COL/HSK; S55 offseason

Gudnason

LOL

Let me get this right.. You wanted Federov + TWO 1sts from me (Seattle 1sts would be HIGH picks)... Yet you trade the 2nd overall for 3 shit ones..?

I'd like to think my pick would be better than 3 10th-12th overall picks. :o 

11 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I'd like to think my pick would be better than 3 10th-12th overall picks. :o 

Not that I disagree that your picks are better, but are you aware of how picks work? There is literally and I mean this earnestly, LITERALLY, zero percent chance any of the picks traded to Cologne go later than 10th. Because you know, there are only 10 picks in the first round. Sorry. And since one of them is a Davos pick, and if they say were to get eliminated in the first round, your looking at potentially 6 even depending on points. Unlikely given their new situation but EU is going to interesting this season anyways so. The only confirmed 10th they got from this deal was the S56 HES 1st. The S58 HSK 1st could also be as well. 

Either way this is a stupid trade for Cologne. Helsinki doesn't need any more great players and your basically gifting them another good young one to keep on running here. 

Just now, Devise said:

Not that I disagree that your picks are better, but are you aware of how picks work? There is literally and I mean this earnestly, LITERALLY, zero percent chance any of the picks traded to Cologne go later than 10th. Because you know, there are only 10 picks in the first round. Sorry. And since one of them is a Davos pick, and if they say were to get eliminated in the first round, your looking at potentially 6 even depending on points. Unlikely given their new situation but EU is going to interesting this season anyways so. The only confirmed 10th they got from this deal was the S56 HES 1st. The S58 HSK 1st could also be as well. 

Either way this is a stupid trade for Cologne. Helsinki doesn't need any more great players and your basically gifting them another good young one to keep on running here. 

Hey, been a long day ;) Either way, one 10th and two possible 8-10th. Doesn't seem good to me, idk.

But yep. Way to go Helsinki anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

Not that I disagree that your picks are better, but are you aware of how picks work? There is literally and I mean this earnestly, LITERALLY, zero percent chance any of the picks traded to Cologne go later than 10th. Because you know, there are only 10 picks in the first round.

Perhaps he meant there's an expansion coming up :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Devise said:

Sounds similar to Toronto during their three peat.

1 minute ago, KGR said:

Sounds similar to Toronto during their three peat.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm not saying you guys aren't obviously clear cut favorites. But so was Stockholm the season you guys upset in the playoffs. Quebec almost beat you last season. The STHS karma wheel can easily spin you into a first round exit as much as it could a 3peat, and you know that just as well as I do. "Fair, just, or right" isn't always in the STHS vocabulary. :P 

Cologne is forced into waiting anyways, no point trying to compete when 3 teams in the conference will be contending for the 3 available playoff spots for the next 2 seasons. Flash forward three seasons, Cologne hasn't made the playoffs and whoever they draft at 2nd overall is a UFA.

I actually don't think this is as bad of a deal as some are making it out to be. The player Cologne selects at 2nd overall may not even want to be on the team by the time Cologne will be able to be competitive, based on Cologne's current assets and the rest of the EU conference. S58 HSK 1st could be interesting, and the other two 1sts give you the opportunity to build up some depth or to flip again if Cologne is in the same situation.

Either way, Cologne is in a no-win situation.

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm not saying you guys aren't obviously clear cut favorites. But so was Stockholm the season you guys upset in the playoffs. Quebec almost beat you last season. The STHS karma wheel can easily spin you into a first round exit as much as it could a 3peat, and you know that just as well as I do. "Fair, just, or right" isn't always in the STHS vocabulary. :P 

I never said we were going to three peat. You said we got gifted players to us. I said that is what happened to Toronto during their three peat. They got gifted players.

13 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Cologne is forced into waiting anyways, no point trying to compete when 3 teams in the conference will be contending for the 3 available playoff spots for the next 2 seasons. Flash forward three seasons, Cologne hasn't made the playoffs and whoever they draft at 2nd overall is a UFA.

This does seem like very weird way of thinking about it since one of those teams they would be competing with just got 2nd overall from them.

If what Bana says is true, why not trade out of conference?