COL/HSK; S55 offseason

Gudnason

1 minute ago, Advantage said:

This does seem like very weird way of thinking about it since one of those teams they would be competing with just got 2nd overall from them.

If what Bana says is true, why not trade out of conference?

Because Anderson has always been Higgin's alt account

19 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Cologne is forced into waiting anyways, no point trying to compete when 3 teams in the conference will be contending for the 3 available playoff spots for the next 2 seasons. Flash forward three seasons, Cologne hasn't made the playoffs and whoever they draft at 2nd overall is a UFA.

I did @boubabi a favour

Just now, punkhippie said:

Can't see me doing worse than Abbott, Axelsson, and Velvet for Ironside or whatever it was.

Jacob. idk these two trades could be around the same. I mean it is potentially bouababi's 2nd player. anything can happen with a 2nd player, hell it can just be a player that claims welfare but we dont know that. but 2nd overall for 8th-10th overall, 6th-10th overall and 8th-10th overall is pretty bad. but who knows maybe some deep as fuck drafts are coming up

18 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I did @boubabi a favour

No offense to @boubabi, but what exactly do you owe him as the GM of cologne?

You should have drafted and flipped.. probably would have been able to trade him next offseason for a guaranteed top 3 pick, plus...

EU is lucky to have a GM willing to "wait" to compete lol

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

LOL

Let me get this right.. You wanted Federov + TWO 1sts from me (Seattle 1sts would be HIGH picks)... Yet you trade the 2nd overall for 3 shit ones..?

I'd like to think my pick would be better than 3 10th-12th overall picks. :o 

That was my asking price. Don't make it sound like you were offering that to me, or that you were ready to meet my asking price.

12 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

I cant speak for Boubai, but had you drafted me 2nd overall(assuming i keep this pace). I woulda played a season or 2 for you to then flip me for what would likely have been a better return

I'm too new of a GM to even have had that thought cross my mind, not ashamed to say

3 minutes ago, STZ said:

No offense to @boubabi, but what exactly do you owe him as the GM of cologne?

You should have drafted and flipped.. probably would have been able to trade him next offseason for a guaranteed top 3 pick, plus...

EU is lucky to have a GM willing to "wait" to compete lol

Trust the Process

21 minutes ago, boubabi said:

lets remember same kind of deal happened for mason richardson at the time. nothing new here

Would have been more like that if Bana accepted my offer of Rowe, Smallwood, S56 CGY 1st, S56 QUE 1st, S56 SEA 2nd, S56 STO 2nd, S56 COL 2nd, S56 COL 3rd, S57 COL 1st, S57 COL 2nd, S57 COL 3rd, S58 COL 1st, S58 COL 2nd, and S58 COL 3rd.

For just the tiny payment of S56 SEA 1st.

Edited by punkhippie

12 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Would have been more like that if Bana accepted my offer of Rowe, Smallwood, S56 CGY 1st, S56 QUE 1st, S56 SEA 2nd, S56 STO 2nd, S56 COL 2nd, S56 COL 3rd, S57 COL 1st, S57 COL 2nd, S57 COL 3rd, S58 COL 1st, S58 COL 2nd, and S58 COL 3rd.

For just the tiny payment of S56 SEA 1st.

dont even get me started on talking to bananacock for trades. hated talking to him as a vhlm gm. literally wants his players weight and basically the whole teams weight in gold.

I mean yes Cologne trades a player who may never re-sgn there but it also means that 5 season are down the drain as the GM traded multiple big name stars out of town.

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I mean yes Cologne trades a player who may never re-sgn there but it also means that 5 season are down the drain as the GM traded multiple big name stars out of town.

Cologne has been pretty much an old school saloon with a convenient door for easy access in and out since I stepped down 10 seasons ago. 

46 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Savard would of stayed in Cologne :0

Just now, punkhippie said:

I was a noob last year. Severely overestimated both the depth of the S56 draft class and Calgary's performance this year.

Meh you don't win every trade. You'll learn. Although I'd start hanging onto your higher picks. ;)