The elephant in the room

boubabi

18 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Are you ignoring my most recent campaign? Bek4Builder and Bek4BoG both worked so why not Bek4Blue?

Like Devise said, I don't think making it out that no one is willing is entirely accurate. @punkhippie is right, commish and GM are about the only things I've never done and personally I'd be open to the challenge of the Blue Team.

At the end of the day whether we hire 1 commish or 4 (though we do need at least 2 IMO) the key is going to be getting people who will stick around and be trustworthy. Outside of that the most important thing is doing it quickly because @Higgins can't be expected to do everything himself.

I never really got the notion that you were interested, but since you are, you should be the first one hired just for longevitys sake. 

I would love to take on an increased role but I haven't been here long enough. I also don't think I have enough experience yet but one day I'll hope to be able to contribute more then I am.

Just now, Beaviss said:

I would love to take on an increased role but I haven't been here long enough. I also don't think I have enough experience yet but one day I'll hope to be able to contribute more then I am.

VHLM GM is the first step that usually everyone takes on. Set your goals on either VHLM Commy or VHL GM. Those are very attainable and it seems like they are in your future one day. Always aim for the sky but at least do it with a clear path in mind.

Just now, KGR said:

VHLM GM is the first step that usually everyone takes on. Set your goals on either VHLM Commy or VHL GM. Those are very attainable and it seems like they are in your future one day. Always aim for the sky but at least do it with a clear path in mind.

Been asked twice to take a VHL team but I'm not a fan of how your player has to play with the team so I passed on the jobs for now

Just now, Beaviss said:

Been asked twice to take a VHL team but I'm not a fan of how your player has to play with the team so I passed on the jobs for now

That's the best thing about it. Once you take on the GM role, you get your player pretty much free of charge then you can immediately make a second player (if wanted). It's basically you get a franchise player for free and it will help your franchise start off on the right foot.

Just now, KGR said:

That's the best thing about it. Once you take on the GM role, you get your player pretty much free of charge then you can immediately make a second player (if wanted). It's basically you get a franchise player for free and it will help your franchise start off on the right foot.

I know......but I'm still not a fan

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Take initiative and update the finance sheets before the offseason. Be a brave soul and update transactions and career stats on player pages.

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Take initiative and update the finance sheets before the offseason. Be a brave soul and update transactions and career stats on player pages.

No mod access or else I would I was running the contracts for the VHLM on that recruiting sprea 

i personally back @Bushito or @Beketov to be new Commie. in earlier days when @Devise was super active he would be a nice choice as well but as for someone who basically checked out of the VHL for the past feew seasons I am not sure that would be a good move to hire him in as Commie. That is not a dig at you Denise that is just my personal opinion just because of your recent lack of activity (although it can be said the VHL as a whole has witnessed this) I think all three will be a wonderful addition to the Blue Team.

Also #TLOforBOG amirite?

also on a side note, I like to bug @Higgins for stuff he doesn't do but simming for the VHLM is a huge job because of the massive turnover season in and season out, that is a lot of work to keep updating that file with new players and trying to make sure he deletes some other players who get called up to the VHLM and sometimes those players get missed like we saw this year with some scrub who was supposed to be the the VHLM. but hey shit happens, Higgins isn't perfect. VHLM simming is a lot harder than VHL simming IMO