NYA GM

Devise

I'm stepping down this off-season. I'll be doing some of a fire sale early in the off-season. But that does mean I'll need a replacement. Feel free to post in here or pm me if interested in starting the role in 56 fresh with some picks able to take the team through another rebuild. :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Picks left over after a @Devise GM tenure? Unheard of!

Credit to @STZ @gorlab @der meister @Strtlght @Phil and @Pablo honestly. Everyone signed long enough contracts that it made keeping vital picks easier. If we stock up and resell this season, we'd still have our own picks in 57 and beyond for any down years. But @YEAH!stlemania did me a huge favor by having lots for me to play with coming out of rebuild. I'd like to send the next GM the same favor. 

3 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Why would a new GM want to come in and not make all of the offseason decisions? :blink:

Would figure a new GM would rather come in and be able to have a stock pile of picks or a good young player to build around. Unassisted is retired, as is Beketov. While the team certainly isn't in shambles, and I'd still have intentions of competing if I stuck around. This makes a lot more sense. Plus I built this team, I feel it's also on me to sell it before I put it into the next hands. Again no different than how @YEAH!stlemania did it when I came in. It was just Gorlab, he sold all the other valuables. This leaves the other GM with the assets of making a decision. 

Also it's about this group that is here. Most of these guys have NMC for a reason. I want to make sure they get to teams that give them a chance to have the best finish to their careers as possible. Especially in the case of guys like Digital and Shankly, who committed seasons for a long time. If a new GM can't get around that then perhaps they shouldn't be GMing? Respect for the members and the league imo. This ain't about no bloody process. :P 

12 minutes ago, Devise said:

Would figure a new GM would rather come in and be able to have a stock pile of picks or a good young player to build around. Unassisted is retired, as is Beketov. While the team certainly isn't in shambles, and I'd still have intentions of competing if I stuck around. This makes a lot more sense. Plus I built this team, I feel it's also on me to sell it before I put it into the next hands. Again no different than how @YEAH!stlemania did it when I came in. It was just Gorlab, he sold all the other valuables. This leaves the other GM with the assets of making a decision. 

Also it's about this group that is here. Most of these guys have NMC for a reason. I want to make sure they get to teams that give them a chance to have the best finish to their careers as possible. Especially in the case of guys like Digital and Shankly, who committed seasons for a long time. If a new GM can't get around that then perhaps they shouldn't be GMing? Respect for the members and the league imo. This ain't about no bloody process. :P 

Well perhaps I shouldn't be GMing - but I'd want full control when I stepped in, with my decisions about the roster as its constructed, not someone else's. 

• Smarch locked this topic