New GM Announcement

Devise

It's no secret that there are a couple of VHL teams that have open GM spots. So without further ado let me formally welcome two members to the VHL GM ranks. 

@ADV is a member no secret to GMing and one of the top GM's all time. I'm happy to announce that he will be taking over the role as :col:Cologne Express :col:  GM. His newly created 2nd player, Kristof Mueller will be sent to Cologne as the GM player with no forfeiture. 

@Tyler will be assuming the GM role for the first time since breaking the Vasteras curse in Season 25, so let's give him a big warm welcome as he is going to be taking over the :dav: Davos Dynamo:dav:  Tyler will be retiring his defender Thomas Sankara, who is a S57 prospect and recreating a new 2nd player who will go to Davos under the GM player rule with no forfeiture. As Rusty Trombone was the previously acquired free GM player, once Tylers new player joins the Dynamo as per the rules, Rusty Trombone will have to be moved from the club. 

That should be all for now, but congratulations to the two new GM's, although I should probably be saying thanks for them stepping up. :P Anyway :cheers: guys and best of luck with your tenures. 

1 minute ago, KGR said:

Maybe he wants to create a goalie because STZ's won't be there that long.

Oh okay it made it seem like because he was becoming GM he had to retire him when I thin it's more of a "preference" decision if that.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Oh okay it made it seem like because he was becoming GM he had to retire him when I thin it's more of a "preference" decision if that.

I mean that seems to be the only logical reason to me. Who knows but that is what came to mind first since STZ is almost done with his career. His goalie comes in at the right time and can just take over.

Just now, Kendrick said:

The decision was brought to Tyler. Slava is a free agent on Riga, and his 2nd player was low enough on TPE that I let him make the decision. He decided that he'd rather retire Sankara and start over on him as the GM player. 

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

The decision was brought to Tyler. Slava is a free agent on Riga, and his 2nd player was low enough on TPE that I let him make the decision. He decided that he'd rather retire Sankara and start over on him as the GM player. 

Yeah makes sense. I think it just confused me because it made it look like this appointment was the reason he had to retire his player haha

3 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Wow what a great commissioner who is aware of player transactions. Gudnason retired quite a while ago, so he's not entering any draft class... :rollseyes: 

Or maybe you create and uncraete so many players it's hard to keep track. TBF I did edit that to add it in once I saw him on the profile page, but you retired him without using his actual name so. :P Whatever though, thanks for letting me know lol. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

It's no secret that there are a couple of VHL teams that have open GM spots. So without further ado let me formally welcome two members to the VHL GM ranks. 

@ADV is a member no secret to GMing and one of the top GM's all time. I'm happy to announce that he will be taking over the role as :col:Cologne Express :col:  GM. His newly created 2nd player, Kristof Mueller will be sent to Cologne as the GM player with no forfeiture. 

@Tyler will be assuming the GM role for the first time since breaking the Vasteras curse in Season 25, so let's give him a big warm welcome as he is going to be taking over the :dav: Davos Dynamo:dav:  Tyler will be retiring his defender Thomas Sankara, who is a S57 prospect and recreating a new 2nd player who will go to Davos under the GM player rule with no forfeiture. As Rusty Trombone was the previously acquired free GM player, once Tylers new player joins the Dynamo as per the rules, Rusty Trombone will have to be moved from the club. 

That should be all for now, but congratulations to the two new GM's, although I should probably be saying thanks for them stepping up. :P Anyway :cheers: guys and best of luck with your tenures. 

I like how neither guy has to forfeit anything yet I was in the same boat taking over Stockholm and was told if Kensington was to be my GM player I had to give up my first in this draft coming up. So I purposely get trade raped in order to bring in Abbott to be my GM player.

4 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I like how neither guy has to forfeit anything yet I was in the same boat taking over Stockholm and was told if Kensington was to be my GM player I had to give up my first in this draft coming up. So I purposely get trade raped in order to bring in Abbott to be my GM player.

More details please. I don't get this.

And @Devise I don't get what you mean by Trombone has to moved out. Since he's inactive would he become an inactive FA? If he's traded out, it still means Davos gets assets in return for him, so in the same "time frame", they benefit from Tyler's free GM player, and the assets they get in return for Trombone. While it's a "trade" now, these assets wouldn't have made its way to Davos if Trombone wasn't acquired for free back then? So basically, it's Davos got Trombone for free back then, and they're now turning it into something of value. While whatever value makes its way to Davos (let's for fucking example's sake it's John Locke), Quebec had to draft him, and while they now get Trombone for Locke, Quebec still paid a price for Locke originally.

In summary,

QUE: Draft pick > Locke > Trombone

DAV: Nothing > Trombone > Locke... and Nothing > Tyler's new player

5 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

More details please. I don't get this.

And @Devise I don't get what you mean by Trombone has to moved out. Since he's inactive would he become an inactive FA? If he's traded out, it still means Davos gets assets in return for him, so in the same "time frame", they benefit from Tyler's free GM player, and the assets they get in return for Trombone. While it's a "trade" now, these assets wouldn't have made its way to Davos if Trombone wasn't acquired for free back then? So basically, it's Davos got Trombone for free back then, and they're now turning it into something of value. While whatever value makes its way to Davos (let's for fucking example's sake it's John Locke), Quebec had to draft him, and while they now get Trombone for Locke, Quebec still paid a price for Locke originally.

In summary,

QUE: Draft pick > Locke > Trombone

DAV: Nothing > Trombone > Locke... and Nothing > Tyler's new player

There are no more details to give, I was in their shoes with Kensington in the VHLM when I took over Stockholm, I was told if I made Kensington my GM player I had to give up STO 1st to do so. Instead I traded a shitpile of assets to bring in Abbott so I could keep my first and a shot to bring in @Kendrick in the draft. Pretty much bullshit if you ask me

Edited by Bushito

Just now, Bushito said:

There are no more details to give, I was in their shoes with Kensington in the VHLM when I took over Stockholm, I was told if I made Kensington my GM player I had to give up STO 1st to do so. Instead I traded a shitpile of assets to bring in Abbott so I could keep my first and a shot to bring in @Kendrick in the draft.

what was their reasoning you had to give up a first to make kensington your gm player

14 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I think they go to those teams but they do have to give up a pick in their draft years which is next year I imagine