GMs Having 2nd Players is Really Dumb

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

In Europe and haven't played for, so that is a big reason. But I think a big thing some people may be missing about this, and I say it's pretty crucial. Not everyone creates a second player to "do amazing." Or just keep doing what they have been doing. We all have our own reasons for creating a second player, and a lot of them are probably more outside the box things. Maybe it's trying a player build you never thought you would, or a position. Maybe it's test free agency when you never do with your first player. None of that is personal to any GM's though. A second player gives some of us an opportunity to experiment so of course we are going to. 

Yeah. Initially my 2nd player was probably going to be a mostly welfare guy that I was going to fuck around with. But then I went goalie, and Parechkin's career was ending so it was easy to update Ironside all the time and do PTs, since Parechkin wasn't really important anymore. Although, I still went out and did PTs for both of them most of the time, because I wanted to update Parechkin to be as good as he could be into the playoffs.

But plans change. I had the idea of Player #2 to be a defenseman that was mostly welfare, and I wanted him to play for a bunch of different teams. Not out of not being loyal, but just to get some experience on different rosters. But yeah, plans change. Lol.

Just now, Banackock said:

Great job. 5 points for Slytherin.

(Has nothing to do with me not respecting him. Enjoy your night, Kendrick. Maybe @Frank has time for your passive-aggressive remarks). 

Dude how is this passive aggressive, you took another shot at me and now you're running? Come on you're better than that.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Second straight day you just want to be an asshole to me, okay I see what's up. You're still a GM right? That looks poorly on you considering two guys left your team last year because of you.

You make asshole remarks, passive-aggressive comments and then when I snipe back, you cry and play the scared little victim.  Constantly, you're on my ass and trying to say everyone hates Seattle.

Odinsson left.. who else?

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Second straight day you just want to be an asshole to me, okay I see what's up. You're still a GM right? That looks poorly on you considering two guys left your team last year because of you.

More than two people have left this league because of you sunshine.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Dude how is this passive aggressive, you took another shot at me and now you're running? Come on you're better than that.

Were you previously insinuating that you responded because you had respect for eagles, but I didn't because I don't? 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Great job. 5 points for Slytherin.

(Has nothing to do with me not respecting him. Enjoy your night, Kendrick. Maybe @Frank has time for your passive-aggressive remarks). 

I understand you two probably don't like each other or something, but at least in this thread you're coming across worse.

I still love both of you fucks.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

You make asshole remarks, passive-aggressive comments and then when I snipe back, you cry and play the scared little victim.  Constantly, you're on my ass and trying to say everyone hates Seattle.

Odinsson left.. who else?

I do? Yesterday i read your comment out of context, I admitted that. You also read my question out of context but decided to be an ass anyways. So what are you trying to say here? ADwyer left because he lost interest being on Seattle.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Were you previously insinuating that you responded because you had respect for eagles, but I didn't because I don't? 

Well I do have respect for Eagles, but not responding to him does show that you don't exactly think his questions are worth your time. Do they not?

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

I understand you two probably don't like each other or something, but at least in this thread you're coming across worse.

I still love both of you fucks.

Yeah, but I'm constantly hounded by the guy - then approached by someone else via message and they say ( don't worry, it's just Kendrick).

I don't care for Kendrick. Wish he would just get off my case! :) 

Just now, Kendrick said:

Well I do have respect for Eagles, but not responding to him does show that you don't exactly think his questions are worth your time. Do they not?

It wasn't worth my time.BUT, it has nothing to do with me not respecting him. I just had more important stuff to do.

I am focusing on GMing my own team... being a VHLM commissioner... building my players, etc. 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

I do? Yesterday i read your comment out of context, I admitted that. You also read my question out of context but decided to be an ass anyways. So what are you trying to say here? ADwyer left because he lost interest being on Seattle.

I'm not sure it was directly related to Seattle. I think it was just the VHL in general. Hell, he wanted me on Seattle for awhile and got me there, and even was trying to get some hype to win the Grimm. Obviously that plan ultimately collapsed. :lol:

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Is that right? You realize you came here with a teenage grudge on me right? How petty.

Yeah I came here and bugged you a bit and you got all butthurt and started claiming I was mad. You are the one with a teenage grudge and proved it with your shit as soon as you found out who I was your attitude completely changed. You have your little passive aggressive bullshit to try and turn things around on others who make any little comment against you or bug you a bit. It doesn't bother me at all, I laugh at your bullshit because I know you are a little turd pretending to be some big shot on an internet hockey league.  

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

So what kind of questions do GMs ask draftees? Im too impatient to wait to next year.

they PM you and say "Hey I have 10th pick and you are a top 5 draftee, please waste your time filling out this questionaire."

4 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

So what kind of questions do GMs ask draftees? Im too impatient to wait to next year.

I always liked to get an idea of what kind of player they wanted to be, what their goals were with their player, what kind of career they were projecting and aiming for.

I also like to ask some character questions, get to know the user if I don't know them that well, see if they are a good fit as a person.

I aimed to build a Toronto team that people would want to play for and would be full of guys that I wanted to share a locker room with, win or lose. It worked out pretty well for my tenure. 

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

they PM you and say "Hey I have 10th pick and you are a top 5 draftee, please waste your time filling out this questionaire."

So I guess I should ignore everyone's PM except for Vegas because I clearly am first overall talent.

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

I always liked to get an idea of what kind of player they wanted to be, what their goals were with their player, what kind of career they were projecting and aiming for.

I also like to ask some character questions, get to know the user if I don't know them that well, see if they are a good fit as a person.

I aimed to build a Toronto team that people would want to play for and would be full of guys that I wanted to share a locker room with, win or lose. It worked out pretty well for my tenure. 

I copied him even right down to the logo refresh to good success as well. :P

13 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Yeah I came here and bugged you a bit and you got all butthurt and started claiming I was mad. You are the one with a teenage grudge and proved it with your shit as soon as you found out who I was your attitude completely changed. You have your little passive aggressive bullshit to try and turn things around on others who make any little comment against you or bug you a bit. It doesn't bother me at all, I laugh at your bullshit because I know you are a little turd pretending to be some big shot on an internet hockey league.  

Don't worry you'll be gone in a month anyways. I mean I'm not bothered haha