EU Semi-Finals, GM 6: Stockholm vs. Helsinki

Will

• Commissioner

Moon finishes the playoffs with an abysmal 0.865 S% and just shy of 4 goals allowed per game. The forwards really tried to keep this close but hard to win like that.

Hell of a game for Axelsson the savage. Almost made it a 7 game series against the favorites.

Always tough to lose in the playoffs but going from dead last to over 100 points and game 6 in the EU finals is a massive leap forward for our team.

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

All good, Stuckholm will lose as they always do anyways :)

Loses the entire series for his team by playing worse than a CPU: claims the team that wrecked him sucks anyway.

Ah, the DT life.

14 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Loses the entire series for his team by playing worse than a CPU: claims the team that wrecked him sucks anyway.

Ah, the DT life.

Enjoy your short lived series, because that joke you call a goalie, will get wrecked himself next game. Plus they didn't wreck me, just got a lucky series going for them.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Enjoy your short lived series, because that joke you call a goalie, will get wrecked himself next game. Plus they didn't wreck me, just got a lucky series going for them.

Joke I call a goalie? At my worst in the regular season I still outplayed you and in the playoffs you feel on your face even more. I'll admit I played bad the first three games of the series (3 was kinda close but I still wasn't great) but I've let in only 3 goals in the last 3 games and did so against a more offensive team.

Meanwhile you let in 13 in your last 3 games and 27 on the series vs. 14 for me. So tell me again how I'm trash and Stockholm just got lucky? You're team outplayed Stockholm in several regards except for 1 key one: you. Hell you got pulled so much that in 2 fewer games Power played over a period more minutes than you.

Edited by Beketov

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Joke I call a goalie? At my worst in the regular season I still outplayed you and in the playoffs you feel on your face even more. I'll admit I played bad the first three games of the series (3 was kinda close but I still wasn't great) but I've let in only 3 goals in the last 3 games and did so against a more offensive team.

Meanwhile you let in 13 in your last 3 games and 27 on the series vs. 14 for me. So tell me again how I'm trash and Stockholm just got lucky? You're team outplayed Stockholm in several regards except for 1 key one: you. Hell you got pulled so much that in 2 fewer games Power played over a period more minutes than you.

We'll see. Like I said, when your goalie's career gets embarrassed by mine, I will get the last laugh.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

We'll see. Like I said, when your goalie's career gets embarrassed by mine, I will get the last laugh.

We'll see, so far I really don't see how that's even going to remotely happen.

BTW, yours is the worst GAA in the playoffs since S45 (just barely) and I haven't found a worse S% yet but don't worry, I'll keep looking. 

Oh, just found this Gem, in S44 Jax Barnstormer had a better playoff S% then you. So yeah, to your point from the other day, Helsinki might have been better off with Barnstormer.

Edited by Beketov

Just now, Beketov said:

We'll see, so far I really don't see how that's even going to remotely happen.

BTW, yours is the worst GAA in the playoffs since S45 (just barely) and I haven't found a worse S% yet but don't worry, I'll keep looking.

Let's compare the rookie season numbers shall we.

Holik - 44 GP, 7 W, 33, L, 4 OTL, 0.901 SV%, 3.43 GAA, 0 SO

Moon - 64 GP, 40 W, 19 L, 5 OTL, 0.899 SV%, 2.26 GAA, 4 SO

I'd rather take my numbers over yours anyday. I made the playoffs in my first season while yours was in complete shambles. So far Moon's career is already shaping up to be way better than Holik's. We can revisit this post again in a couple season and compare numbers again if you want to. So as for your "We'll see, so far I really don't see how that's even going to remotely happen" remark, I already have bested you in our first season.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Let's compare the rookie season numbers shall we.

Holik - 44 GP, 7 W, 33, L, 4 OTL, 0.901 SV%, 3.43 GAA, 0 SO

Moon - 64 GP, 40 W, 19 L, 5 OTL, 0.899 SV%, 2.26 GAA, 4 SO

I'd rather take my numbers over yours anyday. I made the playoffs in my first season while yours was in complete shambles. So far Moon's career is already shaping up to be way better than Holik's. We can revisit this post again in a couple season and compare numbers again if you want to. So as for your "We'll see, so far I really don't see how that's even going to remotely happen" remark, I already have bested you in our first season.

