Las Vegas Logo

Jericho

Hey, whoever the fuck put the bar in the team section with that piece of shit garbage Mighty Ducks logo should slap themselves in the nuts. Because my boy @boubabi made 

McF3Pc4.jpg

THIS FUCKING WORK OF ART!

Seriously, fix this shit. This is the VHL, that other shit was MS Paint signs for a fucking bake sale!

Just now, BobertZ said:

Thats just beautiful. Bushito made the logo. 

Yeah but he literally put the spade over the mighty ducks old logo, you can even see the sticks are the exact same. We don't use stolen parts for our shit here anymore, we try and be a cut above that.

Boubs took the original and turned it into a masterpiece. It's a real VHL level quality logo. Dude's a fucking wizard.

4 hours ago, Jericho said:

Hey, whoever the fuck put the bar in the team section with that piece of shit garbage Mighty Ducks logo should slap themselves in the nuts. Because my boy @boubabi made 

McF3Pc4.jpg

THIS FUCKING WORK OF ART!

Seriously, fix this shit. This is the VHL, that other shit was MS Paint signs for a fucking bake sale!

At least I put in a fucking attempt for the guy when nobody else would even respond to his PMs.

3 hours ago, Bushitroll said:

At least I put in a fucking attempt for the guy when nobody else would even respond to his PMs.

Sure, but considering we've had "No stolen logos" as a rule for the last 30 seasons I think you can understand why we won't give you a gold star.

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Sure, but considering we've had "No stolen logos" as a rule for the last 30 seasons I think you can understand why we won't give you a gold star.

Sure but maybe you can not be a cunt about it. I would suggest not using anything to do with my design and find somebody to make something good. Anything else is just ripping off my stuff

Just now, Bushitroll said:

Sure but maybe you can not be a cunt about it. I would suggest not using anything to do with my design and find somebody to make something good. Anything else is just ripping off my stuff

I forgot that the thread was done in the BoG.

Basically someone noticed that the sticks looked like the ducks thing and was like "I'm pretty sure this is the ducks thing" and then everyone went "Yeah that's totally the ducks thing, we need to fix that". And then Boubs just quietly went and made that masterpiece.

I probably could have phrased it nicer, but I feel like it was a bit dishonest to rip an old NHL logo and try to pass it off as original content. You've been around long enough to know that we have issues with that, and we have a reputation when it comes to our  work that we need to uphold.

2 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

Maintain the reputation and have someone design something fresh

Do you not see the irony with getting upset for someone stealing your work? How do you think the guy who made the old Ducks logo would have felt? This is literal cognitive dissonance.

Also there's no shame with having something be a collab effort. I feel like your thing would have been fine as a "This is the basic idea of what we want". As long as the final product isn't legit ripped it's fine.

11 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Do you not see the irony with getting upset for someone stealing your work? How do you think the guy who made the old Ducks logo would have felt? This is literal cognitive dissonance.

Also there's no shame with having something be a collab effort. I feel like your thing would have been fine as a "This is the basic idea of what we want". As long as the final product isn't legit ripped it's fine.

I would have been fine with colabing with anyone. I would have been fine if someone came to me and said hey we want to change the hockey sticks because they are the Ducks hockey sticks. The fact is nobody was willing to colab or do any work on a logo what so ever. So I make a logo up to the best of my ability which I admit is limited. You come on here, a BOG member and say my logo looks like a piece of shit MS paint job after I spent how long of my time on it, tbh you can fuck yourself and have someone make up something new. It's my work and I don't give the league permission to rip it off.

• Senior Admin

This just shouldn't have been posted this way, there was no need for this to turn into anything and definitely didn't need to be in a public suggestion thread.

Look, Bushito tried when boubabi didn't have the time to think up a design, as boubabi said in the BOG:

On 3/31/2017 at 1:45 AM, boubabi said:

Having an original mock up is already a good start and its really the thing that takes most of the time/effort. If everyone is alright with the design itself, it wont be too long to clean it up with some logo design rules

All the conversation needed to be was 'Hey bushito, boubabi took your concept and cleaned it up a bit. Hope your okay with that!'. 

I would have been fine with colabing with anyone. I would have been fine if someone came to me and said hey we want to change the hockey sticks because they are the Ducks hockey sticks. The fact is nobody was willing to colab or do any work on a logo what so ever. So I make a logo up to the best of my ability which I admit is limited. You come on here, a BOG member and say my logo looks like a piece of shit MS paint job after I spent how long of my time on it, tbh you can fuck yourself and have someone make up something new. It's my work and I don't give the league permission to rip it off.

Ok take a breath dude. It was a shit post, take it for what it's worth.

You still don't explain how you can justify outraging someone "stealing your work" when you literally did the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, Will said:

This just shouldn't have been posted this way, there was no need for this to turn into anything and definitely didn't need to be in a public suggestion thread.

Look, Bushito tried when boubabi didn't have the time to think up a design, as boubabi said in the BOG:

All the conversation needed to be was 'Hey bushito, boubabi took your concept and cleaned it up a bit. Hope your okay with that!'. 

Sure, it was more so just a shit post that wasn't meant to be take too seriously, but it admittedly wasn't the most diplomatic way of handling things. Lesson learned.

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Ok take a breath dude. It was a shit post, take it for what it's worth.

You still don't explain how you can justify outraging someone "stealing your work" when you literally did the exact same thing.

I don't need to justify shit to you, it's done, pew pew.

I don't need to justify shit to you, it's done, pew pew.

I mean, we can safely ignore your opinion then.

You can ignore my statement and go ahead and rip my logo off but that just makes you a hypocrite and you'll need to ban me before this day is over. I was supposed to fly home today after 18 straight days of 14 hours a day. I got informed I now need to stay another 10 days before I go home to see my family. I'm in no mood to deal with your shit so take my design down or I guess I can spend the rest of my day blowing this shit up.

2 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

You can ignore my statement and go ahead and rip my logo off but that just makes you a hypocrite and you'll need to ban me before this day is over. I was supposed to fly home today after 18 straight days of 14 hours a day. I got informed I now need to stay another 10 days before I go home to see my family. I'm in no mood to deal with your shit so take my design down or I guess I can spend the rest of my day blowing this shit up.

Ok I'll ignore all the really stupid things in that statement, but I will posit one correction that is probably important.

You know I didn't make any of it, and I therefore can't take anything down right? I just copy pasted a link we were given. So if you want to go nuclear because you're having a bad day at work, at least make sure you aren't doing it because you think I can do something I can't.