VHL/VHLM Coaches

@JardyB10 @Will @Smarch @Frank @Corco 

Okay, so time to rant. This will be my 4 GM that has gone awol. Either mid season, early, or late season. Infact my first season in this league i played on a team with one other active. Its promted me to think of a way to help.maybe the workload. I mean life happens i know, but it shouldnt come at the expense of players fun, and especially on a team full of new players. This is the first thing they see in the league after all.

So im proposing coaches. Basically they could just have access to a seperate area(so they dont have head office or GM privlidges). That they can get the latest index, and be able to submit lines if the GM of busy, or missing for abit. It allows A, experience with the sim many otherwise might never get, and B, prevents teams from suffering due to the GM real life issues. 

Taggers been a great GM, but since the league got updated our chemistrys been off. Which has lead to frustration from myself, and even a few new guys wondering what is going on. Its been a week since hes posted anything, and read 0 PMs.

Playing under management that seems to be inactive is not the ideal place for anyone to be in,  if we want to see as many new players stay in the league as possible, adding coaches would help a lot if general manager is away or inactive. Like you said, they could keep the wheels moving until new GM is found.

Edited by jRuutu

I think a Co-GM role would be the best solution. Someone that has all the powers but can't use them unless the GM goes awol or unless asked to. You could always pay them like .5 TPE a week or something to perk interest aswel. 

It seems I'm (one of the couple) active VHLM GM left :( it's a lonely world 

Edited by Beaviss

6 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I think a Co-GM role would be the best solution. Someone that has all the powers but can't use them unless the GM goes awol or unless asked to. You could always pay them like .5 TPE a week or something to perk interest aswel. 

It seems I'm the only active VHLM GM left :( it's a lonely world 

Are you really going to say that about @Megster and @Corco

Edited by KGR

No He is inactive. Took him 2 weeks to figure out our lines were fucked and took 10 days for him to come online and respond to a PM.

I don't think Gooning can really talk, Davos was a mess when he was a GM because he went inactive for large portions. That being said, yes something needs to be done.

People in the VHLM need to look at themselves in a mirror at some point because if you can't stay active, SAY SOMETHING!

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No He is inactive. Took him 2 weeks to figure out our lines were fucked and took 10 days for him to come online and respond to a PM.

I don't think Gooning can really talk, Davos was a mess when he was a GM because he went inactive for large portions. That being said, yes something needs to be done.

People in the VHLM need to look at themselves in a mirror at some point because if you can't stay active, SAY SOMETHING!

I think that's a little harsh to Gooning given the reasons why.

We're going to be having shorter leashes on things in the VHLM moving forward, however inactivity is something that's pretty unpredictable. YEAHstlemania (@tagger) is a well-respected member and I highly doubt that he is gone for good. Co-GMs have been a thing, but they're unpaid and are nominated by the current GM. 

1 minute ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I think that's a little harsh to Gooning given the reasons why.

I don't think so considering the timeline is different than what you think. From what he told us he had gone somewhat inactive before anything happened.

Just saying though maybe his GM's have gone AWOL for similar reasons? If so why the hate?

20 minutes ago, KGR said:

I told Laflamme to hop on and do some stuff. He should later when he wakes.

Being inactive for 2 weeks just to come on and do barely anything isn't enough to save a job in the VHLM.

Just now, KGR said:

Well I am not here to make excuses for him but working nights and taking care of a kid isn't an easy task.

I get that. But it took him 10 days to respond to my PM and he is a GM. In that case you let your team know you are crunched for time, which hasn't even happened. He has someone else doing lines for him but that didn't even happen until about 6-8 games into the season. You have to know when to give it up

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

I get that. But it took him 10 days to respond to my PM and he is a GM. In that case you let your team know you are crunched for time, which hasn't even happened. He has someone else doing lines for him but that didn't even happen until about 6-8 games into the season. You have to know when to give it up

He did ask me if he got fired yet so maybe he don't mind if he does.

8 minutes ago, KGR said:

He did ask me if he got fired yet so maybe he don't mind if he does.

Maybe not, but as a player on his team I know so far it has been less than impressive.

2 hours ago, Corco said:

We're going to be having shorter leashes on things in the VHLM moving forward, however inactivity is something that's pretty unpredictable. YEAHstlemania (@tagger) is a well-respected member and I highly doubt that he is gone for good. Co-GMs have been a thing, but they're unpaid and are nominated by the current GM. 

Even if rumours have it he is gone for good, at least he is the type of person that would at the least let you know and then stick it out until a replacement is found most likely.

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I don't think so considering the timeline is different than what you think. From what he told us he had gone somewhat inactive before anything happened.

Just saying though maybe his GM's have gone AWOL for similar reasons? If so why the hate?

When did i ever go inactive? I always put in lines, made sure i was at cap, made sure i never missed replying to PMs within a day. Made sure my rosters were posted and correct. I was never truely inactive, i just wasnt as vocal on the boards. I stepped down cuz i couldnt give my all to a team that needed it.

Just now, Gooningitup said:

When did i ever go inactive? I always put in lines, made sure i was at cap, made sure i never missed replying to PMs within a day. Made sure my rosters were posted and correct. I was never truely inactive, i just wasnt as vocal on the boards. I stepped down cuz i couldnt give my all to a team that needed it.

You were pretty much non-responsive for awhile, to the point where the bOG was even looking to put someone in charge.

Just now, Kendrick said:

You were pretty much non-responsive for awhile, to the point where the bOG was even looking to put someone in charge.

You sure you talking about the same person lol my last season i was quiet cuz i had a new bussinuess, but i also had no assets to move worth anything

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

You sure you talking about the same person lol my last season i was quiet cuz i had a new bussinuess, but i also had no assets to move worth anything

Yes I am. I see the thread in the BOG right now haha

yeah you guys need to chill. Its summer time and the hype of the kids going back to school and stuff. 

Kendrick you have me on facebook and discord. a simple facebook message goes a long way. 

If you guys wanna fire me, then fire me but you need to understand that for 10 days maybe 15 days people have lives and responsibilities. 

28 minutes ago, Laflamme said:

yeah you guys need to chill. Its summer time and the hype of the kids going back to school and stuff. 

Kendrick you have me on facebook and discord. a simple facebook message goes a long way. 

If you guys wanna fire me, then fire me but you need to understand that for 10 days maybe 15 days people have lives and responsibilities. 

And the role of VHLM GM that you have taken on is also a responsibility, albeit one you can relieve yourself of at any time if you let others know.