What happens if I retire .....

NUCK

Well this is silly AF.

It doesn't matter if there's a specific rule about having to trade unhappy players, people usually just do it as a courtesy. Prime example being me, Frank took me in the draft and I really didn't want to play on Quebec, so he sent me to Stockholm. It wasn't really something he wanted to do at the time, but it was a nice thing to do. If circumstances are different with my next player and he wants me again, I'm not going to forget that. if he'd been a dick and locked me up for 3 seasons I'd probably say have never gone back to a team he GMd again.

That was in the VHL, where it would be understandable for him to hold me if the right deal didn't come along. The VHLM is way more about player development. It's legit inexcusable to hold someone against their will in the minors. Keeping newbies active is more important than your championship. You also represent the league in your role as a VHLM GM so you can't be that petty with someone you have influence over. If there was a magic button that guaranteed us one new active member at the expense of a Las Vegas championship this year I'd push it every time. The players are more important than a minor league title.

7 hours ago, BobertZ said:

@punkhippieis the Vegas assistant GM. So contact him for the 2 players that I am being forced to trade. He is not allowed to trade anyone else without me playing it

7 hours ago, punkhippie said:

Confirming they are @NUCK and @stevo

7 hours ago, BobertZ said:

Yes and no one else 

@Higgins

@BobertZ I don't understand how you can have the opinion that you're getting fucked out of a player, when that very same player is one that you don't even want to play? I mean, you were going to give him 10-15 games as you say, which in the VHLM is really not that impacting at all, especially on Las Vegas.

You're treating him like nothing, meaning that's how you value him. Then you're mad that you're losing him? You're not playing him anyways, at least when he was a goalie.

For what it's worth as well, @NUCK might have started the name calling, but Bobertz took it a little further, IMO. I mean, sure, you started it NUCK, but things got out of hand quickly.

This whole god damn thread is hurting the VHL's image. It's odd to me because it's somewhat rare to see these kinds of name calling, shitty threads here most of the time. At least from what I can see....but lately it seems to be ramping up more.

5 minutes ago, gorlab said:

... So that's why they call it Sin City. :th_clooney:

but sheesh, robbie. It was bad enough seeing that you were fucking on one of the very few half-decent SHLers but then to see you're also fucking on my nigga @stevo on top of that... SMMFH. You a damn fool for this one robbie.

@stevo and @NUCK are real niggas and must not be fucked with.