VHL Cup Finals, GM 7!: Stockholm vs. New York

JardyB10

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I mean my playoffs performance was pretty good. In 13 games :( Another loss in the finals.

A lot of people had some pretty stellar off-season performances. Was a rather wild one. Of course Moon didn't, but he was like the only one. :P 

21 minutes ago, Devise said:

A lot of people had some pretty stellar off-season performances. Was a rather wild one. Of course Moon didn't, but he was like the only one. :P 

Rhett DeGrath quietly had a sub-0.900 post-season as well.

35 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Easy mother fucking peasy easy cake.

@Devise You're a fucking legend at GM imo.

I mean..not to say he didn't build his team exceptionally well.

But it's not like he did anything specific in this series.  The team is just more developed.

He's a very good GM and one of the league's best ever no doubt.

1 minute ago, Advantage said:

I mean..not to say he didn't build his team exceptionally well.

But it's not like he did anything specific in this series.  The team is just more developed.

He's a very good GM and one of the league's best ever no doubt.

Not as good as you though.

But I can't imagine he'd be outside of top five.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

up to debate

but yes, probably

How is that remotely up for debate?

I inherited a team with 2 players and a goalie halfway finished his career.

Streetlight wasn't happy there..he wasn't producing and I had a chance to actually do a rebuild that started off right.  By moving those players, I acquired assets needed and didn't have to piss off either guy along the road.

Your implication was I gifted them to NY just cause my history there.  That is a ridiculous accusation if that is what you are indeed implying.

1 minute ago, Streetlite said:

Not as good as you though.

But I can't imagine he'd be outside of top five.

I agree with this. Chris has had to work a lot harder to do the stuff he's done as GM. I've said this a miillion times but I have been blessed with the ability not only to pick my spots, but even on this rebuild find a GM spot that worked very well for the way I GM. Everyone knows I love to trade for quality players and members, and I was able to do with right away with the trade Boubabi mentioned. I think some of the credit thrown my way here is overstated, I've worked well in the spots I've been "given" but as stated I also pick those spots well so that the end result has the highest chance of working in my favor. 

never meant "gifted"

just said that you "technically" are part of the win...and that's not up to debate, that's just pure facts 

Edited by boubabi

Just now, boubabi said:

never meant "gifted"

just said that you "technically" are part of the win...and that's not up to debate, that's just pure facts 

If that's what you mean then sure.  I certainly contributed to it in that case.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

never meant "gifted"

Yeah @Advantage I didn't read that as "Gifted", I read it as him saying you were part of their win because you did ship the guys off (albeit smartly) and they won.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

As much as the rest of the league probably hates this, even with potential moves you gotta think this is a likely scenario for next season. 

With Helsinki sitting tight, I don't see why this won't happen.

4 hours ago, Green said:

Congrats NY. Rematch next season ok?

Fuck that x1000

This lovey dovey bull shit final was boring as hell. Let's get the Titans in the finals and we'll resurrect league activity to an all time high. :hel: