The elephant in the room

boubabi

So I'll make this public since it's a public interest, but is it official, Smarch isn't coming back right ?

If so, what are the plans for his eventual replacement ? We can't expect Higgins to do everything. Draper doesn't seem quite back, and I don't know if he will even come back to his previous activity level.

Draper and Smarch were obviously big part of the off-season, as they were efficient in their procedure, so do we plan on finding someone that will be also very efficient (and more importantly active) as commissioner ?

This is a do or die situation really, as the league as seen his share of crisis already and it's just honest to know where the league is going with that. 

Just now, boubabi said:

whats funny about that @Kendrick ?

Besides swimming VHLM games he really hasn't been doing much even in the BOG. The Off-Season is usually run by whoever was the other blue team member. No offence to Higgins, but you make it seem like he is running the joint.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

75% of the BoG members don't do shit, so there's that

and blue team job is beyond posting in the BoG. Higgins as been the most reliable simmer for a moment, so the life of the VHLM is pretty much in his hand. I guess that's enough.

And Higgins as a Blue Team member can change that by looking at who is in there, but it hasn't happened.

He does the VHLM Simming, he doesn't and hasn't really made any big announcement or big change as Commish. I mean when Draper was here people were already wondering what Higgins did exactly.

47 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I propose @punkhippie then

ez

Well fuck no one thought there would be a day I would be VHL GM. I might be commissioner before pigs fly. Because as far as I know I'm super active and motivated when need be, and responsibility leads to maturity 

Edited by punkhippie

22 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Besides swimming VHLM games he really hasn't been doing much even in the BOG. The Off-Season is usually run by whoever was the other blue team member. No offence to Higgins, but you make it seem like he is running the joint.

He does a good amount behind the scenes that most members don't see. @Will did/does more of the public stuff.

3 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

He does a good amount behind the scenes that most members don't see. @Will did/does more of the public stuff.

And what is that stuff? Just asking because transparency is key. We've been told about the behind the scenes stuff but what exactly could go down behind the scenes. Swimming is out in the open, BOD is open to those who see it and the only forum for Commish is their actual forum.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

And what is that stuff? Just asking because transparency is key. We've been told about the behind the scenes stuff but what exactly could go down behind the scenes. Swimming is out in the open, BOD is open to those who see it and the only forum for Commish is their actual forum.

if transparency was key, the BoG and the blue team section would be public

which isn't the case 

Just now, boubabi said:

if transparency was key, the BoG and the blue team section would be public

which isn't the case 

We used to have reports to the public but those were presented by Devise. That was transparency. There would be no point to the BOG if it was open to everyone haha. Not everything is so black and white

don't expect black and white from the blue team either. Most shit are hidden for a reason

and devise's summary was far from transparency as it was tainted from his personal stand point

What the BoG is doing (or actually not doing) in the recent month is far most an issue than Higgins's business in the blue team