League Ideas

Banackock

It likely is no secret to anymore member on the Victory Hockey League that we're lacking some sort of spice to the daily doings. Over the last couple of months or so (some could argue the last 5 seasons), the league had begun to run stale in the mouths of the old and the new. We have witnessed many great vocal and experienced members leave the site due to boredom or for better and sing they're department things haven't been the same. These members include the late and great @Will and early but amazing @Smarch (2 commissioners that kicked a lot of ass on the forum). The league has a lot of options right now with what they want to do and where they want to go. I don't think a huge overhaul is needed, but those who run the league will need to open their ears a little bit more to the general public and maybe make some changes that they don't care for. Yes, @Higgins, you can't always get what you want (sing it like the song). Without the many who log in each day or week, the VHL would be nothing. Many people have stepped up to say "hey, I will step in as a commissioner or BOG" and have been turned away (or not responded to, @JardyB10). So if my PM's will go unanswered (which shows the quality of leadership in my eyes), time to earn a sweet 6 tpe with the ideas I present you.

1. Change the store - WE want MORE!

Hopefully you chanted that like I did. I work hard for my cash and player and these are things which follow similar trait in real life. While I do like to save money and am good at doings so, I also like to spend it when appropriate. The store seems boring as shit and there are two things that I notice largely each season. The first being that there are never any changes. It's the same boring shit that we have to wait an entire season to reap the rewards (unless it's 1 bonus TPE for writing a 600 word+ fucking article - BULLSHIT). The second being that while @Green does an exceptional job updating everything and no knocks to him (as everyone has lives and he could honestly be like "fuck you, you do it then), it seems it takes awhile after every season to get fully updated - which is a pain in the ass for updating and making purchases. SO, some ideas:

• Equipment that lasts a career. Gloves, skates, sticks for 1M EACH that would give you +3 TPE bonuses in 2 categories. Skating could be skating and endurance, gloves puck handling and passing and stick puck handling and shooting. Maybe lower the price to 750K each? 1M isn't bad though.
  • Open the option for more things - or a variety. The basics are good - awards, predictions, etc. How about the ability to add (1) TPE to your media spots or VHL.com each week for one price, but the option to add (2) TPE for an extended one (extra 500K or something?).

2. VHLM GM's or get rid of the league

The VHLM is shit lately. Hardcore, heaping pile or shit. I remember when I GM Bratislava. It was enjoyable - fun and people seemed to not mind it. When things were quiet and you were in a rebuild, you could hear a pin drop, but seemed like more people were involved in the league. We need to find a way to make this happen again. Make the league fire - make it all happen. 

• Raise the TPE cap for those who can play down there to 200 or 225. We have a "2 Player" thing going on. The rush isn't as huge for people to join up there so there also isn't a rush for young, new members to be called up at 200 TPE and such dick for the entire season scoring 3 goals, 7A and 10 points through 72 games. 
  • Have a GM activity check in there forum. It seems like a lot of our GM's are willy  nilly down there and the VHLM is a huge league for us. It's where every new member starts - so if you have a bum GM taking the piss down there, doing fuck all or not showing up, what a good message to send them. If there GM is inactive and so is the team, what do you think will happen? I've seen countless people bitch about the VHLM and get themselves called up and that's why the league is going to shit. More people should care about the VHLM. Act as the bigger brother or sister to new members and help them out - not kick and scream because it's not fun. It's a part of the process, quit being a bitch.

3. Weekly Activity Check

Self explanatory, unless you wish for me to ramble some more? I'm passed my word count though. 1 TPE each week for those who post in it for that week. 

4. Seasonal Point Tasks similar to SHL

While we could and should keep the media section and 6 TPE for writing the 600 words, I think a couple season PT's wouldn't hurt either that followed suit of the SHL. Say 3 Point Tasks per season, each being worth 3 TPE - where you'd write 250 words minimum about the given topic.

5. More commissioners, more simmers. 

Best to have back ups so no one burns out. Makes sense? If Jardy shits the bed swimming, then what? What if Higgins all of a sudden disappears, guess the league is fucked, right?

6. Piss off with the 8 season careers

Yes, that means new records likely will show up and things will become altered. Does it suck? Maybe. But shit changes in every league like this, not just in the VHL. From the GOMHL, SHL and even the NHL. 8 seasons is too short. Wow, I finally got good and am loving my career. Oh fuck, what? I'm regressing already? Oh shit, now it's time for me to retire. You have to be stepping on my balls, mate. I worked hard each week writing bullshit articles when I could be outside catching bugs and now I have to force retire my guy? Bull shit.

• 10 seasons - while looking at regression in deeper detail. Prolonging it, but adding to the affects of it in the final years?
  • 12 seasons - same shit.

7. Reward your VHL GM's.

We do a lot. I think I'm in my 8th season right now and try my ass off like crazy. Due to trying so hard, I actually feel the pressure of the closing walls of the league falling to shit. I've put in all this time, all this work. Have busted my balls off for myself, my team and the boys and now the league is shitting the bed. Most GM's are stepping down nowadays. Hell, I thought about it. You can't enjoy your players. I should of maybe let Federov roam freely, but it wasn't a smart GM move. Not for value wise and team needs. I've retired 2 players early (Sven Wolf -Goalie) because the team needed a centre or for retirement due to the GM trade rule (Sven Wolf -C). Bull shit and extremely unenjoyable to be a GM. So I get a GM player - a future 600 TPE player - who has to sit on a shit team EVEWRYTIME for 3-5 seasons while the team is shit. Lots of fun!

• Pay us or get rid of the stupid trade rule. Maximum value you can receive is a 2nd for GM player. Once traded, you can't reacquire. The player may continue to play for that following season AND the next. Afterwards, they retire. This extends it a little bit. Give the player th option of retiring right away or adding that extra season.

