VHLSC: S54 Rankings #5 - The Perfect Player

Kendrick

Rankings_Title.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-27_at_12.27.29_PM.pn

Hello everyone who is still with us! This journey is nearing an end as by the time the VHLSC gets set to write another rankings article, this draft year will have past and the players will go from draft hopefuls to prospects. Don't fret though, we got this one last issue before we hit the big day. Obviously this past couple weeks we have been seeing a ton of VHL Entry Draft Mock Drafts done by various people throughout our community. If you haven't got one done it isn't too late now and you can go create one. However, because of this influx of mock drafts we feel it might be overkill for us at VHLSC to do one this time around. So what did we do instead you ask, well we built the perfect skater and goaltender using the qualities that the current crop of VHL draft hopefuls contain. If you look below we got two different shadows consisting of parts from various different draft eligible players. So enough talking and more graphics!

Player.png

HOCKEY SENSE: Verner Reinholdt @Devise

We chose Verner here because his knowledge of the game seems to be the highest of any draft hopeful. Verner possesses a strong sense of intelligence on the ice and also is graced with exceptional know-how in regards to positioning. His passing is second to none and ability to play on special teams and even strength make him valuable.

FRAME: Fook Yu @tfong

Fook Yu is a solid piece of meat put on skates to wreck havoc. Yu has a large frame with some muscles behind him but also is the king of hitting and going after star players. We don't think Yu will have many friends on the opposing teams.

HANDS: Shawn Gretzky @TheLastOlympian07

Gretzky isn't like his relative because he is going into the VHL and not the NHL. Shawn does have some pretty hands though and his ability to dish the puck and also be creative when handling the puck set him apart from his counterparts.

SCORING: Takashi Fujimoto @HFD

This one might boost his stock a bit more than other player. Fujimoto is being looked at as a player in the second half of the first round. We are here to tell you that he is the best scorer in this draft class and if you want offence, this is the guy you want to select.

SKATING: Rudolph Schmeckeldorf @Corco

Rudolph the red-nosed speed skater is what he is being hailed as. Schmeckeldorf is the fastest skater in this draft year and if you want a speedy winger with a ton of potential this is your guy. Not to mention Rudolph has been very consistent in the draft rankings and in any other year would be a Top 3 Selection.

Goalie.png

REACTION TIME: Torstein Ironside @DollarAndADream

Torstein Ironside is the fastest goaltender in this draft when it comes to moving laterally in his crease. His ability to stretch across makes him a goaltender who is never truly out of a play regardless of the move put on him.

POSITIONING: Vernon Von Axelberry @BobertZ

Vernon Von Axelberry might be the third best option at the goaltender position but his positioning is tops in this draft year. His ability to square to the shooter and take away portions of the net that a shooter would normally find right away is superb.

GLOVE REFLEXES: Markus King @Kendrick

Torstein may have the sharpest head when it comes to stretching across, but Markus King has a glove hand that is just filthy. King will usually do the flashy glove save just to build some momentum for his club when they are hemmed into their own zone.

REBOUND CONTROL: Markus King

Markus King shows up again but this time it's for his recognition of where to steer the puck upon saving it. This is key so that rebounds aren't tucked home and the blue liners are left shaking their heads.

PUCK HANDLING: Torstein Ironside

Ironside shows up again and this time it's for his ability to move the puck. Often a forgotten goaltender skill is to be able to move the puck and provide a good outlet pass for your forwards. Ironside showed up on the scoresheet a few times this past seasons.

17 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

That sucks btw. Now my highest second round pick is 15th and it could turn second round into a bullshit for me.

Tell me you aren't figuring this out just now...

28 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

@Kendrick the irony is that King finished with the most VHLM assists actually.

What! I didn't even look it up. I just went with who I last saw getting an assist

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

That wasnt a shot Kendrick, it was a joke lmao.

Nor was that. I was just stating that I had made the list and then I remembered that you were now in the draft so I went back and re-did the ranking

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Nor was that. I was just stating that I had made the list and then I remembered that you were now in the draft so I went back and re-did the ranking

Well, thank you Kendrick.

5 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Well, thank you Kendrick.

Can't leave everyone out. After that disaster from a couple years ago when someone had retired and i left them on there for 3-4 weeks haha