Positions (not sex, STHS)

BOOM

Follow up, is there still a "forward can play all positions" check box in the game settings, and are we using it?

Forwards Play All Positions - check this option if you want to have forwards be able to play any of the forward positions without losing ability (if this is not checked a RW plugged in at LW will not perform as well as if he were at RW). This option only applies on 5 vs 5 lines.

Edited by BOOM

35 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

For what it's worth, RW AK47 is playing on my 2nd line LW. He has 7 points in 6 games. It could have more to do with him playing beside Xander Finn and Daring Do, or it could just be that it doesn't matter what wing he's on. I don't know.

penalty for Toronto

19 hours ago, BOOM said:

Follow up, is there still a "forward can play all positions" check box in the game settings, and are we using it?

The only place that checkbox exists is in the All-Star Game simulation tab. I'm not sure it ever existed anywhere else.

As per the original question, I honestly don't know. There's no obvious flag of a penalty for being out of position, and there's not even clear anecdotal evidence after 55 seasons. We've always just assumed so, so no one's really tried.

For what it's worth, Bunclewirth played a lot of center and RW in his first few seasons, and he was the shit.

11 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

The only place that checkbox exists is in the All-Star Game simulation tab. I'm not sure it ever existed anywhere else.

As per the original question, I honestly don't know. There's no obvious flag of a penalty for being out of position, and there's not even clear anecdotal evidence after 55 seasons. We've always just assumed so, so no one's really tried.

For what it's worth, Bunclewirth played a lot of center and RW in his first few seasons, and he was the shit.

It's not the best example because he's a mid-range TPE inactive, but AK47 is playing LW right now and he's a RW. He has 11 points in 8 games.