That's it for now. Discuss. Comment ideas. Let's put out this fire before she burns the VHL to the ground. 

P.S - 6 for Federov

24 minutes ago, Green said:

If you want the job just let me know by the way :P

Not a chance. Keep doing what you're doing :P 

Another idea would be the allowance of bigger contracts.

Contracts + Salary cap ACT

Get rid of the 7M cap, raise the salary cap but 7-10M and allow teams to spend more on an active player? This allows more fun when negotiating contracts. We can still follow it for TPE as a minimum, just raise the max a bit. This would go hand in hand with store purchases. 

- NOTE, keep the maximum for inactive at 7M or even reduce it to 5 or 6 million for inactive.

With mor money as players, we can add things to the league like store purchases AND/OR betting (bet on NHL games weekly etc).

@Green @ADV While I would LOVE to do less work for more reward, I say no. If you can't write a 2nd article each week, don't have a second player. Claim welfare. Honestly, some weeks I struggle. I think I've claimed welfare twice on Forsberg. Usually I find a way to pump it out. I like the fact that there should be more graphics or media pumping out. That is activity.

BUT, it could burn members out... but then again... you don't NEED and HAVE to have a second player. It's your choice to do the extra work. I do it because it's fun to develop players and our 8 season careers blow.

IMO, that should be something BOG is discussing. We needs some radical changes. Players don't want to join, bust their ass for 8 seasons and then have to do it all over again. 10-12 seasons imo. Make it happen.

As for the equipment, hell to the no. Just bring back $ = TPE. If you're worried about inflation, just up the prices some. Yes make 1 PT = 2 players because I am certain those with 2 players who consistently do their stuff are getting tired of doing things twice. 

I was close to not even creating Warlock, so yes, for me its from my own point of view. If I could do one PT and upgrade both players, I feel I would be able to last a lot longer. I understand the sentiment of working for it, but when the numbers are going down playerwise, I think its better to look at things you can do to keep them around, so the other welfare system sounds like a good idea as well, and one that can attract members from the affiliated leagues

13 minutes ago, Green said:

I was close to not even creating Warlock, so yes, for me its from my own point of view. If I could do one PT and upgrade both players, I feel I would be able to last a lot longer. I understand the sentiment of working for it, but when the numbers are going down playerwise, I think its better to look at things you can do to keep them around, so the other welfare system sounds like a good idea as well, and one that can attract members from the affiliated leagues

I agree. I just don't think it should be 6 and 6. Maybe 6 and 4? 

Write one 600+ article or do a graphic and it's 6 ad 4. In order to earn he other +2 for the last player, you need to complete a weekly Point Tasks of 200 words? 

@ADV dis why i should be in BOG

Edited by Banackock

Just now, Banackock said:

I agree. I just don't think it should be 6 and 6. Maybe 6 and 4? 

Write one 600+ article or do a graphic and it's 6 ad 4. In order to earn he other +2 for the last player, you need to complete a weekly Point Tasks of 200 words? 

@ADV dis why i should be in BOG

I don't mind it being 5 or 6.

Keep in mind, the rule is you can't earn anything else in EFL.

So if we capped it at lets say 5 or 6.  They cant do fan 590's or anything else so they will be earning that every week to just be in another league.

2 minutes ago, ADV said:

I don't mind it being 5 or 6.

Keep in mind, the rule is you can't earn anything else in EFL.

So if we capped it at lets say 5 or 6.  They cant do fan 590's or anything else so they will be earning that every week to just be in another league.

So I earn 2-3 more TPE per week.

I'd say cap it at 4-5. I'm leaning towards 4 if so. That's still a decent amount considering it's a 2nd player... and primary focus can still be on the first player. Federov is my #1, then Forsberg. etc

@KGR I also like $=TPE. 

#1 - Likely not

$1 = 1 TPE:D

#2 - hmm

$2 = 1 TPE

#3 - Likely so.

$5 - 2 TPE

So $50 = 20

Could open up a lot of doors for recruiting too. Yes, we make lots of money now, but these could be bigger doors.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

@KGR I also like $=TPE. 

#1 - Likely not

#2 - hmm

$2 = 1 TPE

#3 - Likely so.

$5 - 2 TPE

So $50 = 20

Could open up a lot of doors for recruiting too. Yes, we make lots of money now, but these could be bigger doors.

That would start pay to win and that's not a good thing unless you cap it low.

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

So I earn 2-3 more TPE per week.

I'd say cap it at 4-5. I'm leaning towards 4 if so. That's still a decent amount considering it's a 2nd player... and primary focus can still be on the first player. Federov is my #1, then Forsberg. etc

If you keep it 4, I don't see it being used much.  That means I can earn the same by posting one word.

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

@KGR I also like $=TPE. 

#1 - Likely not

#2 - hmm

$2 = 1 TPE

#3 - Likely so.

$5 - 2 TPE

So $50 = 20

$ = Contract money

Just now, ADV said:

If you keep it 4, I don't see it being used much.  That means I can earn the same by posting one word.

Not overly. Welfare you can only claim 4 if you've had previous players earn  certain amount of TPE.

This, everyone gains 4. 

So if I write 2 articles a week = 1200 words, I get 12 TPE. If Green writes 600, he gets 11. Do you see a problem there?

Just now, Banackock said:

Could cap it at $20 per season.

$20 = 15 TPE.

+

Donations = the same.

So Maximum of $40?

I'm actually a fan of the existing donation way maybe just more variety or make it so it's a flat TPE earn instead of double medias 

Just now, Beaviss said:

I'm actually a fan of the existing donation way maybe just more variety or make it so it's a flat TPE earn instead of double medias 

Just give the option of spending $10 more.

I like having a couple free weeks lol