good idea as well to even make a review heading to distinguish reviews from comments. I always do that on all of my reviews.

Review:

Blah blah blah

Like that.

Also, for the curious, I award TPE on Mondays or Tuesdays. So that gives everyone the option to review with their weekend free time.

So to clarify: Your saying for example that I can do my tpe graphic as usual but it's now a guaranteed 6,or two member reviewers will grade it up to 6? I'd just like to know since everyone seems to think my graphics are subpar.

Once you hit 8 points for a week,is that now the total TPE you earn,down from the previous 9 you could earn before for your player?Or does that 8 pertain to something else?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

So to clarify: Your saying for example that I can do my tpe graphic as usual but it's now a guaranteed 6,or two member reviewers will grade it up to 6? I'd just like to know since everyone seems to think my graphics are subpar.

Once you hit 8 points for a week,is that now the total TPE you earn,down from the previous 9 you could earn before for your player?Or does that 8 pertain to something else?

It remains auto-6 the way it always was. @DollarAndADream has the only say if something isn't putting forth enough effort to be considered as such. The reviews are simply to give feedback and help people improve, they have no weight on the actual TPE given.

The cap remains at 9 for right now, this just offers a way to get up to 2 TPE of that. Where the 8 comes into play is the max amount of reviewing points you can earn in a week. 8 points = 2 TPE. Since the amount you can earn from reviewing is capped at 2 TPE the amount of points you can get in a week is capped at 8. Does that make sense?

9 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

The Review Points he's talking about are different than TPE. He's talking about how many reviews = what amount of TPE.

Media/Rookie Profile/Graphic Reviews = 1 review point

Bios/Podcasts = 2 review points

4 review points = 1 TPE and you are allowed a max of 2 TPE from reviewing per week, so 8 review points.

What a great first move Sharpe! But don't understand the first paragraph when you said reviewing is an increased burden over grading and it burns graders out!

And thanks to Mr. Sharpe, I am now officially unemployed! BUT THX FOR BRINGING ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES TO THE LOWER CLASS

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

What a great first move Sharpe! But don't understand the first paragraph when you said reviewing is an increased burden over grading and it burns graders out!

And thanks to Mr. Sharpe, I am now officially unemployed! BUT THX FOR BRINGING ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES TO THE LOWER CLASS

It's not so much that it's more of a burden. It's more so that he job became less obviously important which means fewer people did it, resulting in more burn out.

As for your second point. Don't think of it as me making you unemployed. Think of it more that I made everyone employed.

39 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think it'd be a good idea as well to even make a review heading to distinguish reviews from comments. I always do that on all of my reviews.

Review:

Blah blah blah

Like that.

Also, for the curious, I award TPE on Mondays or Tuesdays. So that gives everyone the option to review with their weekend free time.

Hope you don't get burned out with a shit load more reviews coming your way lol

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It remains auto-6 the way it always was. @DollarAndADream has the only say if something isn't putting forth enough effort to be considered as such. The reviews are simply to give feedback and help people improve, they have no weight on the actual TPE given.

The cap remains at 9 for right now, this just offers a way to get up to 2 TPE of that. Where the 8 comes into play is the max amount of reviewing points you can earn in a week. 8 points = 2 TPE. Since the amount you can earn from reviewing is capped at 2 TPE the amount of points you can get in a week is capped at 8. Does that make sense?

Think it helps to add you can still get the 9th TPE from Fan590 or something. Now everybody can get 9 TPE and we don't have to make Fan590s worth 2 TPE because black articles don't matter now

14 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

The Review Points he's talking about are different than TPE. He's talking about how many reviews = what amount of TPE.

Media/Rookie Profile/Graphic Reviews = 1 review point

Bios/Podcasts = 2 review points

4 review points = 1 TPE and you are allowed a max of 2 TPE from reviewing per week, so 8 review points.

Ok thanks !

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It's not so much that it's more of a burden. It's more so that he job became less obviously important which means fewer people did it, resulting in more burn out.

As for your second point. Don't think of it as me making you unemployed. Think of it more that I made everyone employed.

Just like the great Mao Zedong. Instead of withholding everyone's right to free speech, he fed the WHOLE COUNTRY.

26 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yeah it does so thanks you two for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

:thedonald: