VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 7

Smarch

25 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Maybe a dumb Day 7 memory, but my Batman podcast, haha. Also my several drunken rants. You guys are good listeners.

Also MOTHERFUCKING CLEGANEBOWL

CleganeBowl better fucking happen this season for real though.

• Commissioner

Got caught up with too many early memories so didn't get too far but oh well.

last memory is being induced as a Builder in the HoF. Was kinda funny actually since @Phil and I more or less compaigned for it to happen (#Bek4Builder!) but there are very few things I've done in the VHL that felt like I was actually being recognized for my work more than that. I've never been a GM in all these long seasons, and I've never wanted to. I've never simmed or been on the blue team and only just recently did I step into the ranks of the BOG. For the most part I've just been an active member for 10 years of my life. That Builder introduction felt like validation. It felt like all that time meant something. Maybe not that I made the best players or won the most cups but that, as a person, my team here was worth it. It's been 10 great years, I wouldn't trade any of them in.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Got caught up with too many early memories so didn't get too far but oh well.

last memory is being induced as a Builder in the HoF. Was kinda funny actually since @Phil and I more or less compaigned for it to happen (#Bek4Builder!) but there are very few things I've done in the VHL that felt like I was actually being recognized for my work more than that. I've never been a GM in all these long seasons, and I've never wanted to. I've never simmed or been on the blue team and only just recently did I step into the ranks of the BOG. For the most part I've just been an active member for 10 years of my life. That Builder introduction felt like validation. It felt like all that time meant something. Maybe not that I made the best players or won the most cups but that, as a person, my team here was worth it. It's been 10 great years, I wouldn't trade any of them in.

You might have been here a heck of a long time, but you've never been on my team other than for the brief Brampton run at the end of S53. :ph34r:

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, punkhippie said:

You might have been here a heck of a long time, but you've never been on my team other than for the brief Brampton run at the end of S53. :ph34r:

Tamper with me all you want, I'm not signing.

Also, I probably would have been if you would have been able to stick around back in the day without getting yourself banned.

Edited by Beketov

For my last memory it has to be the Pajodcast boys. Meeting them, I even remember how it happened. Chatting a bit on VHL and then randomly invited to join some dudes for a Skype session and Poker game. I believe both @.sniffuM and @diamond_ace were apart of it as well. And then things just moved from there. Was so odd to me at the time, but somehow that turned into me travelling and meeting some great people from here. Obviously Chris/Kyle but we also met @Phil which was a fun good time. 

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Tamper with me all you want, I'm not signing.

Also, I probably would have been if you would have been able to stick around back in the day without getting yourself banned.

Who are you making after Hole Leak?

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Who are you making after Hole Leak?

I'm not, at least not for a bit. Gonna stick around with just Sokolov for a bit.

I almost forgot one important memory that I'm not sure anyone else posted, but definitely is a wonderful throwback.

Mother

fucking

HAXBALL.

Also a shoutout to kiekko for the REALLY old members, the Swedish Armed Forces Team Test (which apparently shut down last year :(), Oregon Trail, and all the other fun community games we played.

• Smarch locked this topic