Taking numbers out of context proves absolutely nothing. You were on a strong team in your rookie season while I was on a rebuilding team AND STILL beat you in S%. I also faced more shots than you while playing 20 games fewer and still had comparable stats. So yeah, your numbers prove nothing.

Also, fun fact, this is the lowest S% of any starter in the playoffs since S30. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Edited by Beketov

Just now, Beketov said:

Taking numbers out of context proves absolutely nothing. You were on a strong team in your rookie season while I was on a rebuilding team AND STILL beat you in S%.

Also, fun fact, this is the lowest S% of any starter in the playoffs since S30. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Congrats, you have 0.002 save better than me. Do you really feel accomplished? Hell it don't matter rebuilding team or competing. My numbers still crunched yours. Like I said, Moon's career will put yours to shame.

• Commissioner
Just now, Da Trifecta said:

Congrats, you have 0.002 save better than me. Do you really feel accomplished? Hell it don't matter rebuilding team or competing. My numbers still crunched yours. Like I said, Moon's career will put yours to shame.

Crunched? You faced fewer shots, playing basically 1/3rd more games. And yeah, rebuilding vs. competiting does make a hell of a difference; if you think it doesn't you're more insane than I thought. Your team had a goal differential of 67 and mine had a goal differential of -87. Given that our save percentages are basically the same (as you lovingly pointed out) that means your team carried you FAR more than mine did. Put Moon on S48 Davos and he has possibly the worst stats any goal has ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Actually in terms of analysis that would matter. It would be like comparing Matt Murray and Marc-Andre Fleury's rookie seasons.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Crunched? You faced fewer shots, playing basically 1/3rd more games. And yeah, rebuilding vs. competiting does make a hell of a difference; if you think it doesn't you're more insane than I thought. Your team had a goal differential of 67 and mine had a goal differential of -87. Given that our save percentages are basically the same (as you lovingly pointed out) that means your team carried you FAR more than mine did. Put Moon on S48 Davos and he has possibly the worst stats any goal has ever seen.

Actually Moon would have done better. You are discrediting the differences between our goalies in our rookie seasons.

1 minute ago, Da Trifecta said:

Actually Moon would have done better. You are discrediting the differences between our goalies in our rookie seasons.

He isn't really discrediting them at all, he is putting them into realistic perspective. Here I can do it using both your goalies:

Niklas Mikaelson: 64 GP, 12 W, 45 L, 0.913 SV%, 3.69 GAA, 2 SO, 2724 Shots Against 

Astrid Moon: 64 GP, 40 W, 19 L, 0.899 SV%, 2.26 GAA, 4 SO, 1449 Shots Against

Mikaelson was on a rebuilding team at the time but had a better save percentage. Moon was not on one but had a lower save percentage. Meaning Moon was carried by his team more than Mikaelson.

Game, Set, Match.

• Commissioner
Just now, Da Trifecta said:

I'm really not. I'm pointing out easily recognizable facts and you're making bold faced claims with no proof. 

FACT: I faced more shots than you while playing 20 fewer games.

FACT: Our S% were more or less the same, in fact I beat you.

FACT: S48 Davos Scored 146 Goals. S53 Helsinki scored 226. Don't think your team carried you, really?

Our rookie seasons have comparable numbers in the grand scheme of things but your team carried you and my team was rebuilding. So yeah, if Moon had been on S48 Davos he easily would have done worse, there's no real way to deny it. You're letting a solid team in front of you go to your head. The fact is, you played like shit, both in the regular season and the playoffs. The only reason you got as far as you did is because the team in front of you managed to score enough that your fuck-ups didn't matter.

I'll gladly eat my words if your career numbers are better than mine (factoring in the likely 6 seasons less you will play) but that's not going to happen.