Rudi Ying, Hall of Fame Wannabe?

Gudnason

"Damn a lot has changed since I was here. Guess it's a bit of a risk, but Anderson is the kind of guy who will do 2 PT's every week for sure lol" - Slava Aleksei, S55, Riga Reign locker room

The above quote was posted by @Tyler in the locker room last offseason when @hedgehog337 was weighing whether or not to draft Rudi Ying at third overall. His concern came from how active I would be, especially with my other player being a GM player that would benefit my own Cologne Express, and whether or not I would pull a @Banackock and screw another GM over. Unfortunately, I'm not a high schooler anymore with a shit ton of time on my hands. I actually have to sacrifice time from my other hobbies to make time for the VHL. While I always make times for these hobbies, more time for the VHL means less times for other activities. As the seasons and months change in real life, one's dedication, interest, passion, and commitment to various hobbies always fluctuates like the tides of an ocean. With the lull and general deadness of the VHL this past season, my commitment to the league dippied into the valley this past season and there were a few weeks where I didn't even bother to do practice facility, trivia, or welfare. While I always strive to maximize my TPE when my mood is there, there are times I could care less. Not to say I am trying to fuck over Riga, because when I don't do shit around here, I don't even do shit to my GM player (granted I did end up retiring him later). With a work ethic like this, it's hard to make the Hall of Fame, let alone set records of having the highest TPE level at draft time, or creating players that have the TPE levels of Thomas O'Malley, Lord Karnage, and Tomas Tukio. Maybe it's time to lower my expectations, and you know, just play out a season or two in the VHL and outlast @KGR at the bare minimum? At this point, I actually need to re-calibrate and know that I should be thankful if Rudi Ying can be a solid first-line center for the next seven seasons as he plays out his VHL career. Or maybe I will retire him a few years early, so he gets 8% carryover instead of 7% carryover. Because with only 7%, I'll need 1065 TPE with Ying for my recreate to have 75 TPE. With 8% carryover, Ying will only need 932 TPE for his recreate to get 75 TPE. That's a whole 133 TPE less, and 932 certainly seems a lot more achievable than 1065, even if it's just because it's on the manageable side of the elusive 1000 TPE barrier. Maybe then I can aim for his recreate to be a Gabriel McAllister, Lord Karnage or Tomas Tukio.

For Birkir Holm Gudnason

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-09-04 at 5:19 PM, Gudnason said:

@boubabi my goal with Ying is to hit 932 TPE. By the seventh season. @Higgins take note I will be retiring a season early for 1% more of recreate TPE, hence Ying will be retiring at S61 trade deadline.

Should still be on pace for this seeing as it's just the start of my third season now