VHL and VHLM GM

Will

• Senior Admin

We are always looking for members willing to GM a team, whether that be in the VHL or VHLM. Note that VHLM GM's receive 1 TPE per week. While we don't always have open spots, if you let us know in advance that your interested in a role, we can better be prepared when we do need replacements. So if your interested in being a GM for either league, please PM the appropriate Commissioners. 

For interest in being a VHL GM send a PM to @Beketov or @Devise

For interest in being a VHLM GM send a PM to @Frank or @Corco

Current GM spots available:

VHL - :cal:

VHLM N/A

• Smarch pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Corco said:

Nothing against jvd, but we're looking for slightly more veteran members for the role.

Maybe that's the problem why everyone is inactive your not giving the new active guys a chance 

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Maybe that's the problem why everyone is inactive your not giving the new active guys a chance 

I understand that he's your friend and you want him to get the job, but to say that us not hiring new guys as VHLM GMs being the reason why people go inactive is a little silly. You've done a very good job as a new member being a VHLM GM, better than anybody would probably expect tbh, but that's rare to see. I'm against giving brand-new members jobs as VHLM GMs simply because not only do we want VHLM GMs to be very knowledgeable about the league and how the league works, but also we need to know that they will likely stick around. Someone who has only been around for a season is arguably much less likely to stick around versus someone who has been in the league for 4 or 5 seasons at the very least. If we keep hiring new members as VHLM GMs, problems are bound to spring up, since newer members don't have the longevity/experience to know how a lot of things work around here; the only thing different between a new member VHLM GM and the new members that they would be GMing would be the title [VHLM GM].

2 minutes ago, Corco said:

I understand that he's your friend and you want him to get the job, but to say that us not hiring new guys as VHLM GMs being the reason why people go inactive is a little silly. You've done a very good job as a new member being a VHLM GM, better than anybody would probably expect tbh, but that's rare to see. I'm against giving brand-new members jobs as VHLM GMs simply because not only do we want VHLM GMs to be very knowledgeable about the league and how the league works, but also we need to know that they will likely stick around. Someone who has only been around for a season is arguably much less likely to stick around versus someone who has been in the league for 4 or 5 seasons at the very least. If we keep hiring new members as VHLM GMs, problems are bound to spring up, since newer members don't have the longevity/experience to know how a lot of things work around here; the only thing different between a new member VHLM GM and the new members that they would be GMing would be the title [VHLM GM].

I know @jvd in real life he's the smartest nerd I've ever met. If he becomes a GM I can personally garentee he won't become inactive beacuse I'd light him up on facebook the second he does.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @Beaviss. I do plan on sticking around here, it's a fun game with a good community

@Corco's concerns are valid, however. I do have a lot more to learn about how the league and the sim works. I'm learning fast and would love the opportunity to GM a VHLM team, but if the commissioner wants someone with more experience, that's reasonable. I'm sure Corco will find a good member to take the reins of the GMless team. Hopefully after another season I'll be more of a 'known' commodity around here and I'll apply then.

Keep up the good work 

Just now, Frank said:

My one decent move as Commish.

We appreciate all your efforts behind the scenes, and even though I don't know everything, with how invested I have been in the minors the last few seasons I can somewhat tell.

• Devise changed the title to VHL and VHLM GM

Another bump to this. The Wranglers spot in the VHL is now open, and we are looking for someone as soon as next season. We've had a hard time finding GM candidates lately, so if you are interested as always let someone know. PM one of us, get involved.