The elephant in the room

boubabi

can't argue with that. My point being, the commish's future isn't something we need to be passive about, as it's the foundation of the league's decision. We were unfortunate to loose 2 very competent commish in draper and smarch, but shit goes on, and so the vhl. 

Maybe the list of possible commish isn't long, but a decision needs to be made for the present, and the future of the league

Please, at least choose someone who does point tasks weekly

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « crying emoji »

10 minutes ago, boubabi said:

can't argue with that. My point being, the commish's future isn't something we need to be passive about, as it's the foundation of the league's decision. We were unfortunate to loose 2 very competent commish in draper and smarch, but shit goes on, and so the vhl. 

Maybe the list of possible commish isn't long, but a decision needs to be made for the present, and the future of the league

Agree with the quote it shouldn't be something we are passive about. 

I add my name to the list, even thought it might be at the bottom of the list and scratched off

59 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Smarch is gone and I'm afraid I'm part of the reason he has left. I wish he would come back, but we need at least two new commissioner now.

I've only offered my services I don't know how many times to you guys but for some reason get constantly denied with basically no response or feedback. It's not like replacements haven't stepped up in the BoG and stated several times over the last 6 months that we'd like to help out, just organize the shit and put us in a position to do so. We either get told we are stepping on toes if we try to tackle something, like recently with the Anderson situation, or other types of feedback/complaints sometimes just go unnoticed. 

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

just my 2 cent here, but maybe because of your fragile vhl interest

you would be a very good ''people's''' commish, but I think the commish job is beyond relation with members 

That sounds like me! Well the opposite, which is what the league seems to need. 

Edited by punkhippie

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

just my 2 cent here, but maybe because of your fragile vhl interest

you would be a very good ''people's''' commish, but I think the commish job is beyond relation with members 

But I shouldn't be treated as "the savior" or the one commish to come in and do everything. The commish team has always been too small for my liking. The closest we got to it being at a state I liked was when Flyers, Higgins, Draper, Jardy, and Sterling were all monitoring and doing things.

Privately members like Advantage, myself and Beketov have stated interest in simming, or otherwise helping the Blue Team do heavy lifting. We used to never have issues hiring multiple commishs at a time, but now it seems to be so hush hush. I don't know if that is a byproduct of some sort of member bias, or if it's just the reailty of Higgins being busy doing most of it himself, especially behind the scenes, and Jardy obviously in more of a pure simmer role most of the time. 

• Commissioner
39 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Are you ignoring my most recent campaign? Bek4Builder and Bek4BoG both worked so why not Bek4Blue?

Like Devise said, I don't think making it out that no one is willing is entirely accurate. @punkhippie is right, commish and GM are about the only things I've never done and personally I'd be open to the challenge of the Blue Team.

At the end of the day whether we hire 1 commish or 4 (though we do need at least 2 IMO) the key is going to be getting people who will stick around and be trustworthy. Outside of that the most important thing is doing it quickly because @Higgins can't be expected to do everything himself.

Throw it to @Beketov and @Devise. Hell if they are willing, just change the permissions and move on with it. Fuck this playing with our minds of who will it be and such. Beketov has been a day 1 guy. Give it to him. Devise was the go to guy for what the BoG did. Unless any other BoG members step up, why not? They both have my vote.

Well if the BOG needs ideas I got a ton I've put a couple of them past respected members usually they can find a hole it my idea but if anyone wants ideas let me know