Cologne GM steps down

Gudnason

Just now, tfong said:

Uhh yes i'm quite serious. I actually don't know why you're quitting. That second little jab there wasn't necessary either since i was genuinely asking why you were quitting.

Is it not clear? I have a bad reputation and people like @Quik and @Corco don't want to play for me. New first gens might not care or be in the loop, but that's not a recipe for long term success. I was never handed a good hand to start with, and most moves I made even before the last few days were horrible.

4 minutes ago, BOOM said:

None of my players have been particularly good from the beginning. They end up OK though.

All karma for Odin sitting out rookie year!

@tfong Genuinely sorry for that jab. That's just how I am. I would hate to have offended you if I did. You know how important you and Zero are to me

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Is it not clear? I have a bad reputation and people like @Quik and @Corco don't want to play for me. New first gens might not care or be in the loop, but that's not a recipe for long term success. I was never handed a good hand to start with, and most moves I made even before the last few days were horrible.

Part of GMing experience to change those issues you are dealing with? You were the one that told me you wanted to change the image. So change it instead of running from it?

Edited by tfong

2 minutes ago, tfong said:

Part of GMing experience to change those issues you are dealing with? You were the one that told me you wanted to change the image. So change it instead of running from it?

I was all along persevering at learning from my bad trades. But my reputation is too great to change. When you have people like @Quik @Kendrick and @Corco not wanting to play for you confirmed, and @Phil rumoured, how am I going to succeed? Better to not waste this time and hand it off to someone more deserving instead. 

4 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Gunna be an uphill battle, anyone else gunna step into the ring? Curious to see who elss wants to take over the mess

I feel like I have slightly improved this team from the condition of it when I took over from Greg?

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

You can either settle your differences with those guys, or learn to survive without them. I don't have any of them on my team and I'm doing alright so far. Although, I'd love to have any of them. :P

Doubt Devise or Jericho want to play for me

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Doubt Devise or Jericho want to play for me

Jericho's inactive, and Devise you could be right. I think he's full throttle Toronto until retirement then leaving though like he said in the other thread.

But, you can survive without all of those guys. They're obviously all good members to have on a team to win, but it's doable. Either that or get some PMs going and work through that shit. :P

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

Jericho's inactive, and Devise you could be right. I think he's full throttle Toronto until retirement then leaving though like he said in the other thread.

But, you can survive without all of those guys. They're obviously all good members to have on a team to win, but it's doable. Either that or get some PMs going and work through that shit. :P

Appreciate the support, but it's too heavy a hill to climb. Fong was here longer than you and knows me and my past more. I have done way too much here, in a bad way.

3 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Appreciate the support, but it's too heavy a hill to climb. Fong was here longer than you and knows me and my past more. I have done way too much here, in a bad way.

I'm one of those people who doesn't give a shit about the past and I'll play for whoever wants me. I'd play for Robbie still and you as well.

People get too serious on here. Just make a player, tear shit up and have fun. I mean, if you don't like a team's direction while you're there, you can always ask for a trade. I've always been loyal in that way.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I'm one of those people who doesn't give a shit about the past and I'll play for whoever wants me. I'd play for Robbie still and you as well.

People get too serious on here. Just make a player, tear shit up and have fun. I mean, if you don't like a team's direction while you're there, you can always ask for a trade. I've always been loyal in that way.

Maybe that's an option quite a few career lengths down the road if I get the opportunity again.

13 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I feel like I have slightly improved this team from the condition of it when I took over from Greg?

You have 1 player on your team. Sure V2A is a pain and means players run from playing. But he still helps even if he can only fetch a 2nd. Id say its in a worse spot. As now a new GM, either brings over a player who they accept will get nothing or have to wait a season or 2 for a guy to make an impact. They have no tradeable assets outside of picks. Which they need. I like you but they are a big mess

18 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

You have 1 player on your team. Sure V2A is a pain and means players run from playing. But he still helps even if he can only fetch a 2nd. Id say its in a worse spot. As now a new GM, either brings over a player who they accept will get nothing or have to wait a season or 2 for a guy to make an impact. They have no tradeable assets outside of picks. Which they need. I like you but they are a big mess

I robbed Seattle of V2A in the first place. He wasn't Greg's acquisition. Greg didn't leave me much other than inactive Rask Rowe and picks. I'm leaving the next guy with Matthieu Bourdon and picks. 

55 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

All karma for Odin sitting out rookie year!

@tfong Genuinely sorry for that jab. That's just how I am. I would hate to have offended you if I did. You know how important you and Zero are to me

I don't get how hard it is to not insult someone you claim is important to you. Normal people don't do that. Think before you lash out and I think you'd be okay. You act first and think later. For those that want that change, it's easily obtainable. 

1 minute ago, Jonessee27 said:

I don't get how hard it is to not insult someone you claim is important to you. Normal people don't do that. Think before you lash out and I think you'd be okay. You act first and think later. For those that want that change, it's easily obtainable. 

Everytime you write something I read it in the onion knights voice

9 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

My little jab wasn't meant as an insult. It's tongue in cheek flirty playfulness for me, but I know others might take it as a blow.