STO/DAV: S55 Off-Season

Smarch

Just now, KGR said:

Because you make it the main focus. How about talk about how I dedicate to a team and bring activity to it. I have been helping keep things interesting in the VHLM where people want to scrap it. It is also cool to see myself in the prospect rankings big board. It's just who I am. I like creating players and bringing buzz to them. It's what I have been doing for years on video games and it just transferred over to sim leagues. I get upset that you're like "hey, he is going to quit on you." How about just not say it. I am quite certain GM's already know they risk they run when they draft a player by me. Unless a GM is brand new to the league and knows nothing of me, then it's safe to say they know how I do things. Higgins knew what he was getting into and it has worked out just fine. Hell I know of a few GM's that are already looking at my player and they know the risk that comes with my player's.

I wasn't though. I was shedding light that without knowing the market and without any prior experience in that position, it's really hard to see what each GM had in front of them when these trade talks were going down. Has Bushito gone inactive as a GM before? Yes, but he does know the market and does know how to GM in this league. Smarch knows it as well and thus the trade.

Well I mean, you do quit on them though? Like you literally have retired early more times that some guys have even created. So it is just the reality of your players when they are created. It's not a knock on you, it's a knock on the thinking behind their career paths.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I wasn't though. I was shedding light that without knowing the market and without any prior experience in that position, it's really hard to see what each GM had in front of them when these trade talks were going down. Has Bushito gone inactive as a GM before? Yes, but he does know the market and does know how to GM in this league. Smarch knows it as well and thus the trade.

Well I mean, you do quit on them though? Like you literally have retired early more times that some guys have even created. So it is just the reality of your players when they are created. It's not a knock on you, it's a knock on the thinking behind their career paths.

The career paths of the player's play out as long as I need them to. Sometimes it affects GM's in negative ways and sometimes they knew it was coming. It could also make for some good media spots as it could be seen as some real life shit where some people do retire. Then I could write about their lives after hockey and what they are doing.

Also I do know the market. It was hard to make the trade happen, but after talking with Bushito, I understand his reasoning for what he did. Everyone has their own way of doing things and just because I haven't GM'ed in the league, doesn't mean I don't have the mentality to be one. I just see things as how I would have done them. Now them being done differently is obviously going to happen because it's not me. Therefore, I am stating what I see happening based off if I was the GM.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

The career paths of the player's play out as long as I need them to. Sometimes it affects GM's in negative ways and sometimes they knew it was coming. It could also make for some good media spots as it could be seen as some real life shit where some people do retire. Then I could write about their lives after hockey and what they are doing.

Also I do know the market. It was hard to make the trade happen, but after talking with Bushito, I understand his reasoning for what he did. Everyone has their own way of doing things and just because I haven't GM'ed in the league, doesn't mean I don't have the mentality to be one. I just see things as how I would have done them. Now them being done differently is obviously going to happen because it's not me. Therefore, I am stating what I see happening based off if I was the GM.

And to each their own. You are in charge of your players as you are the one who creates them. My job with the scouting rankings is to give a realistic point of view on each player. The reality part about your players is that they retire early. I'm sorry but that's the nature of your history with players so that's what I report on.

Fair enough. You do you

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

And to each their own. You are in charge of your players as you are the one who creates them. My job with the scouting rankings is to give a realistic point of view on each player. The reality part about your players is that they retire early. I'm sorry but that's the nature of your history with players so that's what I report on.

Fair enough. You do you

What's the point in reporting it if you post the same shit over and over again though? I mean just as much as you get tired of seeing my guy in these, don't you get tired of writing that over and over again?

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

What's the point in reporting it if you post the same shit over and over again though? I mean just as much as you get tired of seeing my guy in these, don't you get tired of writing that over and over again?

Well considering the career paths are what they are, that's what we report on. I mean if you dislike that so much you could change that entire narrative. I write the stories man, you can change the plot. I don't get tired of writing the truth.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Well considering the career paths are what they are, that's what we report on. I mean if you dislike that so much you could change that entire narrative. I write the stories man, you can change the plot. I don't get tired of writing the truth.

Well as long as you don't mind being the broken record, go for it.

9 minutes ago, KGR said:

Well as long as you don't mind being the broken record, go for it.

I mean it's more of a reflection of your players being a broken record. I just write whats there

22 minutes ago, boubabi said:

my only fear is that mistake only has 2 years left on his contract. Considering the only real moment bushito will possibly flip him is next season, a gk with 1 year left on his contract isn't that much interesting.

i think this is more a favor for STZ rather than to better Stockholm. especially because Bushito has Kensington coming to Stockholm as his GM player.

1 hour ago, KGR said:

Who want a goalie who collects welfare and is probably going to max out around 700 tpe in his career? I am not knocking street here but ever since hearing he was going to Davos, he kind of just gave up.

I didn't give up, I was never going to focus on making mist4ke a superstar.

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i think this is more a favor for STZ rather than to better Stockholm. especially because Bushito has Kensington coming to Stockholm as his GM player.

Abbott is my GM player, there is more to the deal than what you all see, Mist4ke is a decent goalie and no matter how many years he has left the opportunity is best here over any other available starting spots in his future so whether he stays here or is flipped I think the trade is fine so others should be mindful of that.

31 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Abbott is my GM player, there is more to the deal than what you all see, Mist4ke is a decent goalie and no matter how many years he has left the opportunity is best here over any other available starting spots in his future so whether he stays here or is flipped I think the trade is fine so others should be mindful of that.

oops i forgot it was Abbott. so interesting to see what happens in the future

43 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Ay Ay Ron was also a favour to boubabi, a member who I don't want to waste a valuable two to three years in Cologne.

35 minutes ago, Bushito said:

You make it seem like he wasn't the starter in Davos

11 minutes ago, Green said:

This is the vhl remember. So most likely yes. Drafts here are usually top heavy and then a whole lot of nothing most of the times.

Might just be me, but I'd rather have two or three Peter Quills rather than one Pietro Maximoff, unless you know, Maximoff is like Gabriel McAllister.

Edited by punkhippie

1 hour ago, punkhippie said:

Might just be me, but I'd rather have two or three Peter Quills rather than one Pietro Maximoff, unless you know, Maximoff is like Gabriel McAllister.

Three actives over one welfare guy, yeah who wouldn't :P

Just talking about the reality we're in though.

29 minutes ago, Green said:

Three actives over one welfare guy, yeah who wouldn't :P

Just talking about the reality we're in though.

I had no idea Maximoff was welfare. No disrespect to Quill, but I think Maximoff is at another tier.

I meant that I would prefer three slightly above-average players instead of one superstar, especially with the new update scale. 

Yeah Quill was also created at probably the most shitty time possible for a new player. Before that I only did PT's for Maximoff for double weeks mostly, the rest is welfare most of the time.

But yeah, example was a bit off but I did get your point.