VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration!

Devise

Hello VHL, we are happy to announce that we are approaching a absolutely mind blowing milestone. The VHL is going to be celebrating it's 10th Anniversary on Tuesday July the 18th. That is ten long calendar years that the site has been running. We've seen a lot of shake up and change, we've moved forums, and even survived a DDoS, and subsequent loss of a forum. This place has grown and evolved and some of us have had the pleasure of getting to know each other over many of those long ten years. That is of course including the few who have been here and seen it all. As this is a big, monumental occasions we wanted to take the opportunity to truly celebrate the league, and have a concord of events and activities to follow. 

Birthday Wish - Daily Giveaway
Beginning on Monday July 17th there will be a daily giveaway thread, where you can earn 1 TPE per day by sharing a favorite VHL moment or memory.  This will run until Sunday July 23rd. At the end of the week everyone who claimed for all 7 days will be rewarded an extra +3 TPE, as well as a Birthday Wish. The Birthday Wish entitles you to one free donation reward of your selection to use for Season 56. 

10th Anniversary Promotion Day
On Tuesday July 18th, the day of our 10th birthday we will be holding a special promotion day. On Tuesday and only on Tuesday any new recruitment referral is worth 5 Uncapped TPE. In addition we will be holding another Reddit Recruitment post, and members will receive 2 Uncapped TPE for posting in the Reddit thread. 

Higgins Special 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt *(To Be Held During the Off-Season)*
I'll let @Higgins cover the details on this one, but expect a historic scavenger hunt complete with an assortment of prizes. Higgins will post more details about this in the off-season, as the hunt will run during the off-season. 

Banner Contest

As we enter a 10th Anniversary we also need a new banner to celebrate the occasion. Which is where you all come in. We will be holding another banner contest, voted on by the community. All participants may use their banners as point tasks. Would also like to note here that there will be a new skin to celebrate the occasion presented by @boubabi

Themed PT Week
All Media Spots, Graphics, and Podcasts that have to do with the VHL Anniversary or focus on VHL history (Pre Season 50) are worth an additional +3 Uncapped TPE. 

All Time Roster Tournament *(To be Held During the Off-Season)*
We are going to be running an all time roster tournament! Each franchise will be tasked with crafting an all-time roster consisting of 6 Forwards, 4 Defenders, and 1 Goalie. A Round Robin Style tournament held very similarly to the World Cup will commence, with TPE rewarded based on the standings in the tournament for the members on each team. Note for those with Project Two players, as this TPE is rewarded per team it is player specific. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be rewarded. While the All Time Roster Tournament is going on, you may submit a one time only tournament related point task as a free extra point task in that week. 

NHL 18 Double Time 10th Anniversary Giveaway

That is right, we are giving away not one....but two copies of NHL 18 to help celebrate this occasion. How do you get entries to win a copy of the new NHL 18? Easy. Participating at all in any anniversary related task will earn you a single entry into the Double Time giveaway. Yes, you can earn multiple entries but only one for each activity. Note that this will be for every event other than the All Time Roster tournament. You can collect up to five entries into this giveaway. 

That is it for now, as you can see we've been hard at work at crafting a memorable event to celebrate such a big occasion. We are hoping to see lots of activity on the boards, and ideally a lot of new faces so to our devoted members keep your chat open and let's all be ready to help out new members when needed. Here we go, get excited, Happy 10th VHL!

Edited by Devise

7 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

With all the donation money the league has racked up, does the NHL 18 come with a complimentary PS3 or Xbox?

If it did you wouldn't be able to play it....noob. We are in the next generation now. :P 

30 minutes ago, Devise said:

If it did you wouldn't be able to play it....noob. We are in the next generation now. :P 

Ok fine PS4 and whatever the new Xbox is called. The latest games I have are Fifa 15 and NHL 13 on my PS3 :(

10 hours ago, punkhippie said:

Ok fine PS4 and whatever the new Xbox is called. The latest games I have are Fifa 15 and NHL 13 on my PS3 :(

Do you want NHL 15 on PS3? I'll literally mail it to you or something. It just sits on my shelf because I get the new one every year.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:38 PM, Devise said:

Themed PT Week
All Media Spots, Graphics, and Podcasts that have to do with the VHL Anniversary or focus on VHL history (Pre Season 50) are worth an additional +3 Uncapped TPE. 

fuck omg @Will@Higgins@Devise@JardyB10 can I pretty please use this as a PT for this week?